Van Miller

As we all know, Van Miller was the voice of the Buffalo Bills. All of the flashbacks and highlights of the 80's and 90's are best seen and heard when you can hear Van Miller calling the game. Many of us have the fondest of memories while listening to him call the game, and to me, hearing his voice reminds me of the "Glory Years." Really, who doesn't get chills hearing Van Miller get excited?

Buffalo has been blessed to have people like Rick Jeanerette and Van Miller be the voice of our sports teams. But unlike Rick Jeanerette, the voice of the Buffalo Sabres, when you google search or youtube Buffalo Bills or Van Miller, you can't really find any highlight films or tributes. I'm thinking of making a montage of the best highlights and moments of Van Miller. We should have a topic where we post videos or even audio of any Van Miller calls or highlights of any Buffalo Bills games/videos including him. Good idea?

Good idea?

Wonderful idea!

It willl be fandemonium agin this year. I will think back fondly on Van Miller when in week 17 we bring down the goal posts after beating the Jets at home eliminating them from playoff contention and securing at least a home game in the playoffs for this season.

Wonderful idea!

It willl be fandemonium agin this year. I will think back fondly on Van Miller when in week 17 we bring down the goal posts after beating the Jets at home eliminating them from playoff contention and securing at least a home game in the playoffs for this season.

+1

I have nothing to contribute but when you get a package together I will definately "strap on my seatbelt".

A+ response!

Good idea. If you can somehow manage to overlay it to the techno version of the Braveheart theme song than you'd get bonus points.

All kidding aside the great comeback game January '93 might be the greatest game called, on par with Al Michaels '80 US hockey over Russia. It is the stuff of legend.

I remember Van driving his moped in the early to mid 70's past our house before the 6 O'clock newscast and then returning after the show. He knew my Dad from Niagara basketball and early Bills stuff enough to wave to us as he buzzed by at 7:15 or so on his way home.

Back when the games were not televised, we would listen to him and feel the same excitement or in the bad years the utter dismay as he would comment on a fumble or interception that closed out a game. My Dad would put the tv on mute and place the radio next to the chair when watching games on TV because he would rather hear Van than "those idiots that know nothing about our team".

Obviously your biggest challenge is that Van was a radio-only voice. That makes finding him on youtube difficult. You'll get alot of his call of The Comeback from various repackages of that particular game. Nowadays NFL films uses alot of radio calls in its hilight packages but didn't so much back when Van was actively calling games.

1336481589[/url]' post='2460823']

Was, is, and forever shall be.

Well, there was that era when Azar & Meltzer did PBP. Unfortunately, it was during OJ's best seasons and it's all over NFL Films. But It's likely the OP doesn't know this or the AFL Championships Van called either. Also, he likely doesn't know RG was a distant 2nd fiddle to Ted Darling.

Before embarking on this project, OP, please do due diligence to capture Van's entire broadcast spectrum. Otherwise, it'll just be a Period Piece.

As we all know, Van Miller was the voice of the Buffalo Bills. All of the flashbacks and highlights of the 80's and 90's are best seen and heard when you can hear Van Miller calling the game. Many of us have the fondest of memories while listening to him call the game, and to me, hearing his voice reminds me of the "Glory Years." Really, who doesn't get chills hearing Van Miller get excited?

Buffalo has been blessed to have people like Rick Jeanerette and Van Miller be the voice of our sports teams. But unlike Rick Jeanerette, the voice of the Buffalo Sabres, when you google search or youtube Buffalo Bills or Van Miller, you can't really find any highlight films or tributes. I'm thinking of making a montage of the best highlights and moments of Van Miller. We should have a topic where we post videos or even audio of any Van Miller calls or highlights of any Buffalo Bills games/videos including him. Good idea?

Rick Jeanerette may be the voice of the Sabres now (& this will give away my age) but NO body called a Sabres game like Ted Darling back in the days of "The French Connection" Gilbert , Rene , & Rick !! AH yes those were the days Schonfeld , Krogier man good teams !!!!

We need a montage of Miller & Darling !! :worthy:

Edited by T master