IF there is a Hard Knock, OBD should say "NO"

If the Bills were asked by HBO to be this years Hard Knocks team, they should say no. By my best recollection the Seahawks, Jets, Falcons, and now Redskins have said 'no.'

My reasons:

1. a huge distraction

2. Belichick provided with legal film

3. They would be the 5th or 6th team to be asked

Any other reasons?

I think distraction is the biggest reason. Even though I think the Bills should obviously turn down the show if offered I still think it would be great to see more of the players and coaches personalities.

I guess I will just have to rely on bb.com and the buffalo news headlines to get this info.

It will never happen because Ralph would never let it happen. It is not their style. Our locker room is tight and Chan wants to keep it that way. Just look at the attention getting persona of the Jets, and then what happened when things were tough last year. They imploded. The Bills on the other hand when all was lost spanked the Broncos, and showed heart. Hard Knocks is not good for a football team especially when they are trying to build something.

This is one strength of the Bills.

Buddy has already said no. I would ;ike to see it but no chance it happens

Yep. I remember hearing or reading the same thing either on WGR or live chat at Buff News web site. Matter of fact, it was a pretty emphatic NO.

Yeah. We're not a large market team with a national following, so the Bills will never get a whiff at anything like that kind of programming...

Neither was Cincy. But I agree, it would be awesome to watch, but not worth it for the team.

My reasons:

1. a huge distraction

2. Belichick provided with legal film

3. They would be the 5th or 6th team to be asked

Any other reasons?

4. we will lose the moral high ground when complaining that there's little to no national attention paid to the bills.

Edited by Dirtbag

Yeah. We're not a large market team with a national following, so the Bills will never get a whiff at anything like that kind of programming...

in this case, i dont think theyd be the first choice but a show like this will get viewers across fanbases simply because its a unique once a year inside look into an nfl franchise and you get what they offer not a variety of teams to choose from. people tune into the nfl in huge numbers and this wouldnt be like a weekend slate of games where someone choses 1, or 2, or 3 to tune into, and can skip a few that hes not into

The show is always good, always entertaining. I vote Yes, I for one would love to watch the Bills on Hard Knocks.

With today's technology Belicheck already has cameras planted all throughout the AFC east. Not worried about the insider secrets like running and passing and defense.

I heard Buddy say no during a WGR interview as well. Fine with me.

PTR

Somewhere on WGR. Dont have time to look now but feel free to look

IIRC Buddy was also asked this question on his pre-draft live chat with fans. He left no wiggle room; he's not interested.

in this case, i dont think theyd be the first choice but a show like this will get viewers across fanbases simply because its a unique once a year inside look into an nfl franchise and you get what they offer not a variety of teams to choose from.

Try selling that argument to advertisers. :beer:

Try selling that argument to advertisers. :beer:

It has been done. Like I said, obviously a big name is preferred with anything, but this show cuts across team boundaries and is about personality in a lot of fans cases. Joe saints fan, or bill packers fan will tune in to see fun guys and an nfl teams inner workings, even if it's not his own.

Buffalo has juuuust enough quirky guys (Harvard qb with beard and ring, Stevie, Big signing in Mario, team on the cusp) that they would probably be pretty middle of the pack as a priority.

I'd almost argue characters to be on par with fanbase, though tv producers can create some drama and personality on any roster.

Edited by NoSaint

Chan and Buddy know that sort of distraction is the last thing a young developing team needs. Especially for a guy like Steve Johnson. Here is Chan telling him to knock off with the stunts while TV cameras are following his every move. Like having someone on a diet work at a Krispy Kreme.

PTR

It has been done. Like I said, obviously a big name is preferred with anything, but this show cuts across team boundaries and is about personality in a lot of fans cases. Joe saints fan, or bill packers fan will tune in to see fun guys and an nfl teams inner workings, even if it's not his own.

Buffalo has juuuust enough quirky guys (Harvard qb with beard and ring, Stevie, Big signing in Mario, team on the cusp) that they would probably be pretty middle of the pack as a priority.

I'd almost argue characters to be on par with fanbase, though tv producers can create some drama and personality on any roster.

Not only can they create drama for the show, there's ALREADY drama. Playing professional football is not only these guys dreams, it's their livelyhood. They care deeply, and there's always some young kid trying to take the spot of an older guy. That's drama, and it's interesting (to me & many other sports fans).