A little tired of reading about Demetress Bell

He changed his name when he hit Philadelphia. When he played for us, he was Demetrius Bell. To me he never was all that good a player. I don't know how he can change his name and suddenly be mentioned in the same breath as Jason Peters.

Demetress looks like a female version of the name Demetrius.

I think Cordy Glenn will be a better player. Make that Cordie.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He changed his name when he hit Philadelphia. When he played for us, he was Demetrius Bell. To me he never was all that good a player. I don't know how he can change his name and suddenly be mentioned in the same breath as Jason Peters.

He's "mentioned in the same breath" as Peters because that's who he's replacing for the 2nd time. It's a relevant piece of information.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Eagles-Fortify-Tackle-Spot-With-Bell/0ea3f634-a34b-4e2d-96ab-27331d794098

And the way that article is worded, it seems as though Bell changed his name back to what it says on his birth certificate. At least, that's the impression I get.

He's "mentioned in the same breath" as Peters because that's who he's replacing for the 2nd time. It's a relevant piece of information.

http://www.philadelp...ab-27331d794098

And the way that article is worded, it seems as though Bell changed his name back to what it says on his birth certificate. At least, that's the impression I get.

I wasn't writing about that specific article. I was writing about the concept of his perceived stature as Peters replacement. If he were of starting quality, he'd have been signed earlier. He's replacing Peters like, uh, Van Pelt replaced Kelly?

Apparently he found out that Demetress was the intended spelling of his name. How one goes through life spelling your name wrong I can't relate to, but his mother was 13 when she got pregnant with him, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Bell was never a stud for us. He was often injured and i agree not Peters. i wish we had a better front office a few years ago not to lose a guy like peters, and others, but moving on.

Philly can enjoy avg play from Bell for 6 games, and then they'll get another LT b/c DB will get hurt again if hx repeats itself.

I'm happy with CG, Hairston, and so on. We more depth now. Wood makes it through a year, and we can be a stout line. It will make Fitzy and Fredex look amazing.

Funny ... there have been no threads about Mr. Bell in quite a long time ... but you start one with the title 'a little tired of reading about Mr. Bell,' which means you must have some sort of man-crush on him because I'd just as soon wish him well ... laugh a bit at the Eagles and their fans who think they have just obtained a Pro Bowl replacement for Jason.

Bell's injuries never let him reach his potential (maybe) with the Bills. When he played healthy he did an average job playing a tough position, which in reality isn't all that bad. He was definitely not the worst LT we have seen man the turnstile corner.

So ... now we have an improvement to our line in Glenn and even in Hairston who showed great improvement as the season moved along last year after having no mini camp rookies camp not OTA's ..

And that is enough commentary on Mr. Bell for me ....

Funny ... there have been no threads about Mr. Bell in quite a long time ... but you start one with the title 'a little tired of reading about Mr. Bell,' which means you must have some sort of man-crush on him because I'd just as soon wish him well ... laugh a bit at the Eagles and their fans who think they have just obtained a Pro Bowl replacement for Jason.

Bell's injuries never let him reach his potential (maybe) with the Bills. When he played healthy he did an average job playing a tough position, which in reality isn't all that bad. He was definitely not the worst LT we have seen man the turnstile corner.

So ... now we have an improvement to our line in Glenn and even in Hairston who showed great improvement as the season moved along last year after having no mini camp rookies camp not OTA's ..

And that is enough commentary on Mr. Bell for me ....

Man crush? WTF? Dude, seriously. Because I, what?

What it really means is I'm a little bored today, and started a lousy thread.

I wasn't writing about that specific article. I was writing about the concept of his perceived stature as Peters replacement. If he were of starting quality, he'd have been signed earlier. He's replacing Peters like, uh, Van Pelt replaced Kelly?

If you're tired of reading about him all you hv to do is stop reading about him...simple as that. He prob would hv signed sooner if his asking price wasn't so high.

I was never a fan and glad he is gone.

Van Pelt didn't replace Kelly Todd Collins did

Edited by Max997

If you're tired of reading about him all you hv to do is stop reading about him...simple as that. He prob would hv signed sooner if his asking price wasn't so high.

I was never a fan and glad he is gone.

Van Pelt didn't replace Kelly Todd Collins did

I'm glad you put that in about Todd Collins. I went to the game in Chicago the year after Kelly quit, and couldn't remember the qb, except that my friend who got me into the game (and on the Bills sideline) looked at AVP and said he was the worst looking athlete he'd ever seen. All neck, he said.

I don't read the articles about Demetress, but I see his mug and his name all over the place.

Bell is in for a rude awakening. While Bills fans will certainly let you know if you under-perform, Philly fans take it to the next level. Peters got crucified his first 2 seasons, and Bell isn't even close to Peters (when Bell is healthy and Peters is motivated, that is). But the good things in Philly's case this time are that Bell isn't protecting Vick's blindside, they didn't trade a 1st rounder for him, and he's not getting paid nearly as much. But they'll need to find a future LT because odds are Peters is done and Bell won't cut it because of injury or performance.

How many articles are out there about Bell? Haven't read anything about him since he left. You're right, he was never that good. I think he has talent but not the drive and determination to make it as a top player.

Bell was excellent when healthy. He wasn't often healthy, and unlike Wood's two catastrophic injuries, Bell's are the sort of basic "wear and tear" breakdowns you have every reason to think will continue.

He wasn't signed quickly because of his injuries, period. His healthy play drew praise from all over.

The Bills did the right thing moving on. He may be a huge success in Philly, but he's more likely to be broken down and out of the league in a couple more years.