The Olympics Thread | London 2012

UConn James

I heard that last night before missy Franklin swam her much anticipated tape delayed event NBC ran a today show promo showing an interview that discussed the result

No way!

Anyway... I love scooping the results before my wife and daughter sit down to watch in the evening... I don't spoil it... But I get them going by telling them: "I know what is going to happen!" :devil:

Wouldn't that be great if I could get the Kentucky Derby winner 6 hours early every year. LoL.

In today's info saturated world.... They are never going to please everyone. They just gotta tell the people to stuff it and go ahead with a plan.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am only going by what a friend of mine posted on facebook...i cannot confirm, but it wouldn't surprise me

No way!

Anyway... I love scooping the results before my wife and daughter sit down to watch in the evening... I don't spoil it... But I get them going by telling them: "I know what is going to happen!" :devil:

Wouldn't that be great if I could get the Kentucky Derby winner 6 hours early every year. LoL.

In today's info saturated world.... They are never going to please everyone. They just gotta tell the people to stuff it and go ahead with a plan.

Geez. Just opened Google News and their top story is a COMPLETE spoiler for most of tonight's broadcast.

WTF?!?!

I don't know who to be more pissed at.

Media outlets in this situation can't even give us the option of not wanting to see results before the event is shown?

This is an utter FAIL.

oh yeah...i have even had to avoid watching espn for baseball or holding my hand up to block the scroll, i can't even go to syracuse.com for my local fix...its frustrating, but one i went into knowingly with the time difference....yet another reason EVERYTHING should be US-centric....

Geez. Just opened Google News and their top story is a COMPLETE spoiler for most of tonight's broadcast.

WTF?!?!

Media outlets in this situation can't even give us the option of not wanting to see results before the event is shown?

This is an utter FAIL.

WTF?!?!

This is an utter FAIL.

Such is life in the new media world... What do you want? Womb to the tomb media holding your hand? Everything could be fraught with a spolier... Don't open anything or look away quickly. :-P

Won't have to worry in 2016... Rio is one hour ahead of EST.

so we will know an hour before everyone else??? how cool is that???? vegas baby...

Such is life in the new media world... What do you want? Womb to the tomb media holding your hand? Everything could be fraught with a spolier... Don't open anything or look away quickly. :-P

Won't have to worry in 2016... Rio is one hour ahead of EST.

oh yeah...i have even had to avoid watching espn for baseball or holding my hand up to block the scroll, i can't even go to syracuse.com for my local fix...its frustrating, but one i went into knowingly with the time difference....yet another reason EVERYTHING should be US-centric....

The news that was there has been at several big sites, including my local paper's.

Why can't anyone have the courtesy of putting "The women's gymnastics team competition finals are complete. Click if you want to know who won" or somesuch. WTF?

I don't want to have to live under a rock just so I can watch the Games with some degree of anticipation. But I guess that's where we're at.

so we will know an hour before everyone else??? how cool is that???? vegas baby...

2 hours for me Mr! I can stroll to my bookie! ;-)

The news that was there has been at several big sites, including my local paper's.

Why can't anyone have the courtesy of putting "The women's gymnastics team competition finals are complete. Click if you want to know who won" or somesuch. WTF?

I don't want to have to live under a rock just so I can watch the Games with some degree of anticipation. But I guess that's where we're at.

Take it from me... Pretty nice living under a rock... Just busting on you UConn...

what is worse is they seemingly hide the results. Last time with China they wanted it known and knew it'd draw you in. This time it is awful.

I thought there streaming it on the internet tubes?

I tell you what - I just became a fan of the Dutch Women's Field Hockey team:

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusolyexperts/149477339.jpg

I feel the same way with the Hungarian Women's beach volley ball team.

I thought there streaming it on the internet tubes?

I feel the same way with the Hungarian Women's beach volley ball team.

If I am on my laptop in front of the television I am going to watch the TV.

If I am on my laptop and there is no television I am not going to watch Olympics.

No way!

You're doing it wrong. Several years ago, my brother and I were watching one of the canadian stations which had some events on live. Later that night, they were showing those same events on the US station via tape delay. We'd sit there with my parents and discuss why we thought this person may do well, or fail. Our parents were astonished at how much we knew about the athletes. Later we told them we'd already seen the results hours earlier.

Synchronized diving?? Too many lame sports.

Agreed. This is a great time to showcase the unique sports. It seems that there are often only three sports in the Olympics - Track, Swimming, Gymnastics.

What is sad is that at work a coworker and I were talking and we said there are no cute gymnasts this year (mostly because we are older)...so we have less interest to watch.

I know that USA Women won the Gymnastics Team Gold but I cannot believe and be reminded that judging in the Olympics is so bias.

Edited by jboyst62

I'm enjoying the moms...most of them look like they've been training along side their kids....mmmmmm.....Momsssssssss

Agreed. This is a great time to showcase the unique sports. It seems that there are often only three sports in the Olympics - Track, Swimming, Gymnastics.

What is sad is that at work a coworker and I were talking and we said there are no cute gymnasts this year (mostly because we are older)...so we have less interest to watch.

I know that USA Women won the Gymnastics Team Gold but I cannot believe and be reminded that judging in the Olympics is so bias.

...and I just love gabby douglas...not in a creepy way though...

My god the balance beam is so hard to watch...don't know how they do that...I have trouble on a full sidewalk

Here's a tip that will get you down the sidewalk a little better: Don't drink beer.

:-P

You're doing it wrong. Several years ago, my brother and I were watching one of the canadian stations which had some events on live. Later that night, they were showing those same events on the US station via tape delay. We'd sit there with my parents and discuss why we thought this person may do well, or fail. Our parents were astonished at how much we knew about the athletes. Later we told them we'd already seen the results hours earlier.

LoL... I thought about that...