UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He at least has "a body of work" and experience. I'm not saying his body of work is great but hes started a lot more games than Thigpen. They maybe thinking we're gearing up to make some noise, we have some pieces in place - what if Fitz gets hurt? I dont think Thigpen impressed anyone in preseason last year maybe they're looking for an upgrade......

Can we put Fitzy's Brain into VY's body?

No thanks. That's a bit too much thinking for a QB.

How about HALF of Fitz's brain. You know, -to go with the other half in V. Young's head.

Dear Buddy,

I have been a fan and a season ticket holder since 1987. My passion for this team has never wavered. I became a Buffalo Bills fan after years of growing up as a Giant fan. In 1987, I moved to Buffalo and needed to root for a team I thought I could more identify with. At that time Ronnie Harmon had dropped the pass that would have changed the Buffalo Bills franchise around and in spite of that I saw great things happening for the Bills so I made the commitment emotionally and financially. I am saying this with all honesty. If you sign Vince Young I will take my business else were. That is a promise.

Same goes for me! I can never forgive him for what he did to those dogs!

If you completely ignore locker room chemistry, then sure. The guy is a headcase and a petulant whiner.

I agree. Young's problem wasn't so much lack of talent. It was more lack of a work ethic and positive, productive mindset.

Maybe Vince has been doing a lot of Zen meditation and psychotherapy these last couple years and has pulled his head out of his anus finally. No harm in Nix and Gailey doing some due diligence to find out.

Because his winning % is twice of fitz. I think young should be our backup, if signed, but his upside is higher than fitz IMO. At least he's had success winning in the nfl. would be a smart addition in my eyes, he can't be much worse than thigpen.

Winning%? Trent friffin dilfer had a good winning percentage with the ravens. Young's winning percentage may have something to do with the Titans defense.

If he's coming in to be the backup, what's the harm? What kind of serious damage can he do? I, for one, see a LOT of team chemistry building. Everybody seems to be on the same page. VY gets on that page or there's the door. Same goes for everyone else on the roster. Chan and Buddy run a pretty tight ship.

Aside from making a bonehead remark about being "The Dream Team" last year, what has he really done to deserve such a cancer label? He made some mistakes in Tennessee, but he seems to have learned from them.

I see far more upside and insurance in a move like this then I do pessimism. Low risk, potential high reward.

We're not asking him to be the face of the franchise here people. We're just asking him to be an upgrade to Tyler Thigpen. Relax.

If he's coming in to be the backup, what's the harm? What kind of serious damage can he do? I, for one, see a LOT of team chemistry building. Everybody seems to be on the same page. VY gets on that page or there's the door. Same goes for everyone else on the roster. Chan and Buddy run a pretty tight ship.

Aside from making a bonehead remark about being "The Dream Team" last year, what has he really done to deserve such a cancer label? He made some mistakes in Tennessee, but he seems to have learned from them.

I see far more upside and insurance in a move like this then I do pessimism. Low risk, potential high reward.

We're not asking him to be the face of the franchise here people. We're just asking him to be an upgrade to Tyler Thigpen. Relax.

Exactly. Why bring him in and risk screwing up this. Pro athletes are extremely competietive so he's not just going to come in and take the proverbial backseat w/o a fight.

As for his behavior, he was a notorious partier w/ some fights at clubs to his credit. I also remember some very douchy photos of him at clubs w/ his shirt off. He also was known as a guy who was last in and first out.

Also, he is a one-read type of QB that doesn't go through all of his progressions before he takes off and runs.

Lastly, he WANTS to start. Sure, he'll probably say all the right things to get through the door, but after he's in he's going for the starting gig.

The question here really shouldn't be Young vs. Thigpen. We have to evaluate Young on his own merits. A Young vs. Thigpen comparison- sure, Young beats Thigpen out. But, Young is not the only option, and his abilities compared to Thigpen's are not the only concern. Young brings with him a whole raft of issues that we do not currently have to deal with. The question is: do we want to deal with them and what is best for the team. Thigpen's veteran status and journeyman ethics serve a purpose in Buffalo and have value. The potential for the back-up to undermine the starter is non-existant with Thigpen. Young has never struck me as a "team player." Hell, he pushed his own coach under the bus in Tennessee. What kind of allegiance will he have to the Bills? Chemistry matters.

I haven't verified the list below, but if these are the available FA QBs, I'd have to say Vince Young is the best available. You can make a case for Kyle Boller but that's about it. The follow up question: is VY better than Thigpen? I hope so and trust that mgt. will be able to figure that out.

List of available FA QBs:

Quarterbacks:

Max Hall – ARI

Jake Delhomme - HOU

Luke McCown – JAC

Tyler Palko – KC

J.P. Losman – MIA

Donovan McNabb – MIN

Mark Brunell – NYJ

Kevin O’Connell – NYJ ®

Kyle Boller – OAK

Vince Young – PHI