New Era sideline caps

It just seems like the hats built to look crisp (flat brim, etc) would make the rounding process painstaking.

I can think of no greater test of my 12 year old patience than waiting to take that damn rubber band off and rock my newly perfected brim!

You must have a lot of enemies between the ages of 10-25.

What can I say? My age bracket and I don't get along in that regard. I've come to accept my lot in life as untrendy and unfashionable.

Edited by biglukes

Leaving the sticker on the cap was meant to show that the hat was bought new and that it was not a counterfeit knockoff.

Same reason people left the tags on Timberlands and Nikes years ago.

It was a status symbol to show that you bought the gear at the mall or some real retailer and not out of a trunk full of counterfeit merchandise.

Not saying it doesn't look stupid or whatever, but that's the answer to your question. Funny thing is, the knockoffs are now manufactured with stickers/tags as well, so while the meaning is long gone, the "style" remains.

To me it's tacky, just as if you were to drive a car around with the dealer's sticker in the window so everyone can see how much you paid for it.

I feel like New Era has started making the stickers so obnoxiously large just to see how willing these kids are to make themselves look like fools just to stick to the so called style. Those stickers that cover the entire brim are ridiculous.

Darn kids these days with their hippity-hop and their rockity-roll.

I'm pretty sure New Era fitted hats have come with a flat brim since forever. It's up to the user to apply bendination as they see fit. So what if the kids wear them all crazy these days? Young people and their wacky fashions have been pissing people off probably at least since the first dude put on a powdered wig, if not before that.

Don't quite know how a post on a new boring-looking cap that looks like a hundred other boring-looking caps warrants two pages of comments, but I'll join the fray. (Oh, must be offseason.)

There's something about flat-brimmed, stiff hats I just despise. No offense, I just think people look weird in them. Hat extending way above the head. Brim sticking out like a freaking platypus.Thought I was weird, glad others have the same thoughts.

Agree, the stickers are even stupider. Not an age thing. A bad fad thing. Like tight-rolling jeans. Only worse.

Kids in 10 years will be making fun of pictures of their dads looking like dolts with the stickers on.

It's no different than forgetting to take off a sticker on a new dress shirt. I did that once with a prospect. Never got the account, by the way. But I digress...

Do we really have 75 more days until the Jets?

Apparently, this guy agrees with a lot of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1MOkEbyrWo&feature=related

I saw the new hat offering on buffalobills.com, and wondered if a thread had been started. I seem to have a view that takes elements from several camps.

1) I love the color scheme. Call me crazy, but I like the simple royal, red accents (including brim), and clean logo.

2) I do not like, and cannot wear, flat brim hats. If I did/could, I certainly would never leave the sticker on.

I guess these would be the new era bent-brim versions:

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12393569&cp=13102094.13102098&pageType=family&parentPage=family

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12393476&cp=13102094.13102098&pageType=family&parentPage=family

eh

Hate the flat brim as well!

What option do us white people have anymore when it comes to buying a hat?

Buy the hat. Before leaving the store, rip the stickers off and bend the brim with your hands. Enjoy the gasps from the teenagers seeing you do this.

I chuckle at the thought of Chan wearing one of those hats on gamedays. Lol

But honestly, I do not think age has anything to do with whether you like the flat brim/sticker hats, I believe it's your level of "douchebag." I am twenty years old, and I believe that anyone wearing the flat brim hat, especially with the sticker on it, is just a douche. Granted, if you go to a baseball game and you are supporting your team with an authentic on field hat, that's a little different. But I think anywhere else is just stupid. People need to grow up a bit, imo, and I think New Era was more worried about what is "cool" right now, rather than what true football fans would want to wear.

And I will NEVER understand the infatuation with the STANDING Buffalo. Passive, grazing bovine? No thanks. I'm all for nostalgia and throw backs, but the preference for a stationary logo baffles me.

You and I agree on a lot of things, but not the standing buffalo logo.

I have two Bills hats, both by Mitchell and Ness (sorry New Era), both fitted with the standing buffalo. One is the red standing buffalo (oversized) on blue cap with red top button and red vent-hole stitching and the other is white Buffalo on red cap with blue top button and red vent-hole stitching.

Both look killer IMO. :)

Don't like it. Flat brim, uninspired design. I want a white cap at a hot training camp.

Just ordered this Reebok at $20.94:

http://bills.fanatic..._Adjustable_Hat

White with blue "Buffalo Bills" and logo front and center.

Like.

As far as flat brim vs curved, it's pretty impossible to uncurve a curved brim so it makes sense for manufacturers to produce flat brims so that people can personalize their caps and develop that special relationship.

I have two Bills hats, both by Mitchell and Ness (sorry New Era), both fitted with the standing buffalo. One is the red standing buffalo (oversized) on blue cap with red top button and red vent-hole stitching and the other is white Buffalo on red cap with blue top button and red vent-hole stitching.

I have that same blue w/ red Buffalo M&N cap and it's easily my favorite. I understand the philosophy behind the charging buffalo vs. the standing buffalo, but I love the tradition and class of the AFL logo. There's nothing aggressive about the logos of numerous successful franchises (eg. GB, NYG, Pittsburgh), the Bills don't really need to have an aggressive buffalo to show that they play hard.

I have that same blue w/ red Buffalo M&N cap and it's easily my favorite. I understand the philosophy behind the charging buffalo vs. the standing buffalo, but I love the tradition and class of the AFL logo. There's nothing aggressive about the logos of numerous successful franchises (eg. GB, NYG, Pittsburgh), the Bills don't really need to have an aggressive buffalo to show that they play hard.

Agree 100%.

In fact it seems the majority of sports team logos are not ferocious looking.

When some famous 'cool' guy did it by mistake. Thus a bunch of people who can not think fo rthemselves followed suite. basically how every dumb trend gets started

Yes - I believe it was Al Cervik's friend, Mr. Wang, who started the whole 'leave-the-label-on' trend...

post-2970-036767300 1340886324_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

• 3 weeks later...

It just appeared on thebillsstore.com - I applied my $20 season ticket renewal certificate so I got it for $8. Sweet.

What's this about a season ticket renewal certificate? How do I claim mine?

People need to grow up a bit, imo, and I think New Era was more worried about what is "cool" right now, rather than what true football fans would want to wear.

Ridiculous statement IMHO. So you are telling me that if I spend $34.99 on a well constructed flatbrimmed hat and proudly display my Bills gear outside of a game, then I am a douchebag, as well as not a true football fan? I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

It's a style choice. Simple as that. Some like it, some don't. I purchase the New Era hat, apply a slight, somewhat noticeable bend, and size it up just hair bigger than my actual size. It works for me. I would never question your fandom if you had a ratty, v-shape billed, "faded 1960" hat like Ralph wears. Different strokes for different folks. I guess I prefer to be in the middle of the trend. Being only 30yrs old...I guess that makes sense.

There are some undertones and connotations in this thread that just don't sit well with me. Who cares? Support your team how you see fit.

Like.

As far as flat brim vs curved, it's pretty impossible to uncurve a curved brim so it makes sense for manufacturers to produce flat brims so that people can personalize their caps and develop that special relationship.

I have that one as well. Love it.

Ugh. Maybe it's because I'm older, but I hate those flat brim hats.

Same here. Reminds me of the hats the younger kids where where their ears are up inside the hat itelf. I must be old, because I also prefer the curved bill.

Put your account number in the promo code field and you should see a $20 discount on any order from the bills store.

Holy crap, are you kidding me? This is ongoing and not limited to one purchase? I spend a freaking mint at that store. :doh:

Holy crap, are you kidding me? This is ongoing and not limited to one purchase? I spend a freaking mint at that store. :doh:

AFAIK it's a one-time use thing. I do know that it expires at the end of this month.