The Olympics Thread | London 2012

UConn James

John Lennon singing to the crowd,the john Lennon face, Freddie mercury singing with the crowd , Russell Brand, Eric Idle, Prince Harry singing and whistling with Eric Idle , the recreation of wish you were here album cover all made for a spectacular closing ceremonies .....oh yeah....and Victoria Beckham.....

I thought it was awesome as well..damn I am going to miss the Olympics. Two weeks go by so quick.

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So NBC in its wisdom did not show the entire production so that they could preview what looks like yet another sitcom abomination. I was very interested to see Muse, but they were edited out along with The Kinks. #NBCFail

I wonder how much effort was put into trying to get more members of Pink Floyd to perform Wish You Were Here. And how do you have a celebration of British music without Led Zeppelin? The chick who sang We Will Rock You looked OK but basically recreated the Brittney/Pink/Beyonce Pepsi commercial version.

Guilty as charged...i thought he did a very good job. But again, I am a fan of his stuff....and trust me, this isn't the only problem I am a party to

If you think Russel Brand was "good" in any way shape or form, youre part of the problem.

Oh, right.

Rebeka(? She uses a weird spelling) Brooks.

Then again she's not hot. And I think she may be in jail.

Both of those facts probably wouldn't be enough to scare off Pooj, tho.

A little late in on this UConn... But, isn't the proper and biblical spelling: Rebekah. That is the way Brooks spells it, with an "h" that is.

Why is it weird? I am almost positive that is the proper (from the OT bible) way to spell the name. The common spelling (Rebecca) is one anglicized varaition.