Help me with my wedding!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is a feeling of relief that I don't have to worry about this crap again. I think I got each of my guys a big bottle of their favorite booze.

Was thinking about that some it will be easier with than others...

On another note we are 2 pages deep and not one person requested a pic? Sheesh you guys are slippin! (that and poojer hasn't weighed in yet) :nana:

This is a beautiful and romantic song - perfect for a first dance. Best wishes to you both. Make growing your relationship a priority - if you plan to stay together, you both will change a lot and you'll need to keep the focus on having your relationship keep up with the changes in you both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1qL2ynRpXU&feature=fvwrel

THE LUCKIEST - BEN FOLDS

I don't get many things right the first time

In fact, I am told that a lot

Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls

Brought me here

And where was I before the day

That I first saw your lovely face?

Now I see it everyday

And I know

That I am

I am

I am

The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you

In a house on a street where you lived?

Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike

Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes

I see one pair that I recognize

And I know

That I am

I am

I am

The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties

And one day passed away in his sleep

And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days

And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong

That I know

That I am

I am

I am

The luckiest

On another note we are 2 pages deep and not one person requested a pic? Sheesh you guys are slippin! (that and poojer hasn't weighed in yet) :nana:

Ok . . . "Before we help any further, let's see a picture . . ."

1) Don't worry about it. You're getting married. They won't be your friends much longer. Pocket the cash and buy something you like. It's the last time you'll be able to buy something for yourself without permission.

2) Are you talking songs during the ceremony, or a first dance/reception type of song? Don't worry about it. You're getting married. Your music appreciation will dwindle until you're unfortunate enough to start singing along with the ****ty songs on her favorite playlists. One day you'll have kids and it's "Wheels on the Bus" time then.

3) Don't worry about it. You're getting married. Sports will become something you can barely keep up enough with to talk semi-intelligently at work since you haven't seen much/any of the actual game. Sundays off limits is a joke. It'll start slowly at first, but eventually you'll be watching reruns of "What not to Wear" and "Toddlers and Tiaras". It's a win win for her. Because eventually you'll get so fed up with the stupidity of those shows that you get up and work on the house instead of watching TV. Which is what she wanted you to do anyway.

Congrats

:lol:

This post clearly written by someone who has been there.

This is a beautiful and romantic song - perfect for a first dance. Best wishes to you both. Make growing your relationship a priority - if you plan to stay together, you both will change a lot and you'll need to keep the focus on having your relationship keep up with the changes in you both.

youtube.com/watch?v=S1qL2ynRpXU&feature=fvwrel

:thumbsup: Thanks I passed it to her as I liked it a lot. She gets final say though of course :bag:

This post clearly written by someone who has been there.

I was going to put /thread after I saw his post because it had me laughing so hard but I wanted to keep getting feedback :)

This is a running joke between us how awesome that you quoted it lol

:lol: I was hoping you would weigh in as I knew you would have great insight! I'll run Cherry Pie by her and try to keep a straight face her response should be a good one :D

If she doesn't like Cherry Pie, try "Pour Some Sugar On Me." "Paradise By The Dashboard Lights" is also a good choice.

And btw...I was actually somewhat serious about #3.

If she doesn't like Cherry Pie, try "Pour Some Sugar On Me." "Paradise By The Dashboard Lights" is also a good choice.

And btw...I was actually somewhat serious about #3.

I mentioned Paradise in the thread about signature songs. I can't stand that song :lol: . I would have expected you to recommend Rainbow Connection. B-)

#3 is good advice... especially the last part. She will be very happy the day we get that... I'm obnoxious in the morning 0:)

#3 is good advice... especially the last part. She will be very happy the day we get that... I'm obnoxious in the morning 0:)

Hey, a man needs to get through his 3 S's in peace.

Hey, a man needs to get through his 3 S's in peace.

yeah steam and the smell of the first s don't mix well when she is in the shower and I'm droppin the kids off at the pool. :blush:

The majority of time I'm annoying her trying to get some early morning action, because we get up around the same time, have to be to work about the same time, and it takes me less time to get ready, what else am I gonna do with the 20 minutes I've got to kill in the morning 0:)

Needless to say she's not a fan :bag:

Need any HELP with the wedding NIGHT?

From the stories I've been told by my friends who are already married I think I got the passing out drunk and exhausted before anything happens down cold (lots of practice). :D Seems to be the norm that "consummation" takes place the next morning!

I am interested to know if you guys followed the wedding traditions. She is deathly afraid I will see the wedding dress before the day of and won't stay with me the night before (it's my house that we live in and I have to leave :bag: )

The majority of time I'm annoying her trying to get some early morning action, because we get up around the same time, have to be to work about the same time, and it takes me less time to get ready, what else am I gonna do with the 20 minutes I've got to kill in the morning 0:)

Don't worry about it. All too soon you'll be on the couch watching TV at midnight working on rubbing one out while she's asleep in bed, because the annoyance on her face and in her voice when you beg for sex will have destroyed whatever self respect you had when you came into the relationship.

All sex will soon become a quicky, because really, at once a month (in a good month), how long are you really gonna hang in there for?

Congrats again on the wedding.

Edited by Joe Miner

Needless to say she's not a fan :bag:

the same thing you would be doing with the other 18?

Don't worry about it. All too soon you'll be on the couch watching TV at midnight working on rubbing one out while she's asleep in bed, because the annoyance on her face and in her voice when you beg for sex will have destroyed whatever self respect you had when you came into the relationship.

All sex will soon become a quicky, because really, at once a month (in a good month), how long are you really gonna hang in there for?

Congrats again on the wedding.

It amazes me how similar some stories are haha. A friend of mine who has been married for a little more than 5 years was mentioning something along these lines. He said just wait soon you won't even realize and an entire month will go by and you won't have gotten any. I laughed until I looked at him and he said no I'm serious :lol:

the same thing you would be doing with the other 18?

Hey!!! IT TAKES ME MORE THAN 2 MINUTES..... to take my clothes off :P

Wrong, someone early on recommended photos of her in only a Bills jersey for a grooms gift, and to post them here first to see if they are "appropriate"

I'm in the same boat as you, except in November. I wanted to just go to city hall and do it, but she wanted something where she can wear a nice white dress. Unfortunatly she picks the week after the Bills Bye Week and won't accept Houston Texas as a honeymoon location to see the Bills/Texans game.

As for Ben Folds as a song, I'm thinking "Song for the Dumped" might not be a good choice?

Great song. But "still fighting it" is still my favorite ben folds song--but that's for when he has his first baby!