amazing - Nix and states that lost the Civil War

In the past two drafts, the Bills have drafted 13 players. All went to southern schools. In three Nix drafts, 19 of the 22 players chosen went to southern schools, and of the 3 non-Southern players drafted in 09 (out of 9 total), all were late round picks. In 3 years of day 1 picks, 9 out of 9 choices went to southern schools.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Nix to his scouts: "Fellas, this is the Mason-Dixon line. If you cross North of it to scout, y'all will just have find a new place of employment." Then takes another pull of his bourbon.

Seriously, if the Falcons' GM job ever opens up, how quick would Nix be out of here. A lot of people from the north move south. Buddy is trying to bring them back.

In the past two drafts, the Bills have drafted 13 players. All went to southern schools. In three Nix drafts, 19 of the 22 players chosen went to southern schools, and of the 3 non-Southern players drafted in 09 (out of 9 total), all were late round picks. In 3 years of day 1 picks, 9 out of 9 choices went to southern schools.

It's kinda staggering and I was researching this when you posted it. I wonder what those scouts outside the south think of their work when they simply don't choose players outside the SEC/ACC South states. 19 out of 22 picks with 9 of 9 of their premium picks is a heckuva trend to analyze.

Haha. Nix to his scouts: "Fellas, this is the Mason-Dixon line. If you cross North of it to scout, y'all will just have find a new place of employment." Then takes another pull of his bourbon.

Seriously, if the Falcons' GM job ever opens up, how quick would Nix be out of here. A lot of people from the north move south. Buddy is trying to bring them back.

Nix interviewed for the Atlanta GM job, and Arthur Blank hired Thomas Dimitroff.

It's kinda staggering and I was researching this when you posted it. I wonder what those scouts outside the south think of their work when they simply don't choose players outside the SEC/ACC South states. 19 out of 22 picks with 9 of 9 of their premium picks is a heckuva trend to analyze.

I guess the OSU - OBD connection is finally dead.

SEC, arguably the best conference in the NCAA Football. You go where the players are.

:thumbsup: You said it... The SEC is always at the top in recruiting too and have dominated the BCS Championship. As a native southerner myself, I can tell you football is a religion down there. Never seen rivalries like I've seen in the SEC. Nix and Gailey are from Alabama and Georgia too.. It makes a lot of sense that they pick mostly southern school prospects.

Remember all of this in future draft projections and mock drafts... Narrow your research down to southern schools and you'll probably predict Buffalo's selections. As long as Nix and Gailey are there anyway..

SEC, arguably the best conference in the NCAA Football. You go where the players are.

Arguably? They've won the last umpteen national championships. In fact, last year they had both teams in the NCG. Whoever would argue with this is an idiot.