Sunday Ticket

I have been with DirecTV for 13 years and I feel the service is fantastic and I am a VP of Customer Service with another company. The call takers are courteous and always thank me for my loyalty.

I just renewed the NFL package and then was offered a position in Syracuse so the family and I may be moving if I accept. Am I remembering correctly that the NFL started to include Syracuse in the blackout area? If so I will try to keep the billing address as my Albany address.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur.

They're the only outfit that will bargain with you too. I'm going to call about my regular bill this week, and I'm sure they'll knock $15-$20 off of it for a year.

There is pretty much no price too high for me for Sunday Ticket. That said, I'll call later this summer, do the song and dance, and get it for 1/2 off.

Actually, directv has another major advantage....I am now a snowbird, and am out of town about 4 months a year...I can SUSPEND directv service twice a year, and no charges accrue during that period. Now, I don't think the WNY cable folks offer that, and, for me, it reduces the cost of directv by about 1/3 every year.

I had Charter Cable and it sucked. I live in ATlanta and there customer service is horrible and i'm glad to be with Direct tv. GUYS DISH SUCKS DON'T GET THAT. i love the golf and tennis( especially the tennis extra channels). I called up last week and got the sports channels for free and an extra $10 off plus I called in Jan and got another $10 off so basically I get $20 off. Plus early this year got free movie dollars so, I LOVE DIRECT TV AND NEVER GOING TO CABLE AGAIN. IN MY eyes cable needs to fold as a enity all of them suck. They don't have enough hd channals. Direct tv has twice as many and they are fighting the NFL network which is probably the best network on tv.

Anytime you have an issues with them, one thing you can do is call and complain and you usually can get a couple free months of movie channels

Oh, believe me, I was on the phone complaining to them every 30 minutes for the rest of the day when the service tech didn't show up (i.e., 5-10 calls each time). It's all how you value your time. Personally, I don't care if they give me $60 worth of crap when they screw up and I have to waste an entire day (usually of limited vacation or weekend time) waiting for them. If they want add a zero, then we can start to talk.....

This thread is about the Sunday ticket and what other options there are for it not how good or bad DTV is

If they keep the ordering process through the PS3 the same this year you will be able to order it if you decide to cancel DTV. The system asks you if you can get DTV at your house, answer no and continue with your order

DTV is available in my area but I can no longer get their signal due to my neighbors trees.

Edited by Max997

I had Charter Cable and it sucked. I live in ATlanta and there customer service is horrible and i'm glad to be with Direct tv. GUYS DISH SUCKS DON'T GET THAT. i love the golf and tennis( especially the tennis extra channels). I called up last week and got the sports channels for free and an extra $10 off plus I called in Jan and got another $10 off so basically I get $20 off. Plus early this year got free movie dollars so, I LOVE DIRECT TV AND NEVER GOING TO CABLE AGAIN. IN MY eyes cable needs to fold as a enity all of them suck. They don't have enough hd channals. Direct tv has twice as many and they are fighting the NFL network which is probably the best network on tv.

Time Warner has a ton of HD channels...about 225...how many more would you need?

I

There is pretty much no price too high for me for Sunday Ticket. That said, I'll call later this summer, do the song and dance, and get it for 1/2 off.

Three bills is cheap for 16 games plus all the other amenities.

Why are you going to be a dick and call for a discount. Cheap Ass...... :thumbdown:

Going to a game here in Philly will run over 250 for good seats and others fees. FOR 1 GAME.

I have been with DirecTV for 13 years and I feel the service is fantastic and I am a VP of Customer Service with another company. The call takers are courteous and always thank me for my loyalty.

I just renewed the NFL package and then was offered a position in Syracuse so the family and I may be moving if I accept. Am I remembering correctly that the NFL started to include Syracuse in the blackout area? If so I will try to keep the billing address as my Albany address.

Syracuse has ALWAYS been included in the NFL blackout rule. What has changed is that the Utica/Rome area also has NBC, ABC, and FOX affiliates and those signals are receivable in eastern Syracuse, but when CBS took over the AFC broadcast rights the only CBS affiliate is located in Syracuse and so now the entire region is blocked out. The worst part of this is that the small piece of land that falls within the 75mi radius is a cow pasture without even a single house to receive the signal.

So yes, do keep your billing address in the Albany area!

I love DTV. I never had a problem and have found their customer service to be great. I have had DTV since their second year, and they hav always worked with me on price and credits.

Three bills is cheap for 16 games plus all the other amenities.

Why are you going to be a dick and call for a discount. Cheap Ass...... :thumbdown:

Going to a game here in Philly will run over 250 for good seats and others fees. FOR 1 GAME.

As long as we're critiquing each others behavior, what do you care what he does as far as talking them down from their price?

One could just as validly say that you're acting stupidly for not doing so.

It's down to $199 a season

That breaks down to $12.00 a week over 17 weeks.

and yet you still want more for less. Good Luck

Out of towners like so many rochesterians during a blackout ... Go to a sports bar . .

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I read somewhere that they lowered the cost by about 40% this year. Last season was the first time I ever called and tried to bargain over the Sunday Ticket. They gave me so many discounts off my bill I can't even remember all of them. They gave me something like $20 off my bill for a year, another section of Directv game me $25 a month for 6 months, the Super Fan package for free, discounted the ticket itself, and gave me a new DVR with free installation for my daughters room. Their goal was to not let you get to the Sunday Ticket section and they would give you discount after discount to try to stop you from getting there. I was just persistent after all the discounts, that I still wanted to talk to them and got even more deals. Haven't decided if I am going to try again this year with the lowered price. The price was getting so steep prior to this year, and coupled with sunday after sunday of disappointments from the Bills, I really considered dropping it, but I have gotten used to it. For $200 bucks a season, it really is a good deal in my opinion. I used to spend more then that going to sports bars every weekend and eating, drinking and gas money. Now I sit at home in comfort and watch.

Edited by BuffBill

I had DTV and the Sunday ticket for 12 years. Cancelled everything it when the ticket hit $300. They pretty much begged me to stay, but I had already subcribed to U-verse by then. Big mistake BTW. As was Dish. Now I have no pay TV per say. I just have my TV hooked up to my computer (HDMI) and an antenna for local channels. I can watch anything usually in HD somewhere on the net. I stream the Bills games, but they are grainy and sometimes the sites are shut down, but you can always find another. But it must be good enough because my entire family comes to my house on Sundays and watches the games with me.

So the value is unbeatable (if you already have a fast internet connection) but the quality is average at best.

Now if I can just get everyone else to join in with me for a while the cable and sat companies will really have to reduce their rates. Power to the people!

Up next the oil companies. :rolleyes:

I like DirecTV also but be aware the $199 fee does not include the 30 minutes shorts replays and The Red Zone Channel which I believe is the best channel ever created.

So they cutout the redzone channel with this new discounted price?? I knew there had to be a catch. It might be worth making the phone call to see about getting the Max package for the regular package price. I really enjoy the redzone channel during commercials or halftime of the game I’m watching but can’t justify paying an extra $100 for it.

I’ve had DTV since 2004 and have been for the most part happy with it. Some of the installers are very knowledgeable but some are complete idiots so you have to keep an eye on them as they’re working to be sure they don’t drill a hole someplace that you don’t want them to. Getting the package is the only reason I started with them. I figured that my wife and I easily spent $50/week at the bar on beer and food while watching the games. After spending about $800/year, it made getting the package look like a steal.

Another poster mentioned losing the signal, which is always a possibility with a dish when it storms. Mine doesn’t go out very often but I’ve found that when it does, the HD signal will go out before the non-HD signal does, if the non-HD signal goes out at all. To me, it’s been worth it to keep the old non-HD TV and box in our bedroom rather than upgrading so when the HD in my living room is out, I can just go upstairs and continue watching. I can really only remember a few times that I’ve lost the signal on a non-HD TV. I live in SC so I don’t have to really worry about snow.

I stream the Bills games, but they are grainy and sometimes the sites are shut down, but you can always find another. But it must be good enough because my entire family comes to my house on Sundays and watches the games with me.

Wow - if I lost my signal during a game I'd be having a heart attack. Not sure I'd have the composure to surf and track down another stream.

Be careful what you wish for. DirectTV is so much better than any Time Warner product, I'm glad I have it. In Rochester, Time Warner is our only cable option. And that's unfortunate because TW is overpriced and sucks.

I know its a little early, but i just got off the phone with Directv and there god awful customer service. Just wondering if there is way us out of towners can catch all the Bills games without DirectTv? Is there a reliable live stream that might be cheaper? The only reason I keep Directv is for the Sunday Ticket and would love to be able to cancel their service.