Ex-Eagles Pres. Seeking Bills Ownership

For those in the know, hasn't Ralph made it perfectly clear time and time again that he is not selling the team while he is still around?

Unless something has changed in that respect, I would not expect any "news" for quite a while, as Mr. Wilson seems pretty lively and with it for someone pushing 94.

Where is all this talk of "new ownership" coming from? Ralph just made Mario Williams the highest paid player in the NFL.

How weird is that? The highest paid player in football plays for the Buffalo Bills!

Edited by TheFunPolice

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those in the know, hasn't Ralph made it perfectly clear time and time again that he is not selling the team while he is still around?

Unless something has changed in that respect, I would not expect any "news" for quite a while, as Mr. Wilson seems pretty lively and with it for someone pushing 94.

Where is all this talk of "new ownership" coming from? Ralph just made Mario Williams the highest paid player in the NFL.

How weird is that? The highest paid player in football plays for the Buffalo Bills!

I kind of used to think like this but there are multiple posters here that "claim" they have inside information that something is going down pretty much as we speak. Now, they could easily be full of ****. Or they could actually know something. I'm leaning towards knowing something. As for you comment about Ralph being with it that's laughable. Yes, he may be in really good shape for someone of his age, but ANYONE that is over 90 is potentially cheating death on a daily basis. Small colds turn into pnemonia at those ages and pnemonia is a killer at those ages. There's strokes, heart attacks, all sorts of illnesses. To say Ralph is in good shape is reletive and laughable at best.

Ok, so, it's been a week since the potential ownership groups left for Chicago and wanted something "ground up and in the freezer".(An obvious Kelly reference) Not because I'm curious but....I'm curious. It seems there would have been more to report by now. I was kinda hoping managing partner Jim Kelly would be at training camp. Yeah, wishful thinking.But with the offseason the team has had, why not wish big?

Ok, so, it's been a week since the potential ownership groups left for Chicago and wanted something "ground up and in the freezer".(An obvious Kelly reference) Not because I'm curious but....I'm curious. It seems there would have been more to report by now. I was kinda hoping managing partner Jim Kelly would be at training camp. Yeah, wishful thinking.But with the offseason the team has had, why not wish big?

It's been going on for months so there is no date set right now when another update will be available. The wheels have now been in motion for about 8 months now....

Is he the highest paid player or the highest paid defensive player?

Is he the highest paid player or the highest paid defensive player?

I think he is the highest paid player (maybe on a per season basis?)

To my original point: has Ralph changed his mind about selling the team then? That would be quite the surprise.

To my original point: has Ralph changed his mind about selling the team then? That would be quite the surprise.

Don't ask. Our insiders are just scrupulous enough to refrain from giving any kind of firm or new information.

Mr. Wilson seems pretty lively and with it for someone pushing 94.

Can you support this statement by pointing to a recent public appearance? As I recall, last year's opener was the first he's ever missed, and I can't recall the last time he's been seen in public.

How many times will the nfl move a team to la, watch it fail and move again before taking it off of the map?

It's unfortunate They don't do the sale and put the proceeds in trust so Ralph gets some say in his legacy.

Sounds like having a good season and filling the stadium doesn't hurt things.

The NFL loves big markets, and they don't get much bigger than LA. So I don't see the NFL ever giving up on it.

Filling the stadium never hurts. But whatever person or group ends up purchasing the Bills, they know where the team will be located before they even place a bid. And ultimately the fans have no say, full stadium or no full stadium.

Maybe the lack of recent public appearances along with the (apparent) increase in this activity is some indication of Mr. Ralph's health...

Can you support this statement by pointing to a recent public appearance? As I recall, last year's opener was the first he's ever missed, and I can't recall the last time he's been seen in public.

He was at one of the games later in the season.

Maybe the lack of recent public appearances along with the (apparent) increase in this activity is some indication of Mr. Ralph's health...

maybe... Ralph's interview with the Buffalo News when Mario was signed seems to suggest that he is very much with it and mentally sharp... Of course, that does not mean he is a paragon of health (he did break his hip last summer). But other than him having trouble getting around more than before there doesn't seem to be any evidence that he is in ill health.

He was attending every game when he was 92. Then, last summer he fell and broke his hip, but contrary to the norm for someone that age suffering that injury he's not only still around but cracking jokes and discussing the team's off season moves a year later.

My overall point is that Ralph is obviously stronger and healthier than the average 90+ year old. He said numerous times that he is not selling the team while he's still around, and that selling a part of the team was "absolutely out." See this thread for relevant quotes: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/130317-did-ralph-already-grant-toronto-an-option-to-buy/

Unless that has changed (and it could have, of course) I don't see how the Bills are being sold. I don't mean to attack or undermine anyone, it's just that this doesn't all add up.

There must be something going on, given the reputation of posters who are saying so. I just hope that Ralph is doing OK and decided to change his mind about selling.

It's been going on for months so there is no date set right now when another update will be available. The wheels have now been in motion for about 8 months now....

I keep asking, but nothing new to report. I'll keep you (vaguely) posted when I hear something new.

Thanks for the update.

maybe... Ralph's interview with the Buffalo News when Mario was signed seems to suggest that he is very much with it and mentally sharp... Of course, that does not mean he is a paragon of health (he did break his hip last summer). But other than him having trouble getting around more than before there doesn't seem to be any evidence that he is in ill health.

He was attending every game when he was 92. Then, last summer he fell and broke his hip, but contrary to the norm for someone that age suffering that injury he's not only still around but cracking jokes and discussing the team's off season moves a year later.

My overall point is that Ralph is obviously stronger and healthier than the average 90+ year old. He said numerous times that he is not selling the team while he's still around, and that selling a part of the team was "absolutely out." See this thread for relevant quotes: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/130317-did-ralph-already-grant-toronto-an-option-to-buy/

Unless that has changed (and it could have, of course) I don't see how the Bills are being sold. I don't mean to attack or undermine anyone, it's just that this doesn't all add up.

There must be something going on, given the reputation of posters who are saying so. I just hope that Ralph is doing OK and decided to change his mind about selling.

Unless I missed something, I don't think anyone has suggested that the sale of the team, while Ralph is still alive, is imminent. What had been alluded to is that there is a succession plan that keeps the Bills in WNY and as part of the new lease agreement, that plan will become public knowledge.

At one point Kelly was also the highest paid when he signed his 2nd Bills contract.

OJ, too.

GO BILLS!!!

OJ's Birthday is today...He is 65. Imagine if he had "remained" a stand up, likeable guy? You could almost see him wanting involvement in The Bills, ...Wait -forget it he would probably be the first to try to move The Bils out West.