Merriman Cleared

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Docs point

we want Shawn to be healthy SO bad.....that if even if he had an extra month of time and it would make a difference we would give it....

This is the thing

You could hear it in Chans voice today in his presser when he was talking about Merriman....he is fed up.....its put up or shut up time......you can either still be a football player or you cant. Chans patience for this whole situation has run out.

I heard it too, but my thought is Chan was thinking, you got cleared on day one of OTA's vs. a day or two sooner and being at the OTAs. I mean did he have a problem getting a doctors appointment? That is what I would be upset about if I were Chan.

I heard it too, but my thought is Chan was thinking, you got cleared on day one of OTA's vs. a day or two sooner and being at the OTAs. I mean did he have a problem getting a doctors appointment? That is what I would be upset about if I were Chan.

Is this post a joke? Do you really believe Merriman -- who has been in Buffalo working out with his teammates -- deliberately delayed a doctor's appointment so he could potentially miss ONE freaking OTA session?

Good grief, please get us to training camp and the season. They can't come fast enough.

I don't want to sound like a Debbie downer here, but he sounded pretty confident last year that he would be back to his old self, only to get put on IR. So I will Billieve it when I see it. Hopefully he shows me a thing or two and puts Sanchez on his rear a few times come week one. :unsure:

He'll only play 15 - 20 downs a game...and I mean that as a good thing.

Get him out there to reek havoc every few downs.

i could easily see him settling into a john abraham type role while he ages. i dont know if he can do more snaps than that, but if healthy he could be productive even in a role thats short on reps out there.

Didn't we go through this garbage last year?

Different kind of garbage entirely this year. He should have had the surgery on his achilles much sooner. Probably when the Bills first picked him up on waivers. But he chose not to as it was a medical option. Now that he's had it properly treated it stands to reason that, from a health perspective, he's in his best shape since before the 2008 season.

GO BILLS!!!

Based in your expert medical opinion? Or just in depth knowledge of his current condition?

Docs say he's good, let him run with the team.

The docs have cleared him each season here. And each season he was reinjured and IR--ther first season on his first day of practice. It would be wise to reserve justice.

Technically, he did make it past pre-season last year. Sure it was only five games, but he was our best defender during that time.

Shawne Merriman. Comeback Player of the Year. Get used to it.

GO BILLS!!!

I hope your right! I like the idea of using him in a rotation. He appears somewhat fragile, and using him 1/3rd of the time will keep him fresh. Plus, having Anderson and Kelsy on the rotation you're not loosing much w/ that.

Didn't we go through this garbage last year?

It seems there is a denial of one fact here in this forum. The dude was a roid freak and hasn't done crap in 5 years.

I'm no doctor of medicine but I think that is in play here. I could care less about how he feels today and his operation.

he has been useless and he is still in his prime. Coincidence? He digs being wrote up on TMZ about the latest chick he banged

as much as NFL football. Good luck Shawn, this could be your last significant payday.

It seems there is a denial of one fact here in this forum. The dude was a roid freak and hasn't done crap in 5 years.

I'm no doctor of medicine but I think that is in play here. I could care less about how he feels today and his operation.

he has been useless and he is still in his prime. Coincidence? He digs being wrote up on TMZ about the latest chick he banged

as much as NFL football. Good luck Shawn, this could be your last significant payday.

Well, the issue is he played well post roids and pre-Achilles

I don't want to sound like a Debbie downer here, but he sounded pretty confident last year that he would be back to his old self, only to get put on IR. So I will Billieve it when I see it. Hopefully he shows me a thing or two and puts Sanchez on his rear a few times come week one. :unsure:

Again, the biggest difference between this year and last is that this year he actually had the achilles issued repaired. Last year it wasn't fixed. It was just rehabbed.

Well, the issue is he played well post roids and pre-Achilles

Thats part of my argument. Again, many sports have roided up ex and current players.

I'm going to go out on limb and say masking is still very much in play in certain sports.

I also think the NFL is not "state of the art" when it comes to this stuff. Just a feeling.

Could his Achilles, be due to roids? Could the outrageous rehab then operation be due to steroid abuse?

We don't know and I am far from a expert. Merriman isn't the first guy to be thrown in the roid dumpster. With injury after injury.

Someone says he had his best 2 years after he was busted. Says who? The NFL drug testers? I believe nothing after

the Barry bonds, etc. nightmare that ruined a sport for over a decade. Steroid injections for injuries for back injuries, etc.

can turn muscle tissue into mush making operating impossible to the damage heals. That is a long process. Is this Merrimans issue? Who knows.

Thats part of my argument. Again, many sports have roided up ex and current players.

I'm going to go out on limb and say masking is still very much in play in certain sports.

I also think the NFL is not "state of the art" when it comes to this stuff. Just a feeling.

Could his Achilles, be due to roids? Could the outrageous rehab then operation be due to steroid abuse?

We don't know and I am far from a expert. Merriman isn't the first guy to be thrown in the roid dumpster. With injury after injury.

Someone says he had his best 2 years after he was busted. Says who? The NFL drug testers? I believe nothing after

the Barry bonds, etc. nightmare that ruined a sport for over a decade. Steroid injections for injuries for back injuries, etc.

can turn muscle tissue into mush making operating impossible to the damage heals. That is a long process. Is this Merrimans issue? Who knows.

His one and only failed drug test came in the summer of '06. He hasn't failed one since. He made All Pro in both 2006/07, the best two seasons in his career. He first injured his achilles while rushing his comeback for an unrelated PCL and LCL ligament problem in his knee. So my question is, when an athlete comes off of steroids, does it take two years for the subsequent health issues to manifest?

I can understand your cynicism when it comes to the integrity of the NFL's substance abuse policies but Merriman's injuries are the type that can occur to any athlete, whether he uses steroids or not.

GO BILLS!!!

No offense, but I'll wait to hear that Merriman is cleared from Pat Moran.

GO BILLS!!!

OK, this is my last negative Pat Moran reference, as everyone deserves to have his mistakes forgiven after a year...

If Merriman isn't healthy, may someone run over Moran's...

Can't even say it. How can anyone say you can run over my kid if I'm wrong? :bag:

How can anyone buy Merriman's stock at this point? I find it amusing just how many people are still hanging onto his preseason performances from last season. I won't be drinking that Kool-Aid until I see him actually make it through the bye week. Until then I refuse to believe he's any better than the other LBs on the roster.