Kyle Williams on Sirius NFL radio yesterday

Was driving home yesterday and Kyle was on moving the chains. Here is what I can pull together from memory.

Mentioned he hit more home runs in batting practice than his teammates

Said foot is ahead of schedule. he talked about the bone spur and it had ripped up the Achilles through friction. The doctors told him it is 7-9 if the fix it or a year if he lets it pop, so he and team elected for surgery. He went on to say that it was the same procedure that Merriman had. Mentioned that Merriman said he felt really good as well.

In terms of installation, said they were just one day in, but he is going to play for 3 technique (which means Dareus is on the nose). He said in obvious passing downs we'll play the right side and Dareus the left. Thinks there will be times on passing downs that he and Dareus will both line up next to the center to force the double team inside and free up the ends.

Mentioned Sheppard a bit in terms of hoping for his development to run and hit.

When asked about the draft class he said he barley knows who they drafted, with exception of Brooks from LSU because the have the same agent.

He is disappointed that the Toronto game is a December game as he would rather play outside in bad weather. Stayed on the company line with regards to regionalizing the franchise. Went on to say that he loves playing in Buffalo weather and could never return to the heat of Baton Rouge Louisiana

The line as I read it will be Mario Williams, Kyle Wlliams, Marcel Darius, Mark Anderson (or Kelsay or Merriman)

The opposing TE will have to help out vs Mario Williams a lot and the center will help out vs Kyle Williams or Marcel Darius on a double team depending on the offensive scheme but more likely double team Marcel Darius. mark Anderson should get mostly one on one matchups. Kyle Williams should get a lot of one on ones too. Then there is Merriman coming off the bench.

I don't get how he doesn't know who they drafted either

Yes and no.

Just speculating ...

The Bills went out and got Dareus and him some help along the line.

After that, he may not care who they drafted. His biggest concern has been addressed already.

He doesn't know who we drafted? Strange.

:wallbash: The update from our friends said, "When asked about the draft class he said he barley knows who they drafted, with exception of Brooks from LSU because the have the same agent."

It does not say he didn't know who we drafted ... it was his response to the question about the draft class. After two days of OTA's he "barely (note prior spelling error) knows who they drafted," which I assume means he barely knows how well they play. I am sure he knows who they are.

:wallbash: The update from our friends said, "When asked about the draft class he said he barley knows who they drafted, with exception of Brooks from LSU because the have the same agent."

It does not say he didn't know who we drafted ... it was his response to the question about the draft class. After two days of OTA's he "barely (note prior spelling error) knows who they drafted," which I assume means he barely knows how well they play. I am sure he knows who they are.

I took it that way as well. He knows who the Bills selected, just not them personally or their on-field skillsets.

I took it that way as well. He knows who the Bills selected, just not them personally or their on-field skillsets.

exactly, the question was about Gilmoure directly, he said he didn't know the guys skill sets or what they did in college.

Ross Tucker, around the time of the draft, had a long discussion about how most NFL players don't really pay attention to the draft, unlike what most fans think.

he said they generally only know if someone was drafted at their position,and outside of that,don't worry about it too much.

The line as I read it will be Mario Williams, Kyle Wlliams, Marcel Darius, Mark Anderson (or Kelsay or Merriman)

The opposing TE will have to help out vs Mario Williams a lot and the center will help out vs Kyle Williams or Marcel Darius on a double team depending on the offensive scheme but more likely double team Marcel Darius. mark Anderson should get mostly one on one matchups. Kyle Williams should get a lot of one on ones too. Then there is Merriman coming off the bench.

It looks like to me Darius is bigger then last year. Any news about his conditioning?

Hear that, it's Africa hot down there.

I find KW's remarks about the weather interesting. Now that I think about it one would think that it could actually be better suited to play in colder weather from a player's viewpoint, at least comfort wise.

I find KW's remarks about the weather interesting. Now that I think about it one would think that it could actually be better suited to play in colder weather from a player's viewpoint, at least comfort wise.

Take it from a guy who's played in both Buffalo snow and Orlando summer heat; no comparison. Snow every single time.

Every.

Single.

Time.

wonder how much better dareus will need to play for people to learn how to spell his name.

Maybe if he makes the Pro Bowl we can even capitalize the first letter in his last name... :P

Edited by billsrcursed