UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

All it boils down to is this.

If Fitz goes down who would you rather see under center? Young or Thigpen? If your answer is Thigpen then you have a legitimate reason to be upset. If your answer is Young then stop complaining. I like the move and IMO he can be used on Wildcat as good if not better than Brad Smith. Young can actually throw a good ball on the run...

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I give Nix credit for continuing to work to upgrade the team at all positions. Is VY a risky addition? Not any more than having Thigpen as your backup qb. Not playing Thigpin when Fitz was hurt and the team was in a major second half descent tells you how much confidence the HC had in Thigpen. The front office has done a terrific job in improving the team this offseason. Without a reasonable backup qb option the front office was taking a big risk of wasting that effort without a viable option if Fitz got hurt.

Edited by JohnC

If you were asked in January, would you trade Demetrius Bell to the Philadelphia Eagles for Vince Young how many of you would have jumped all over that deal?

In essence, the Eagles received a LT whose ailments may prevent him from ever playing a full season and the Bills received a former Pro-Bowl quality quarterback who has won the big game (BCS Bowl)!

Living in Eagles Country, I watched some of Young's personal issues rise up again last season but his main problem was calling the Eagles 'The Dream Team,' which ticked off Andy Reid and led to a lot of comments from the public and teammates.

To me he gives us a quality #2 quarterback if Fitz gets hurt but also a defense-challenging Wild Cat quarterback who can get those short yards that Brad Smith gets running but who can also step back and throw the ball to a streaking speed receiver like Graham, which is something Smith can't do.

I think Chan is the type of coach who will be able to keep Young's personal issues under wraps and this one year contract is good for both sides!

The Bills signed a potential backup QB that was a backup QB this past season. If they signed a starting QB from this past season, there may be reason for concern (see NYJ). But he’s coming in with expectations of competing for the backup QB position. So what’s the big deal?

If VY makes the final roster, the top 3 draft picks from the 2006 draft will be on the same field when we play Miami. As well as the Bills 2 first round picks of that year gone...

Edited by ricojes

The one thing that stuck with me when Chan was answering questions about the Tebow signing and the state of the "wildcat" formation in the NFL was this reply: "In this league, you have to have two of these type of players on your roster."

He was mainly referring to injuries and how wildcat players tend to get banged up pretty good... but read into this anyway you want, but I can see him using both Young AND Smith on the field together for certain plays. It might be a gimmick, but is there anyone here that wouldn't get at least a little bit excited seeing that on game day?

I thiink this is a great move. I'd love to see what Chan and company can do with someone with his talent. I'm sure that a winning environment will do wonders for VY's focus and drive. I also like some of the other QBs that we brought into camp and I still like Levi Brown.

Super Bowl - here we come!