amazing - Nix and states that lost the Civil War

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He just has to draft players that he and Chan can talk to without any of them thinking anyone's got an accent.

LOL!

Is Whaley the odd man out or does he have a southern accent too?

I heard he's hired a dialect coach… good career move.

Great. Now I can't get Daisy Dukes shorts out of my mind.

That's alright… the Bills have 2 picks in the 5th also. You'll get it back on track.

They play some decent football up north too.

Where?

Why does this upset some of you guys so much? Who cares where the player comes from? Appealing to the fan base based on Geography, in my opinion, got us picks like Maybin.

It doesn't upset me, but it troubles me. I've had the sense that the scouting has been kind of lazy. They just go after guys they know (colleges where Nix and Gailey have connections, guys Gailey coached in the North-South game, region that Nix used to scout, etc.). Might be fine; might also be too narrow a view of scouting.

I know what your concern is but take the Ron Brooks pick for instance.

The guy played behind the best cornerback in this year's draft (Claiborne), the best cornerback in last year's draft (Peterson), and two players who are projected to go in the first round next year.

Brooks excelled every time he played and in a program like LSU, their reserves are often times as good and better than starters in other programs.

Arguably counter to your concerns, the extreme focus on the SEC will yield hidden gems like Brooks… a guy who had he had the fortune to be the starter in this talented group, might himself have been a high draft pick.

In the past two drafts, the Bills have drafted 13 players. All went to southern schools. In three Nix drafts, 19 of the 22 players chosen went to southern schools, and of the 3 non-Southern players drafted in 09 (out of 9 total), all were late round picks. In 3 years of day 1 picks, 9 out of 9 choices went to southern schools.

Why is this amazing? It's the same reason Al Capone said he robbed banks.

Marcus Easley from UConn, Batten from S Dakota St and Kyle Calloway from Iowa. That it for the northern aggressors.

[/quote}

You missed the trend!!!!! Easley was from "Southern" Connecuit, Batten was from "South" Dakota and Calloway was from "Southern" Iowa. A true conspiracy is being implemented. Beware all y'all yankees.