Mayock Lovers

Mayock had a 7th round grade on Graham. They ALL said Glenn was a guard. Showed him getting smoked by nobody De`s.

When was that footage taken? By all accounts, he was acquitting himself well by the end of the season.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayock had a 7th round grade on Graham. They ALL said Glenn was a guard. Showed him getting smoked by nobody De`s.

This is funny. I can splice together tapes of Luck and RG3 that would convince some people they are the worst QB prospects ever.

GO BILLS!!!

You know what would make this draft even better. Some more great picks like Tank Carder and Q.B B.j. whatever from Chatanooga. A linebacker named Tank who`s like a piece of glass. Hurt alot and a nothing QB. What happened to the Tall receivers we like. We trade up for a 6th to 7th round prospect,but let the bigger better ones go. Where are the linebackers we need also ? If Glenn was so good why was he picked after a couple no-namers ? I hope he sheds 20 lbs. He could be the next big Mike. Watch the ankle ,knee and back problems at this level with the weight problem. Go Buddy.

Perspective: it's a wonderful thing to have and a necessity when attmepting to be objective...in this case it just sounds like you're whining about not getting the guys you wanted. I have my questions, but willing to reserve some judgment about them until after at a MINIMUM this season is half over and then we can at least speculate as to their value toward the team. I admit, I do love the Gilmore and Glenn picks and scratching my head over the Graham pick, not b/c of some arbitrary assinged value by all the "experts" but b/c he doesn't seem to fit the model Nix and Co. say they're looking for....but in the end, only time will tell. And as of right now, I'm willing to wait to see who we get on the final day before I'm about to burn Nix in effigy. We have a roster with some very good players picked in the later rounds, Kyle W and Stevie J just to mention two...let's calm down and give it today before we start throwing chairs off the Titanic....

I can see how people question our first and third picks, but I love the Glenn pick and can't see why people hate it. This front office, for all their nonsense, seem to know talent for the oline. They found pears from nowhere who is a solid player, they found harriston in the 4th who at worst is a good backup, they developed bell pretty well, grabbed ubrick.... They flunked with the 5th round Wang and that 6th rounder. But really. And when the front office says he has good feet, they probably mean it. They don't sugarcoat harristin. They admit he needs to work on his feet.

When was that footage taken? By all accounts, he was acquitting himself well by the end of the season.

Good point. They said he started off shakey but got better each game, and was great by the end

I like Mayock. I still do whether or not he likes the Bills picks. Does he miss, yes, but everybody does from time to time. Hell, the Bills missed an ENTIRE YEAR of draft picks, but we still cheer for them right?

In the end Mayocks opinion doesn't matter. It's just another opinion to listen to. Take it for what it's worth. What does matter is the opinion of the Bills front office, scouts, and coaching staff. So far the Buddy Nix regime has done a great job drafting. Buddy has done a great job in the past with the Chargers too. He can draft any player he deems fit. I think he has earned the right to do so.

I don't see how you can't love the Glenn pick. He was considered a great OG prospect at worst. However he played LT last year, improved weekly, and he played at 345#, when 330# (which he played at before last year) is more ideal because it would make him quicker and give him more stamina.

All I hear on here is he`s the best. Can`t miss talent . Well ,he doesn`t like our picks alot. Did you see their faces on the NFL network with the Glenn and Graham pick ? Stunned. Now I guess Mayock doesn`t know anything post will begin. Funny.

Mayock knows his stuff, more so then Kiper, McShay or any other scout wannabes. Those guys just mimic what the hear from the real scouts.

Mayock is an ex NFL player and actually sits down and watches the film on each and every player he grades.He has been offered to run scouting departments on several teams and turned them all down. He works for the NFL as a TV commentator, color man for college and NFL games.

Mayock stated he watched every pass that Ryan Tennahill made his entire college career before he graded him.

That said, Mike Mayock was the only grader that had Gilmore at #8 out of his top 100. Most others had that 1st pick Gilmore at between 15 to 27.

He was probably scratching his head over the Glenn pick because he graded him as a RT or G / C and not a LT which is what the Bills need the most. Mayock went on to show that Glenn only played LT this past year at LT for Georgia and played poorly at the start. He did get better as the year went on, but stated at 345 lbs the guy doesn't have the quick feet needed to play LT. He showed a video of Glenn getting beaten by a speed rush inside at LT. He went on to state that if the Bills moved him inside he could be an all pro.

The NFL network didn't talk much about Glenn because right after the Bills picked him the Jets traded up to take Stephen Hill, and their focus shifted from Glenn, to the Jets, to Martin who was picked by the Dolphins with the very next pick after Buffalo. Mayock then stated Martin can play either LT or RT but he will most likely play RT for the Dolphins.

The 3rd pick was the real head scratcher because the Bills used a #3 pick on a kid Mayock had graded as a 7th round WR. Scout.com had the kid ranked as the #31 WR. So rather then make fun of the selection he remained quiet about it.

For every Stevie or Fred their is hundreds of Wangs, Calloways and alot of other misses on this team to remember. ,Untill they start having winning seasons,I guess I will doubt some of their picks. I`ve been a fan longer than most on here have been born. Year after year of losing and bad picks grow on you. You know how many this is the draft or team I`ve seen. Show me results. Untill I see the play-offs . It`s just another year of B.S.

This. Another thing.Buddy we are going 3-4 and were sticking to it. Bigger ,faster Lbs . It will take time Buddy says. You know what we get a horrible DC ,Bad 3-4 picks and scrap the plan.Now Buddy goes 4-3 . Gets agressive in free agency and finally gets us a D on paper that looks better to save his azz from the 3-4 blunder. Like I said show me a play-off win and I`ll not second guess this crew.

You know what would make this draft even better. Some more great picks like Tank Carder and Q.B B.j. whatever from Chatanooga. A linebacker named Tank who`s like a piece of glass. Hurt alot and a nothing QB. What happened to the Tall receivers we like. We trade up for a 6th to 7th round prospect,but let the bigger better ones go. Where are the linebackers we need also ? If Glenn was so good why was he picked after a couple no-namers ? I hope he sheds 20 lbs. He could be the next big Mike. Watch the ankle ,knee and back problems at this level with the weight problem. Go Buddy.

Now they were able to get jasper to drop 75 lbs so I am betting they can help Glenn find 20. Butt I know jasper hasn't made the probowl yet so clearly a wasted 7th rounder....

Now they were able to get jasper to drop 75 lbs so I am betting they can help Glenn find 20. Butt I know jasper hasn't made the probowl yet so clearly a wasted 7th rounder....

Glenn played at 330# before last season. So it won't be hard to get him to drop at least 15#.

All I hear on here is he`s the best. Can`t miss talent . Well ,he doesn`t like our picks alot. Did you see their faces on the NFL network with the Glenn and Graham pick ? Stunned. Now I guess Mayock doesn`t know anything post will begin. Funny.

Holy smokes, all you hear on here? Do you stick your fingers in your ears when something else is expressed, or just not listen, or have everyone with a different viewpoint on your "ignore" list?

Sorry to inject some facts into the conversation, let's look at Mayocks top 5 position picks at a couple key spots;

2011 QB:

1. , Missouri
  2. , Washington
  3. Cam Newton, Auburn
  4. , Arkansas
  5. , TCU

Anyone here rate Gabbert and Locker ahead of Newton right now? How about Gabbert and Locker ahead of Dalton? How does it compare with how teams actually drafted?

2010 QB:--------------

1. Sam Bradford*

2. Jimmy Clausen*

3. Colt McCoy

4. Tim Tebow

5t. Dan LeFevour, Tony Pike

OK, anyone here rate Clausen above McCoy and Tebow right now? And how does that match where these guys were actually drafted?

Bottom line: Mayock usually sees talent substantially differently than NFL teams see talent (as evidenced by draft order), even at the most visible, most scrutinized position (QB).

His picks match neither actual draft order, or demonstrated talent on the field.

Mayock knows his stuff, more so then Kiper, McShay or any other scout wannabes. Those guys just mimic what the hear from the real scouts.

Mayock is an ex NFL player and actually sits down and watches the film on each and every player he grades.He has been offered to run scouting departments on several teams and turned them all down. He works for the NFL as a TV commentator, color man for college and NFL games.

Mayock stated he watched every pass that Ryan Tennahill made his entire college career before he graded him.

That said, Mike Mayock was the only grader that had Gilmore at #8 out of his top 100. Most others had that 1st pick Gilmore at between 15 to 27.

He was probably scratching his head over the Glenn pick because he graded him as a RT or G / C and not a LT which is what the Bills need the most. Mayock went on to show that Glenn only played LT this past year at LT for Georgia and played poorly at the start. He did get better as the year went on, but stated at 345 lbs the guy doesn't have the quick feet needed to play LT. He showed a video of Glenn getting beaten by a speed rush inside at LT. He went on to state that if the Bills moved him inside he could be an all pro.

The NFL network didn't talk much about Glenn because right after the Bills picked him the Jets traded up to take Stephen Hill, and their focus shifted from Glenn, to the Jets, to Martin who was picked by the Dolphins with the very next pick after Buffalo. Mayock then stated Martin can play either LT or RT but he will most likely play RT for the Dolphins.

The 3rd pick was the real head scratcher because the Bills used a #3 pick on a kid Mayock had graded as a 7th round WR. Scout.com had the kid ranked as the #31 WR. So rather then make fun of the selection he remained quiet about it.

With all the troll posts that get thrown around the past couple days, it is a treat to see a good post like this one.

I'd really love to see a review of the "experts'" opinions on players. I've heard too many "Gabbert is the 2nd best QB..." and "Robert Ayers is the best DE in this draft..." from Mayock to take his word as gospel. Even when he said he had Gilmore rated as the 8th best player, I said "so what?" to myself because what means more is how he plays on the field.

I was the one who posted about Mayock being a god to some on here. Now they sing a different tune. Ayers ,I brought him up here a week ago to friends. Mayock said he was going to be the best de in a couple years.Gabbert another one Mayock picks,who I said last year looked timid under a rush before the draft. I want our picks to tear it up ,just don`t agree with some of them. I liked the Gilmore pick. Glenn I`m on the fence with. Graham pick I didn`t like. Too many other players I liked better.

Of all the "professional" draft prognosticators, I trust Mayock the most. That does not mean I think he knows talent better than the guys who have to actually select. In the end, everyone will have their hits and misses, since there is no certainty on making the transition to the pros. One thing I think the Bills do well is focus on hard-working, high character types who have the talent. That lessens the odds of picking a bust.

Mayock didn't like Glenn because he doesn't think he has the feet to play LT. Fair enough, I think, but we'll see. For my part, I don't care if he ends up at RG or RT. They're still getting a really good prospect who will help them and be an upgrade up front.

Are we forgetting they need a LT now?

I was the one who posted about Mayock being a god to some on here. Now they sing a different tune. Ayers ,I brought him up here a week ago to friends. Mayock said he was going to be the best de in a couple years.Gabbert another one Mayock picks,who I said last year looked timid under a rush before the draft. I want our picks to tear it up ,just don`t agree with some of them. I liked the Gilmore pick. Glenn I`m on the fence with. Graham pick I didn`t like. Too many other players I liked better.

I doubt you'll find anyone who thinks that Mayock is infallible. At best, some will say he's the best of the "experts," but that's questionable without knowing his past projections. Again what matters most is how the players actually play.

Watching Mayock rip off his suit coat and yell "Beast" to satiate the panel ie Michael Irvin and Deion (why the hell does he have a job) made me realize actually just how much better ESPNs coverage of the draft is. Yes, I just typed this.

Right...Mayock was stunned by the Glenn Pick...A Player he himself had rated #25 overall, who went #41 overall, to a Team that needed an OT...And he was shocked... :blink:

Right... :thumbsup: