Mayock Lovers

??? Two tackles picked before him this round Mitch Schawrtz from Cal to Browns and Amini Silatolu from small midwestern state to the panthers. Expert

Schwartz is a RT, I mean that's what he does, and that's what the Browns needed. He's basically Erik Pears if he reaches his ceiling. (I've also heard that he was the Dolphins preference over Martin.) As for Silatolu, I really don't know anything about him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn was tremendous value in the 2nd. It will be looked back on as a key pick in building a winner.

Sanu in the 3rd was all I wanted!

Oh well....

I think were going to field a sht ton of talent this year and have fun!

No, see you've got the wrong attitude. You have to come out hating all of the picks from the get-go. You can learn to like 'em if and when they pan out. Then you can pontificate online about how you liked them all along. That's the OP's way.

You know what would make this draft even better. Some more great picks like Tank Carder and Q.B B.j. whatever from Chatanooga. A linebacker named Tank who`s like a piece of glass. Hurt alot and a nothing QB. What happened to the Tall receivers we like. We trade up for a 6th to 7th round prospect,but let the bigger better ones go. Where are the linebackers we need also ? If Glenn was so good why was he picked after a couple no-namers ? I hope he sheds 20 lbs. He could be the next big Mike. Watch the ankle ,knee and back problems at this level with the weight problem. Go Buddy.

Sour grapes. Stevie was probably a throwaway good for nothing pick just like Fred Jackson. C'mon man let It play out. Buddy does what he does cuz he can yet you don't. Hmmmmm

Mayock had a 7th round grade on Graham. They ALL said Glenn was a guard. Showed him getting smoked by nobody De`s.

LOL! They showed one positional drill where a guy got an inside move on him. The next play, he stonewalled him. The thing is, the inside move was where the LG would be.

No, see you've got the wrong attitude. You have to come out hating all of the picks from the get-go. You can learn to like 'em if and when they pan out. Then you can pontificate online about how you liked them all along. That's the OP's way.

The real truth has finally been spoken. Nanker has NA-NA-Nailed it!!

Schwartz is a RT, I mean that's what he does, and that's what the Browns needed. He's basically Erik Pears if he reaches his ceiling. (I've also heard that he was the Dolphins preference over Martin.) As for Silatolu, I really don't know anything about him.

Yeah, Schartz is a, and has only played, RT so far. Silatolu is an OG.

??? Two tackles picked before him this round Mitch Schawrtz from Cal to Browns and Amini Silatolu from small midwestern state to the panthers. Expert

By "no namers" I assume you mean "people I've never heard of". Both Schwartz and Silatolu are on the draft board as well-graded prospects just below Glenn, Martin, and Adams.

Schwartz as a "plug and play prospect at RT" and Silatolu, according to the draft reports, is a small-school tackle who is expected to move inside to guard

Re Schwartz: "His size and productivity at Cal will earn him consideration in the fifth or sixth round. Schwartz's average athletic ability is the greatest knock on him"

In other words, according to the experts, the Browns took a big 'ol reach on him.

I think we have a winning recipe here for never liking a Bills pick:

If he's a highly rated prospect we get at or below where he was expected to draft because other teams have done a big reach or selected a somewhat lower-rated player: "if he's so good, why did other teams pick those 'reach' players ahead of him?"

If he's a lower-rated prospect we reach for ourselves, "why did we reach, when there were better rated prospects ahead of him?"

Make up your minds, peeps. One or the other:

If you like players who are taken at or below where "the experts" rate them, don't diss them off because other teams see things they particularly like or need and draft lower ranked players ahead.

If you like players who are taken above where "the experts" rate them because we think we see something we particularly like or need, then don't diss them off because they aren't being taken at or below where the experts rate them.

I guarantee somewhere on a Bengals fan board, some Betty Blackcloud is dissing off the Sanu Mohammed pick in like terms: "If he's so good, why were two no-name WR drafted ahead of him?"

I like Mayock, but I don't take his word as the gospel. The funny thing about guys like Mayock and Kiper, no one ever holds them accountable for their misses. They have plently of them, too.

Mayock has taken a ton of abuse for saying that Gabbert was the better QB prospect than Newton last year. He's missed on more than a few over the years. But so have professional scouts with 10x the information available. It's the nature of the beast.

GO BILLS!!!

Sour grapes. Stevie was probably a throwaway good for nothing pick just like Fred Jackson. C'mon man let It play out. Buddy does what he does cuz he can yet you don't. Hmmmmm

For every Stevie or Fred their is hundreds of Wangs, Calloways and alot of other misses on this team to remember. ,Untill they start having winning seasons,I guess I will doubt some of their picks. I`ve been a fan longer than most on here have been born. Year after year of losing and bad picks grow on you. You know how many this is the draft or team I`ve seen. Show me results. Untill I see the play-offs . It`s just another year of B.S.

pretty funny that our FO thinks hes got pretty GOOD feet to go with his size and wingspan.

and since our FO want our team to do well, as opposed to most tv-guys, i tend to trust our guys way more than mayock, kiper or whoever.

besides that, they bothj had 1st-round grades on glenn. or not?

Frankly, Glenn can be a good pick even if he doesn't work out at LT. Each year, injuries seem to send us to the scrap heap for interior linemen.

^^^This

It's strange for me to see people B word about picks without having any idea on how they'll turn out. It seems to me that mostly people who aren't happy with the picks are just upset that they didn't get their way. It's okay, I mean i like things to be done my way a lot too, but I just go ahead and flip on Madden because I actually have some control in that game. We as fans have NO control over who we draft and having a fit because the team didn't draft who we wanted seems like a miserable way to live. I like the direction Buddy has been steering this team and honestly while this may not have been the draft I would have ran if I were GM, I'm not, so all I can do is be a fan. :D :D :D

Frankly, Glenn can be a good pick even if he doesn't work out at LT. Each year, injuries seem to send us to the scrap heap for interior linemen.

Exactly. The film on him shows that he has played guard and tackle, left and right. Seems to be a perfect fit to me.

I like Mayock, and think he does a very good job of analayzing players for us.

But you also have to wonder how much time can he spend looking over every player? I know he probably has a couple of assistants, but they are not scouts i bet.

He spends 50% of his time i bet looking at the top 50-60 players. Then he spends whatever other time trying to sort thru a couple hundred other kids.

Where as you have an NFL team that has a dozen guys that are experienced spending an entire year evaluating guys.

I do appreciate his opinion on Glenn, because i know he spent considerable time on him. Buddy and his scouts did too. They differ in opnion on Glenn, that happens.

Time hold all truths. Meanwhile i will hope Buddy got it right.

I hated this draft.. absolutly hated it, but iv come around. Gilmore in the first then glenn in the 2nd? thats a steal.. Not sold on TJ yet but i agree on the LB's. Lucky for us audie cole and nigel bradham are still there and are good value in this round, also i like bj coleman, would love for us to pick him up

We don't need starters yet, only depth at LB. Why spend a pick before day 3?

Guys like Mayock and Kiper are paid to have STRONG opinions about players and team decisions as pertaining to the draft. They are the Simon Cowell of the professional football world. The real fact of the matter is that no one knows who did great and who didn't do great until these players get on the field and play some football.

If you want to slap down Mayock all you have to do just go back and roll the Mayock/Gabbert man-love tape of the 2011 draft season. I'm remember sitting there and laughing at them hating on Newton and loving Gabbert. Most fans were doing the same thing because the choice was obvious to us. This was the biggest decision for the Panthers GM and Mayock was wrong and the regular fans were right. Actually it wasn't even a decision, it was the obvious choice. Well that is if you're someone who's name isn't Mike Mayock.

That being said, one of the reasons why we all tune in is to hear what the "experts" have to say. Because for some strange reason we'll either feel a little happy or little upset about their reaction to our selection. Just like Simon Cowell.

Generally speaking....TRUE!

I'd really love to see a review of the "experts'" opinions on players. I've heard too many "Gabbert is the 2nd best QB..." and "Robert Ayers is the best DE in this draft..." from Mayock to take his word as gospel. Even when he said he had Gilmore rated as the 8th best player, I said "so what?" to myself because what means more is how he plays on the field.