able to have better pitching. ( with the

exception of needing 1 strike 2 times to

win a World Series)

The Bills front office is much improved

and they have proved it by all of these

new contracts. Long story short, the Bills

have spent money and now have good

players on their team too!

Speaking of those Texas Rangers, I've been in Dallas this week for work and went to the game last night. It's a really nice ballpark and the team didn't disappoint either. Beating the D-Backs 9-1 with Colby Lewis taking a perfect game into the 7th.

I'd like both signed, but I agree with the consensus that ATM AL is a must sign guy. We would miss Byrd, but I can see McGee fitting in nicely at FS as he ends his acareer in Blo.

tim-

McGee has maybe 1-2 years left as a CB and then he's done. He will not be moving to FS.

I hope they sign both of them. I do think both positions are important, but would rather see Fitzpatrick have a little more time to throw the ball this year than he did last. Some additional food for thought folks. Right now they are putting Kelsay in with the first string guys. He's counting about $5 million against the cap this year. I've heard some rumblings from some folks back in WNY (I'm in Chicago) that there's rumor that they're doing that simply to save face. There's a suggestion that Kelsay could actually be cut before training camp is over and that it would free up that $5 million cap space to go elsewhere. That coupled with the $7 million or so they still have would be more than ample to ink both Levitre and Byrd for the future. Just trying to be hopeful here!

Speaking of those Texas Rangers, I've been in Dallas this week for work and went to the game last night. It's a really nice ballpark and the team didn't disappoint either. Beating the D-Backs 9-1 with Colby Lewis taking a perfect game into the 7th.

WOW!!! Great!! I had airport duty last

night but kept up on the radio and later

on TV.

Need anything PM me.

I hope they sign both of them. I do think both positions are important, but would rather see Fitzpatrick have a little more time to throw the ball this year than he did last. Some additional food for thought folks. Right now they are putting Kelsay in with the first string guys. He's counting about $5 million against the cap this year. I've heard some rumblings from some folks back in WNY (I'm in Chicago) that there's rumor that they're doing that simply to save face. There's a suggestion that Kelsay could actually be cut before training camp is over and that it would free up that $5 million cap space to go elsewhere. That coupled with the $7 million or so they still have would be more than ample to ink both Levitre and Byrd for the future. Just trying to be hopeful here!

Those rumblings are likely indigestion. Do a little research into quotes by Gailey, Wannstedt, and Nix recently and you'll understand Kelsay isn't going anywhere. He's part of a fantastic (on paper) 4-man rotation at DE for the Bills, and a guy every other coach and player respects immensely.

Additionally, I believe cutting Kelsay would only free up 3.5M -- 1.5M is there regardless, from prorated bonuses.

Kelsay's contract is not as bad as everyone seems to think. Other contracts come off the books every year so they can sign Levitre and Byrd if they choose to do so.

9/29/2010: Signed a five-year, $28.2 million contract. The deal contains $11 million in bonus money. 2012: $3.5 million, 2013: $3.725 million, 2014: $3.745 million, 2015: Free Agent

Amazing, in a thread that has virtually nothing to do with kelsay...We stepped up as Bills fans and managed to get some digs in. Congratulations to you on making up a rumor, telling it to yourself, and then posting in a thread about Levitre. :wallbash:

It's amazing what a real, competent Front Office will do. Been a Bills fan since 1986, and I dont remember the last time it felt like this, with regard to how the team is managed.

Now if we can get it translated into on-field production, it will be a whole new era for us fans.

Cant wait for the season!

We finally have a management and an overall team mindset to be PROACTIVE. This attitude, which they've certainly backed up with dollars, will translate on the field this year, and future years. With a team rising in the W-L columns and a management reputation for "getting it done," Buffalo will attract those FA's which always seemed to choose someone else when it came down to "us or them."

We're in the early stages of a Bull Market on the Buffalo Bills!

Thanks for the scoop! :thumbsup:

I'm with ya, Bill. I think Buddy and Chan know this as well. Their actions in building this team have provided me with a sense of serenity that we won't have to worry about a deal getting done. The Bills are actually in good shape to sign AL, since they don't have a "high dollar" guy at LT currently and won't have to pay that sort of money for at least a couple of years (if Glenn pans out).

While the big contract for the LT is a couple of years away, the Bills would have to take care of Urbik and more importantly Eric Wood next season. Those are going to be some big contracts.

Amazing, in a thread that has virtually nothing to do with kelsay...We stepped up as Bills fans and managed to get some digs in. Congratulations to you on making up a rumor, telling it to yourself, and then posting in a thread about Levitre. :wallbash:

Great point Jeremy. I don't know about anybody else but I live in Buffalo and I haven't heard that rumor at all. Sounds like a bunch of 20 year old idiots that don't know what they are talking about or just smoked too much refer from thier 4 chamber bong last night.

Look, people are pissed off at Kelsey for no reason. Not going to Jack the thread but he's not that bad and he's no longer being overpaid. He's slotted right where his payscale should be for a quality veteran backup. That's what he'll be this year. Splitting time with Mario, Mark, and Shawne. He's versitile and can play multiple positions if needed, line up in either side if needed and if he was placed as a starter because Mario or Mark went down I'd feel alot better than if Batten or Moats was trying tobfill the role. At the end of the day he'll be a quality backup/roleplayer and we should all be fine with that. There I go jacking another thread.

Yes, but this could make it tougher to sign him now and lock him in to a long term deal. I hope that AL is the type to opt for security, because he is clearly one of our best players, and would be extremely hard to replace. Our LT situation isn't etched in stone, and playing next to AL, a talented, experienced, veteran, will make life a lot easier for Hairston and/or Glenn.

Jmo, but AL is a player that the Bills simply cannot afford to lose.

I have to agree with Bill, for years we ignored the line for undersized receivers, running backs and safties/cornerbacks. The penalty for ignoring the line all those years was the non-playoff streak continuing. NOW, as Buddy has built a somewhat reasonable line (I know, Buddy wasn't in charge of the 2009 draft), he deems a new contract for our best o-lineman as the priority here, not a safety first, but the LINE. Build from the inside out to win, I say.

I believe that the Bills are 7 mill under the cap this year, so it would make sense to re-up some guys this year. By getting a player more money this year it could make the future years a little more cap friendly. :thumbsup:

They are way over 7 million under. They are at least by most conservative estimates 12 million over, keep in mind they cut Florence. Also you could cut a guy like D.Edwards if you were really desperate for cap space that would free up about 4 million.

So with 12ish million in cap space I think you can find a way to extend both in season, and there will be a veteran like D.Edwards cut by the end of camp that will insure further cap flexibly.

Also the franchise tag number for a safety is around 6 million. So put the full court press on a guy like Levitre (A offensive lineman's number is about 9.2 million) and at worst put the franchise tag of Byrd if you can't get a deal done with him.

Edited by billsfan89

So, yeah, lets get back to the topic at hand guys and gals. It is great that the front office is making a pre-emptive move to extend Levitre. He is well worth it, and has proven it repeatedly.

Edited by Kevin