RD 4, Pick #105: LB Nigel Bradham - FSU

SDS

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think that Nix takes BPA? We had four clear needs and picked one player at each of them. I still contend there is really no such thing as BPA.

The guy looks like a killer. No fourth rounder would be expected to start. We need a back-up on the outside and the guy seems to have a lot of talent. I still like this draft a lot.

Did you happen to see the Broyles or LaMichael James picks? :P

The counterargument to that being, you need the best players you can get.

Those who believe that NFL teams don't go by BPA are being willfully ignorant. There are multiple examples of NFL personnel stating that they go by BPA directly.

Agree, best players at positions of need. Not always 100% true but usually.

Problem is you don't know what you will need a year from now when these guys will play extensively. If your filling Immediate holes here, you have major issues to begin with.

Agree, best players at positions of need. Not always 100% true but usually.

So if you have Ray Lewis, you pass over Patrick Willis because it's not a need? Absolutely not. BPA regardless of need. That is how great teams conduct their drafts. The Patriots have taken a QB multiple times over the past 10 years, even though they have had Brady. It's BPA.

Snippet from WalterFootball: "4/25/12: Bradham played well in 2011, becoming the first Seminole since Marvin Jones to lead the team in tackles for three straight seasons. Bradham had 86 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks, three passes broken up, two interceptions and a forced fumble this year. He played well against Miami and Oklahoma.

Bradham is fast and physical, but his awareness and instincts can be off at times. He played well at the Senior Bowl and had an excellent Combine. Bradham blazed a fast 40 time did reasonably well in the field drills."

Led FSU in tackles for 3 years. Speaks volumes about this kid.

Screwed by a bad call on that one. He'll fit in with the Bills perfectly. :D

Might want to avoid going over the middle on us now:

youtube.com/watch?v=MGYwJaqIzLU

Looked clean to me.....

Needs to get bigger. Great depth for our LBs though and love the experience/school he comes from. Love the way we draft now. Big boy football.

I don't think he needs to get bigger, nor does he have any room to get bigger. Have a look at the picture posted earlier in this thread. The guy is built!

4-3 OLBs are generally not as big as 3-4 OLBs.

Yes, I do. It was probably a three-way tie between him and two other guys for best player available at this point.

If you don't think there is any such thing as BPA, well, then you're an idiot. No offense. But the former Packers Vice President just released an article on ESPN a few days ago talking about how most of the NFL goes by pure BPA and the Packers do it by the book. He went on to talk about how when they went into the 2005 NFL draft, they had no plan to take a QB. Like wanted a LB or DE and were looking at Demarcus Ware. But the Cowboys grabbed him, and the next best player available was Aaron Rodgers. After finding that no one wanted to trade with them, they took Rodgers even though this was right after the 2004 season when Favre threw for over 4,000 yards and 30 TD's. He said you must go "by the board" and it's ALWAYS best player available.

Me thinks it is BS as if BPA were true then why doesn't any team wind up drafting 4 or 5 players in a row fromsame exact position that at times, theoretically should be?