MDP dating advice thread...

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1343078825[/url]' post='2511313']

she emailed back, said she cant date right now because shes defending her proposal for her phd and going to africa, etc...

so im pretty sure shes not interested and just being nice

oh well, time to move on...

Crash and burn. Best to go back to match service.

she emailed back, said she cant date right now because shes defending her proposal for her phd and going to africa, etc...

Ahhh... the old "I'm moving out of the country" lie because they don't want to hurt your feelings by telling you the truth.

Tell her you're the ideal anthropological experiment.

Thats code for blowing guys for coke on the corner of 1st and 82nd. Better get down there quick if you want in on the action

LOL! "Honest?" She went on a date with him, but all of a suddent can't date because she has to defend her thesis and go to Africa?

exactly.

i told her in the email, im a grown man and i can take a hint. i said its ok to be honest, you dont have to surgar coat things with me

i basically said its ok to say youre not interested. happens all the time

i then said from an inside joke that for her proposal she should say global warming is really a conspiracy to bring about leninism... ( one of her friends literally thought that)

my horrible attempt at humor.

:thumbsup:

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

Yeah, so i sent her a message saying i was nervous on the 1st date because she was so hot and i understand if she doesnt want to talk, " i can take a hint". i said maybe if you give me a 2nd chance i wont be so self conscious.

oh well, 3 strikes and youre out if she doesnt call or respond...

sucks because i thought this might be a good fit

This a textbook example of how not to communicate. You're cutting yourself off at the knees when you hedge your bets with "I understand if you don't want to talk."

Additionally, if she's hot she knows it. You don't gain any points by telling her so. You can benefit yourself by making a point of not bringing it up.