It's time to get revved up!!

But if he's so good why is this his 4th team in what will be 7 seasons? Why did Houston and Pats let him walk after only a season ?

I really hate this logic. Eball mentioned fits for a tema and that is part of it, however an added aspect is he came on the cheap to those teams. When he performed and was a fa they couldn't afford to keep him (what happened with the pats* this year). He did get let go from Chicago for what appeared to be lack of production after his big rookie campaign. I don't know what happened with the Texans but 2 of the 3 are explained.

This logic more bothers when there is a player available in fa and posters say if he is good why has no one signed him. Then when he is signed people bemoan the fact that the Bills missed out on him.

If nothing else he provides good/great compliment to Mario. Out pass rush is much improved because he too will draw attention. It made our line much better and difficult to block as the double team decision is that much harder to make.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the part around 2:45 or so where a huge hole opens up in the line and he pops into it and is like, "Whoa, a quarterback! Where'd that come from?"

Seriously, things I got from this:

1. He's fast. The first sack where he gets Sanchez is pretty impressive.

2. He doesn't give up.

3. Tebow has no sense of what's going on around him when he's in the pocket.

Edited by MaineMoxie

I'm friends (begrudgingly) with a Pats* fan (kidding, he's actually a great guy), and the topic of why they let him go came up over the weekend.

His answer was simply: I don't know.

If there was some locker room drama or some off the field shenanigans that would have led to his dismissal, I'm confident my buddy would have known about them...

I really hate this logic. Eball mentioned fits for a tema and that is part of it, however an added aspect is he came on the cheap to those teams. When he performed and was a fa they couldn't afford to keep him (what happened with the pats* this year). He did get let go from Chicago for what appeared to be lack of production after his big rookie campaign. I don't know what happened with the Texans but 2 of the 3 are explained.

This logic more bothers when there is a player available in fa and posters say if he is good why has no one signed him. Then when he is signed people bemoan the fact that the Bills missed out on him.

If nothing else he provides good/great compliment to Mario. Out pass rush is much improved because he too will draw attention. It made our line much better and difficult to block as the double team decision is that much harder to make.

Or worst case scenario, he sucks with us, and the pats* still lost a 10 sack guy

I keep wondering the same thing. Does anyone know the answer?

The prevailing theory, which the game film on him that led Buddy Nix to sign him showed rather clearly was this: He stormed the league as a rookie with double digit sacks but was a one trick pony, tremendous speed, had few moves as a pass rusher and was crappy against the run. Teams found out rather quickly how to slow him down and abused him against his weaknesses, and he didn't handle it well (meaning he was frustrated). He still had high effort but low production.

This led to him being ineffective a couple years, and the Bears not willing to re-sign him after his rookie contract was up. He played for the Texans and started to develop a better game, and as he matured, and learned a few moves, he became a better player. The Pats coaches saw something in him and coached him up, where he became a much better all around player, even against the run, and was MOSTLY a situational pass rusher where he could be most effective.

But late in the season and in the playoffs, he was an every down player and he played very well, both as a rusher and against the run. This prompted the Bills to say after his signing "We think he is an every down player."

The jury is still out on whether he is an every down player. The Bills likely don't need him to be. The long and short of it is, he matured as a player, he was coached better, he is no longer a one trick pony, and he elevated his game to not be so easy to defend.

He should be a very solid player on the Bills because he is likely to be the 4th or even the 5th worry for other teams because of the presence of Mario, Kyle, Marcel, and maybe even Merriman.

I think the most heartening thing about the video is his effectiveness when there's a push in the middle. He's relentless and when the QB can't step up, he makes plays. He could absolutely rake with Meatball and Dareus laying waste to the interior.

The prevailing theory, which the game film on him that led Buddy Nix to sign him showed rather clearly was this: He stormed the league as a rookie with double digit sacks but was a one trick pony, tremendous speed, had few moves as a pass rusher and was crappy against the run. Teams found out rather quickly how to slow him down and abused him against his weaknesses, and he didn't handle it well (meaning he was frustrated). He still had high effort but low production.

This led to him being ineffective a couple years, and the Bears not willing to re-sign him after his rookie contract was up. He played for the Texans and started to develop a better game, and as he matured, and learned a few moves, he became a better player. The Pats coaches saw something in him and coached him up, where he became a much better all around player, even against the run, and was MOSTLY a situational pass rusher where he could be most effective.

But late in the season and in the playoffs, he was an every down player and he played very well, both as a rusher and against the run. This prompted the Bills to say after his signing "We think he is an every down player."

The jury is still out on whether he is an every down player. The Bills likely don't need him to be. The long and short of it is, he matured as a player, he was coached better, he is no longer a one trick pony, and he elevated his game to not be so easy to defend.

He should be a very solid player on the Bills because he is likely to be the 4th or even the 5th worry for other teams because of the presence of Mario, Kyle, Marcel, and maybe even Merriman.

May be Mario Williams helped recruit him...

uh oh. he likes to dance around after a sack. fans are gonna hate him. :rolleyes:

They wont if the Bills are winning. Go back to the Bruce Smith / C Bennett days...

Also, after watching that video, not sure how he even lasted on the Free Agent market. They are constantly saying pass rushers are tough to come by when it comes to free agency. This guy had 11 sacks last year....how did he last and how did the Bills get him??? Gonna be fun to watch him lined up with his new teammates on the D-Line.

STAY HEALTHY BUFFALO

May be Mario Williams helped recruit him...

He didn't really. They both talked about it after the fact, and talked to each other before Anderson signed. They were friends on the Texans but it was really only for about half a season. Anderson said that Mario's signing had little to do with his own signing, although he was glad that Mario was there.

Love that sack/fumble hit on Rivers'. I can't stand that guy.

Got to see the K. Mitchell end zone pick to seal the deal against the Bolts in 2008. Right in front of us in section 119, that was a great game.

The Bills spent a lot of money on Mark Anderson.. Ever wonder why so much?

Go to this site: youtube.com/watch?v=lrR2ydrgxsY&feature=related

Watch the video and look how quick he is... He seems to have two speeds.

One to get pass the first defender and the second to get to the QB

You have to love his determination.. The pressure on the QB... and his ability to get to the QB

The Fans are going to love this guy...

How many sacks can the Bills entire team get this year? MY guess...48 and what is yours?

He may be fast.....but he's no Maybin!! :doh:

I liked this signing since it happened, and the more I see the better.

Seems to have a high motor, and a lot of passion to finish!

If I remember correctly Mario's and his best year were when they were together in Houston.I would like to see that kind of output again.

I think he will be a very nice surprise. Maybe better results than Mario. I'm always scared of the guy getting the huge contract.

gonna have to wait for season, then just sit back and enjoy! :beer:

This is probably my Buffalo Bills insecurity shining through but my thoughts are always these guys were great on other teams and when they suit up for my beloved Bills they will miraculously become very average....this goes for mario williams as well....with that said I am still pumped!

Same for the Sabres :wallbash:

Thank you.