The Olympics Thread | London 2012

UConn James

Gold medal game today in women’s soccer. USA vs. Japan. Should be a great game. It’s a rematch of the World Cup final from last year where Japan won in a thriller. 2:30pm ET today. I'm dvr-ing to watch tonight.

I’ve been watching USA’s run. I’m hugely impressed with the talent of a few of the players: Megan Rapinoe, Abby Waumbach and Alex Morgan. The USMNT should watch and learn how to build an offensive attack and finish in front of the goal.

I got the DVR setup also. The cable company has 3 new channels for the Olympics including one that shows just soccer. Now I have to maintain a media blackout so the result will be fresh.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone watch the USA vs/ Australia basketball game yesterday? One of the Americans' was at the free throw line in the 4th quarter. There was a stunning red head sitting a couple rows up behind the basket...the camera fixated on her as if she was someone noteworthy(not that being a stunning red head isn't noteworthy in itself),,,,anyone else notice her? they never talked about her, just stayed on her for a couple seconds, granted the camera was from behind the shooter so it was probably not focusing on her, rather the free throw shot.... :blush:

anyone watch the USA vs/ Australia basketball game yesterday? One of the Americans' was at the free throw line in the 4th quarter. There was a stunning red head sitting a couple rows up behind the basket...the camera fixated on her as if she was someone noteworthy(not that being a stunning red head isn't noteworthy in itself),,,,anyone else notice her? they never talked about her, just stayed on her for a couple seconds, granted the camera was from behind the shooter so it was probably not focusing on her, rather the free throw shot.... :blush:

:lol: :lol: You truly are the horniest man on TBD.

I didn't mean to see her...but she was there in full screen...i actually gasped with my kids sitting there and asked...'who is that???'...sadly you may be correct as i googled 'hot red head at usa australia basketball game'...no results....oh well....

:lol: :lol: You truly are the horniest man on TBD.

the mens 200 was stunning. watched it in a sandals bar packed to the gills with hotel staff and amazed guests....magical! just f%^&ing euphoric. i don't think the jamaicans ever thought they could go 1.,2,3. nice tie in to their 50th year of independence. appropriately felt like we were watching history being made.

US sprinter's fibula breaks during relay race but he finishes and US moves on

Runner Manteo Mitchell said he "felt" and "heard" his fibula breaking midway through his lead-off leg of the 4x400-meter relay Thursday morning in qualifying heats. He kept running, going another 200 meters and handing off the baton to Joshua Mance. The U.S. went on to finish second in the heat, advancing to the final Friday night.

Kudos, Manteo Mitchell!

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Who was the editor of the newspaper that got indicted for the phone hacking stuff?

Oh, right.

Rebeka(? She uses a weird spelling) Brooks.

Then again she's not hot. And I think she may be in jail.

Both of those facts probably wouldn't be enough to scare off Pooj, tho.

I watched some wrestling and saw Jake Herbert get screwed because the world hates USA wrestling.

Now I turn on closing ceremonies for fun as I get ready for bed. Is this in Jamaica? A guy in an orange jumpsuit? A whole bunch of weirdness. A singing lightbuld. Wow the Olympics are lame.

I watched some wrestling and saw Jake Herbert get screwed because the world hates USA wrestling.

Now I turn on closing ceremonies for fun as I get ready for bed. Is this in Jamaica? A guy in an orange jumpsuit? A whole bunch of weirdness. A singing lightbuld. Wow the Olympics are lame.

That last bit was Rio de Janerio's opportunity to give an intro to their Games in 2016. They picked a Carnival theme, obviously.

As with the Opening Ceremony, this one racked of The Individual. And especially the British Singer Individual. In retrospect, I can't say that I'm all that impressed. The Olympics isn't a concert. You know? Just a thought.

Although the closing ceremony had more of an individual theme I enjoyed it more than the opening ceremony. They could have made a better effort to pronounce people's names correctly. Jacques Roggue (sp?) got old fast from when he took over 8 (or was it 12) years ago. He looked quite a bit younger when he took the torch. It's mostly bands playing so it's hard not to take it as an individual effort. Overall it wasn't too shabby I think. Rio should be interesting; I'm looking forward to an elaborate spiced up opening ceremony for that one.

And may I add that the lesser known models were drop dead gorgeous :)

Edited by Pilsner

John Lennon singing to the crowd,the john Lennon face, Freddie mercury singing with the crowd , Russell Brand, Eric Idle, Prince Harry singing and whistling with Eric Idle , the recreation of wish you were here album cover all made for a spectacular closing ceremonies .....oh yeah....and Victoria Beckham.....