Help me with my wedding!

Still working on the song although I think we have a winner.

Anyways the Jack and Jill party is this weekend so I was looking up some funny sayings to make shirts for the both of us. I came across this site:

http://www.celebratorytees.com/bachelorette_party-page4.html

the 6th row down on the far right it has a future Mrs. Chris Brown shirt :lol:

It got me to thinking I wonder if it comes with a free black eye. Maybe the ups guy upon delivery will punch you in the face for added realism!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to late to back out.

nah not a chance I'm a sucker for this girl :blush:;):bag:0:)

She's admittedly not much of a sports fan (except UFC which she loves) so I mentioned to her that she needed to pick a favorite Bills player because I wanted to buy her a jersey (girl in Bills jersey = sexiest thing ever). She said "who was that guy you spent all that time stressing about and then he signed and you were so happy? Williams? That's who I'll pick." I don't know what it was about her remembering/knowing/caring but man I f*cking love this girl!

....and no she won't be ground up and in my freezer anytime soon :lol:

Give it some time, you'll be clearing out room in the freezer before you know it...haha j/k congrats on finding a good one. I'm there too and although sometimes we each would probably like to stab the other in the eye (both kind of hard headed so makes for arguments that go nowhere. Plus she's a lawyer so has a way to twist words!), still nobody else I'd like to spend my time with.

It's great to find someone that "gets you". My wife may have never watched a football game in her life before we met but now is a season ticket holder with me that tailgates like a pro and gets more nervous than I do during games. If you got the right one all those good times together just enjoying each others company far outweigh those inevitable tough times. Congrats again and go bills!

just got married:

#1: engraved pocket knives

#2: Make you feel my love by Bob Dylan (also a good Adele version out there)

#3: if you dont know then you shouldnt be marrying the broad, and most importantly, DONT TAKE OTHERS ADVICE - you know your sitch and your relationship

1. Anything but a flask since everyone already has ten of them in their junk drawer. If they like cigars, get them cigars. If they like scotch/bourbon, get them a nice bottle. If they like sports, get them tickets to a game. It doesn't need to be a keepsake.

2. Don't pick something trendy, new, trashy, etc. or you'll look back on it and realize the song really sucked ass and you looked like idiots. It's otherwise meaningless, so just pick a classic that won't embarrass your parents. Something like At Last by Etta James.

3. Have a lot of sex because once you have kids, those days are over. And unless you're already 35, wait at least five years before having kids.

#3 is good advice. At least for me marriage was not really a life changer unless you are marrying a real b*tch, which it does not sound like the poster is. When I got married I was still going out with my friends 2-3 nights a week, playing play station for an hour or two before I went to bed & such. My wife was pretty cool about it too. Never really gave me a problem. Then we had our first child three years into our marriage & the noose got a little tighter around my neck after that. It worked out okay because it happened to all my other friends too & my wife is probably the most laid back easy going wife out of all my friends so I wouldn't get to see them much more anyways. I will say though those 7-8 months when your wife is pregnant with your first child cherish those days. You got to live dammit. My wife would go to work & she was so tired from the pregnancy she would come home get something eat & tell me "I don't care what you do, don't bother me I am going to bed." It would only be 6 at night. I would not see her or the dog until the next morning. it was beautiful. Looking back on that time, that was probably the happiest time of my married life.

It's great to find someone that "gets you". My wife may have never watched a football game in her life before we met but now is a season ticket holder with me that tailgates like a pro and gets more nervous than I do during games. If you got the right one all those good times together just enjoying each others company far outweigh those inevitable tough times. Congrats again and go bills!

Congrats to you as well! :beer: I'm still working on us getting the season tickets. I keep lamenting how I miss going to the games and that my friends don't want to do it anymore. Planting the seeds and then taking her to a game this season. Hopefully she latches on!

just got married:

#1: engraved pocket knives

#2: Make you feel my love by Bob Dylan (also a good Adele version out there)

#3: if you dont know then you shouldnt be marrying the broad, and most importantly, DONT TAKE OTHERS ADVICE - you know your sitch and your relationship

#1 I'm leaning towards leatherman tools as I think they are pretty handy and high quality.

#2 I checked them out and can't believe I'm going to say this but I actually like the Adelle version better. We're leaning towards Jason Mraz (I know :sick: but at least it's not Michael Buble :sick: :sick: ) I Won't Give Up. Wanted an older song to begin with but heard this on the drive and it caught my attention, played it for her, and she teared up - which is what I was looking for.

#3 Now that's some good advice! I'm just not sure I can follow it since you say to not follow other's :nana:

Been married for a little over a year now:

1. I opted for getting something that meant something to each individual groomsman. We honestly didn't feel like doing keepsakes as I've been a groomsman in a couple weddings and can't remember what I did with the gifts I got.

2. I let my wife chose the song. She picked a nice Adele song, which I was fine with.

3. Communication is key, also its important to have your "own" time. My wife is British, so as much as she tries she just can't get into American Football. But she is real understanding of how important it is to me, and gives me my time for that and various other things. Just like I give her time for her nails, hair etc.

Congrats to you as well! :beer: I'm still working on us getting the season tickets. I keep lamenting how I miss going to the games and that my friends don't want to do it anymore. Planting the seeds and then taking her to a game this season. Hopefully she latches on!

#1 I'm leaning towards leatherman tools as I think they are pretty handy and high quality.

#2 I checked them out and can't believe I'm going to say this but I actually like the Adelle version better. We're leaning towards Jason Mraz (I know :sick: but at least it's not Michael Buble :sick: :sick: ) I Won't Give Up. Wanted an older song to begin with but heard this on the drive and it caught my attention, played it for her, and she teared up - which is what I was looking for.

#3 Now that's some good advice! I'm just not sure I can follow it since you say to not follow other's :nana:

i liked the Adele version better too, and thats what we went with haha...no need to have shame, she has the best voice of any female singer, ever...and if anyone disagrees, then they are an asshat

So as an update...

Tomorrow is the wedding and I've got bronchitis. I'm getting over it and hope I'll be in good shape tomorrow. We settled on I won't give up by Jason mraz which is an awesome song that I eventually (after we picked it) is about him fighting off suicidal thoughts lol.

Went with liquor for the wedding party and got them all something they would like; some johnnie walker, some jack, a bottle of Hendricks gin, and a nice merlot for the non liquor drinker.

As for the advice thanks all. Some good some bad and at this point I'm sick of others advice lol. Can't wait to do the wedding and be on the honeymoon!

As for the advice thanks all. Some good some bad and at this point I'm sick of others advice lol. Can't wait to do the wedding and be on the honeymoon!

I just want to make sure that you don't forget...

She's my cherry pie

Cool drink of water such a sweet surprise

Taste so good make a grown man cry

Sweet cherry pie, yeah

Remember to hum it during your first dance. Your future Mrs. can thank me later for planting that in your head...