Ex-Eagles Pres. Seeking Bills Ownership

Hey the whole two team thing is working for Jersey ... I mean NYC ;)

No point losing sleep over it while Mr. Wilson still walks on the earth my friend. There is nothing you can do about it anyway (unless you have 800-900 million dollars laying around). :)

Just enjoy this upcoming season!

I second that... :thumbsup:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so, it's been a week since the potential ownership groups left for Chicago and wanted something "ground up and in the freezer".

Have the board elders given you authorization to use that expression?

:nana:

maybe... Ralph's interview with the Buffalo News when Mario was signed seems to suggest that he is very much with it and mentally sharp... Of course, that does not mean he is a paragon of health (he did break his hip last summer). But other than him having trouble getting around more than before there doesn't seem to be any evidence that he is in ill health.

He was attending every game when he was 92. Then, last summer he fell and broke his hip, but contrary to the norm for someone that age suffering that injury he's not only still around but cracking jokes and discussing the team's off season moves a year later.

My overall point is that Ralph is obviously stronger and healthier than the average 90+ year old. He said numerous times that he is not selling the team while he's still around, and that selling a part of the team was "absolutely out." See this thread for relevant quotes: http://forums.twobil...-option-to-buy/

Unless that has changed (and it could have, of course) I don't see how the Bills are being sold. I don't mean to attack or undermine anyone, it's just that this doesn't all add up.

Gosh, FunPolice.

You're becoming a real buzz kill.

:)

"Regardless, the Bills aren't going to California."

Per LaCanfora

Pretty strong words coming from a solid, non-Buffalo source, but I won't believe it until that owner actually emerges after Ralph.

And the Bills are a regional franchise, drawing from a wide geographical swath, much like the Vikings. They aren't going anywhere, except, say, maybe at worst a few hours away. There will be sufficient local ownership options when Ralph Wilson passes, and the NFL believes among Western and Central New York, Southern Ontario and Toronto, there is sufficient support to make it work with a new facility. Rogers Communications in Toronto would surely be interested, and building a world class facility in Canada would make things interesting. Regardless, the Bills aren't going to California.

I don't like the at worst a few hours away, but the rest is encouraging

• 4 weeks later...