Cordy Glenn on list of Top 10 Impact rookies

He is #8

8. Cordy Glenn, OL, Bills: Glenn's the hot name to take over at left tackle for the Bills, and this could be big news for not just the Eagles (who will obviously sign him as a free agent and/or trade for him in five years) but also Ryan Fitzpatrick. Glenn could fortify protection for a quarterback who looked like a Pro Bowler before injury -- or a new contract, you pick -- derailed his season. And while folks might be inclined to chuckle at the Buffalo offense, this is a potentially dangerous unit. Fitzgerald, when healthy, can obviously play. Stevie Johnson is clearly dangerous. And the tandem of Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller is dynamic. Add in a surprising second-round value in Glenn, and it could really help Buffalo meld together for a wild-card run in the AFC.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19424114/top-impact-rookies-for-2012-nfl-season

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great pic by the Bills and Buddy worked the media planting the idea he could only play guard.

From all of the OTA and mini-camp reports plus his college video this kid is going to be very solid at LT for years to come (Didn't laugh at the sidebar comment in the story about Philadelphia ... we only send them our undrafted LT's).

This year's draft combined with last year's has created a very solid team of young players. I really can't think of any team with as much potential success as the Bills last two drafts appear to have given us.

From his college tape, he reminds me of another Glenn, Tarik Glenn, who protected Peyton in many of his best years. He should be a very solid player who is actually built perfectly for late season games in Buffalo. Loved this pick!

Fitzgerald reference.

Link?

Not to defend stupidity too much, but a sports writer could conceivably have Fitzgerald as an auto correct, since there are popular athletes named Fitzgerald. Then when they butcher the spelling of Fitzpatrick badly enough, the computer auto corrects it and neither they nor the editor notice.

A great pic by the Bills and Buddy worked the media planting the idea he could only play guard.

From all of the OTA and mini-camp reports plus his college video this kid is going to be very solid at LT for years to come (Didn't laugh at the sidebar comment in the story about Philadelphia ... we only send them our undrafted LT's).

This year's draft combined with last year's has created a very solid team of young players. I really can't think of any team with as much potential success as the Bills last two drafts appear to have given us.

well, it would seem that we only send them our lt's that don't want to be in buffalo anymore. so let's hope glenn has success and loves it here...or that he is ok and we can pass him to philly...love to see what buddy would do with 2 firsts!

Not to defend stupidity too much, but a sports writer could conceivably have Fitzgerald as an auto correct, since there are popular athletes named Fitzgerald. Then when they butcher the spelling of Fitzpatrick badly enough, the computer auto corrects it and neither they nor the editor notice.

heck, i get autocorrected on stuff that i spell right, and it drives me nuts.

How can you screw up Fitzpatrick? I mean Fitzpatrick, come on man.