RD 3, Pick #69: WR TJ Graham - NC State

SDS

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I was getting at. He fits what we run very well. Quick throws and he gets YAC. I don't think anyone really knows anything about any player drafted past RD 2, including every NFL team. Based on who and where they scouted heavily they wanted this guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=syQVdu2-FMk&feature=related

Watch this, well spoken kid, good genes (track family history), and wants to win.

Yup, sounds like a nice and smart kid. Let's hope he can be productive on the field.

Mario Williams just tweeted "hell yeah #wolfpackbaby". If Mario likes it, I like it. Jebus tap dancing Crisp, we still have 6 picks left and we're in the middle rounds. Trust your team. We need a speed receiver and this class is short on them. We made sure we got one. A lot of experts like it. So what that you "haven't heard of 'em"?

Got a link? It would be interesting to read why.

http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/2532850/t-j-graham/

Graham is undersized (weight) at receiver but has started sparingly throughout his career for North Carolina St. He is extremely fast and that is where his value lies. He is still a developing route runner and can get knocked for being a "track guy" and not reliable across the middle. Nevertheless, his 40 time will be important throughout pro days and the combine, and he could be selected as high as the third round

Graham is a burner who can take the top off of defenses at the next level. He can beat corners in man coverage and use his hands to stack on top of them and continue to gain separation. He is very good at focusing on the ball all the way into his hands when running deeps and looks natural catching. He is quick off the line and uses his feet well to avoid and stem corners who could possibly overpower him if he was stagnant. He can vary his speeds well to keep corners off balance.

Edited by Carey Bender

Sanu had four receptions of over 20 yards in his entire career. Marvin jones is not a guy anyone would think is a starter as a rookie.

I'm very surprised the Bills think he can play outside but maybe he can. They thought Roscoe could. But roscoe's more effective in the slot.

The gap in 40s between tj and sanu was what 2? Nearly 3? tenths of a second.

It's near apples to oranges comparing them.

I don't know him well but through here teams grab guys like this. See the pats with their udfa last pick. The kipers and mcshays don't know midrounders from each other very often so they all mirror grades. They weren't calling teams and watching days of film on tj, Like any number of guys through here.

I agree. He also was a team leader.

I'm a huge Sean Spence fan. He had a bum shoulder at the combine and had a crap bench. Bottom line is the dude is an unbelievable player with off the chart instincts and speed. Makes a ton of tackle TFLs. Best player at the U in 5 years.

Well that's the key. Everyone's favorite obviously wasn't Buddy's favorite. Too many people seemed convinced that the so called expert's boards are more important than the Bills board.

They are more important, especially when the Bills' Board has a history of missteps.

Buddy's 2010 draft was less than stellar. His 2011 draft was outstanding. 2012 . . .

TJ Graham sure seems like a nice young man, I hope he is a football player.

Yeah, that's why I asked, it's the only way it makes logical sense to me... it was a gamble, and then it didn't work, so they took their next choice?

Earlier in the draft Eisen was explaining that the team drafting is required to show their draft card to the team drafting directly after them. So Houston had to show their card to the Bills before the Bills picked.

Edited by Beantown Bills

The gap in 40s between tj and sanu was what 2? Nearly 3? tenths of a second.

It's near apples to oranges comparing them.

I don't know him well but through here teams grab guys like this. See the pats with their udfa last pick. The kipers and mcshays don't know midrounders from each other very often so they all mirror grades. They weren't calling teams and watching days of film on tj, Like any number of guys through here.

Problem with 40s is the fields 100 yards long. I'd read somewhere TJ put up some eye popping number in the 100

Didn't have a game over 60 yards in his last 6 games...

I don't care for the pick, but as your lawyer I advise you not to judge WR's on just numbers because they're so dependent on the rest of the offense doing its job well.

Well file this one away in the wait and see category... we needed a WR and the guy has great speed - only time will tell if its the right pick.

I recognize it's lame to complain the trade up -- especially if the guy turns out to be a stud, than its great that bills went out and got the guy they wanted, but it just seems weird given the teams who are ahead of us.... Washington happily traded back and Jacksonville added a lot of WR already (Evans, Robinson, and Blackmon) clearly the risk was that someone else would trade up to go after graham e.g. why Cleveland traded up to grab Trent Richardson. But even this was the case I doubt detective Nix could of divined this.

Anyway I recognize the above paragraph is moot if T.J. Graham shows he can play.