MDP dating advice thread...

but i already called sunday...

wouldnt you call a guy back if you liked him? :blink:

It certainly can be intimidating, fear of rejection, embarrassment, hurt feelings ect, but rather then sit and wonder, call and ask if she would like to go on a outing with you. In the end is either yes or no, sitting pondering what others may or not be thinking can do far more harm to relationships as we ruminate and imagine often more than there is. You need , take a deep breath , have courage and find out what she is thinking, it on you to call and find out.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dating strategy pretty much goes like this:

1. Talk to women.

2. Ask the ones that are decent looking (and aren't too vapid and/or stupid) to get coffee with me or some similar hip bull ****.

3. ????

4. Profit!

5. Call the ones that provided an appropriate amount of profit to arrange another date.

Bottom line: if you have to put in effort beyond one phone call to get another date, it's probably not worth it. Aside from water, kitty is the most common commodity on the planet. It literally flows in the streets. In fact, it might be more readily available: it's relatively safe to consume kitty you find in the gutter. There's always more of it. Don't stress if you spill some or forget where you put it.

Edited by LeviF91

Bro, she called me back to set up the date... lol

i might call in a few weeks, one more time, but thats it. im trying to move on man. nobody likes rejection...

yet you keep coming back here.

use that sticktoitiveness on her bro.

Edited by NoSaint

My dating strategy pretty much goes like this:

1. Talk to women.

2. Ask the ones that are decent looking (and aren't too vapid and/or stupid) to get coffee with me or some similar hip bull ****.

3. ????

4. Profit!

5. Call the ones that provided an appropriate amount of profit to arrange another date.

Bottom line: if you have to put in effort beyond one phone call to get another date, it's probably not worth it. Aside from water, kitty is the most common commodity on the planet. It literally flows in the streets. In fact, it might be more readily available: it's relatively safe to consume kitty you find in the gutter. There's always more of it. Don't stress if you spill some or forget where you put it.

rooster is a considerably more plentiful commodity than kitty, but most of us simply aren't consumers.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself

Double wrap it before you tap it

When she says you love her, that is the time to cut and run

If you happen to fall in love with to people, however, choose the second one because you wouldn't have fallen in love with her if you were truly in love with the first one

Never break up with a girl by saying your gay. Any girl that liked you, will kick you in the balls/hook you up with the guy that does her nails.

If you have a choice, have the girl break up with you; gets you some pity points

Don't end up on Maury no matter what.

Have a back-up apartment for one night stands.

To get a girl, be nice but don't agree with everything she says. Kills the conversation since you can't really respond to,"Yeah, me too," but you can always get into a friendly debate if you disagree. Also keeps you away from the, *shudder*, frindzone.

Don't go out with people in your workplace.

And if her age is on the clock, she's just right.

I think a 14 year old just 1-up you guys. :nana:

Pretty wise for a whippersnapper. You been tagging along with your older brother?

ok, well i knew this girl back in hs... fastforward 8 years and we started talking on facebook for the past 6 months. i liked her and asked her out. she agreed. we had a date at this bar, she ordered a root beer float, and we talked for about 3 hours.

You mean you didn't offer her your class ring?

Not me. I don't like guys, so I never call them back. Maybe that is your problem, he doesn't like you? :nana:

I get that you never call them back but why do you go on dates with guys? :devil:

Vegetarians don't like it when you order the double cheesebuger with bacon on the first date.

Especially when you get a side of chili cheese fries.

MDP, you can't give up so easily. All woman like to be chased. Show her your devotion. Remember that there are cultural differences. She may be christian but she is Persian (Iranian)and they have certain rules that they must follow. She is not allowed to phone you back. You are the one that must take the initiative and aggressively pursue her. Call her until she answers. Do it in the middle of the night to be sure she is home. If a man answers don't worry, it's probably just the Eunuch her father has protecting her. If he gives you a hard time call him a dickless sob and demand to talk to her. If he hangs up, call back. No matter what, don't give up. You are being tested and if you show enough devotion and aggression you will win out. Finally, when you eventually go out with her again present her with the tradional Persian courtship gift. She'll know you are serious.

Very sound advice.

I would add that you should find out where she works and stop in to say hi. Just say you were in the neighborhood and thought it might be nice to grab a bite to eat.

Throwing pebbles at her window late at night would be a good move too.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Yeah, so i sent her a message saying i was nervous on the 1st date because she was so hot and i understand if she doesnt want to talk, " i can take a hint". i said maybe if you give me a 2nd chance i wont be so self conscious.

oh well, 3 strikes and youre out if she doesnt call or respond...

sucks because i thought this might be a good fit

Yeah, so i sent her a message saying i was nervous on the 1st date because she was so hot and i understand if she doesnt want to talk, " i can take a hint". i said maybe if you give me a 2nd chance i wont be so self conscious.

Yeah, you definitely blew it with that.

You gotta be the man, man.

Girls are attracted to confidence. Tha doesn't mean put on a macho display of bravado & it doesn't mean you can't show some vulnerability. It does mean you NEVER want to come off as weak, needy, or desperate.

Remember that you're an interesting guy with a good life & you'd like to share some of that with her and if she passes it's her loss & the next girl's gain. Keep that in mind & you'll do just fine.