RD 3, Pick #69: WR TJ Graham - NC State

SDS

I can't believe we gave up a 7th round pick to move up a couple of spots to get a guy that would have still been there.. I am totally confused why they did this..

Ever think maybe another team was trying to trade up?

Rumor was Miami was trying to trade up for a wr

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

T.J Graham (5' 11", 188 lbs)

From NFL.com

Mayock's take: "I had him going in the seventh round. He can fly, though."

OVERVIEW

Graham is undersized at receiver but has started sparingly throughout his career for North Carolina State. His value lies in his speed. He is still a developing route runner and can get knocked for being a "track guy" who is unreliable across the middle. Nevertheless, his 40-yard dash time will be important throughout pro days and the combine, and he could be selected as high as the third round.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Graham is a burner who can take the top off defenses at the next level. He can beat corners in man coverage and use his hands to stack on top of them and continue to gain separation. He is very good at focusing on the ball when running deep routes, and he looks natural in his catches. He is quick off the line and uses his feet well to avoid and stem corners who could overpower him. He can vary his speeds well to keep corners off-balance.

WEAKNESSES Graham is a deep speed guy and that's about it. He is still developing as a route runner and won't go across the middle for balls. He is undersized and not very strong, and it shows across the middle and when he tries to block. He is willing both running across the middle and blocking, but he simply lacks the strength to be effective.

The two highlight videos I saw he ran plenty of routes across the middle, in traffic, and caught them. He fumbled once but also got plenty of YAC in others.

Here's a review from whoever this guy is:

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/tag/nathan-enderle/

-T.J. Graham, WR, North Carolina State: 5’11”, 180 pounds, 4.36 40 yard dash

-Graham definitely doesn’t look like he weighs 180 pounds to me so I will be very interested to see what he weighs in at. My estimation would be he’s actually about 5’10”, 170 pounds but that is just my opinion. Regardless of his official measurements there is no denying his speed and explosiveness. He put all of his ability on display in NC State’s bowl game against Louisville as he put on a show with 7 receptions for 116 yards and 2 touchdowns in that game. He finished the season with 46 receptions, 757 yards and 7 TD’s receiving this year which nearly exceeded all of his production as a receiver from his previous three seasons on the Wolfpack. In his first three years he totaled 52 career receptions, 673 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns. He was only 6 receptions short of doubling his career receptions, yards and touchdowns total as a receiver as a senior. On top of that, Graham also has 630 career punt return yards with one touchdown and 3,157 career kick return yards and two more touchdowns. He had well over 5,000 total yards as a member of the Wolfpack and I think that his value as a receiver and a kick returner will be on full display during the East-West Shrine Game. I definitely think Graham will be a riser during the week and I really like his NFL upside. He’s my #1 WR on the East going into the week, so it will be very fun to see him play in person.

Before you say anything, watch some film on this kid. He gets by the D almost every time. What the media rates him doesn't reflect on what teams rate him. I was hearing this kid as being a surprise SECOND round pick, so i'm sure Buddy felt as if Jacksonville would likely take him.

He might take time to develop, but a nice pick overall.

1335577208[/url]' post='2450073']

Did we trade up before or after Posey was selected?

That's the only rationale I can see for trading up to pick him. They wanted Posey, made a trade, but he was taken one pick before. So they just went with the next WR on the list. ???

I'm not saying whether he'll be good or bad, but it does beg the question... why make a trade to move up a couple spots just to take a player that the general consensus is he would certainly still have been on the board? (especially for a GM that has repeatedly said he values every draft pick and dislikes moving up)

Little dude, apparently has some wheels. I live 15 minutes from NC State and I've barely heard of the guy.

Come on - if you lived 15 minutes from NC State you know the guy's a play maker...He and Wilson connected a lot...and this kid is a flat out play maker...NCSU Class of '82.....

Al Davis made this pick from the grave as a favor to Ralph!!! Here's a scouting report on him--track guy who plays some football: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=36205 Buddy just ruined the draft for me. Too many more talented players were available at WR and where the f is our OLB?

Graham apparently opened a lot of eyes during the Senior Bowl:

Senior Bowl Rankings: Offense

Added Jan 28, 2012, Under: Scouting

Senior Bowl Top 5 Rankings:

1- TJ Graham, WR, North Carolina State: Graham definitely helped himself this week, perhaps more than any receiver here. His speed is extremely evident and he looks like he will be running in the 4.3’s in the 40 yard dash, but he also caught the ball well, created separation with his route running, and overall looked like one of the more impressive receivers here. I really liked him as a sleeper and he looked terrific in his final game at NC State, but between that and this week of productive practices he should be on everyone’s radar by now. He’s a guy that I might have a 3rd round grade on once I finish my film study on him.

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting/senior-bowl-rankings-offense/