Glenn, Martin, Adams

eball

Will this be where Buddy gets his LT? Pretty slick if they wind up with one of these guys at #41 after a lot of folks wanted them to get one at #10.

Absolutely. Very likely one of these three will still be there. If not, a pretty good WR will be there. I love the Bills first pick - definite need and this kid is a player. No comparison at all to McKelvin. They are still in great position to get a very good LT or WR prospect.

Will this be where Buddy gets his LT? Pretty slick if they wind up with one of these guys at #41 after a lot of folks wanted them to get one at #10.

I would agree! I was shocked that each of them made it through. People were saying that Martin at #41 would never happen. It doesn't seem quite as far fetched now, and I'm a whole lot more comfortable trading for second round picks than I am first.

Bobbie massie OT Ole Miss...southern (SEC) player who started more than one year, strong and a pretty solid player on that line, probs higher on buddy's board than alot of people are thinking, don't be surprised that if he lasts we take him

If Glenn is still there, I would think he would be the best value and also versatile...moving to Tackle for the BILLS but able to play Guard already if needed...would love to see that happen, but....yeah, not sure it's truly possible....

Bobbie massie OT Ole Miss...southern (SEC) player who started more than one year, strong and a pretty solid player on that line, probs higher on buddy's board than alot of people are thinking, don't be surprised that if he lasts we take him

+1 on Bobby Massie -- He is the guy, but I am not sure he will be available at #41.

My concern is that the rest of the league knows (i) the Bills need an OT, and (ii) Buddy won't trade up. So anyone who needs an OT will trade ahead of the Bills.

I agree that it's fanastic that there are at least 2 starter-caliber OTs sitting there in Round 2. But the Bills need to be aggressive and make sure they go get one of them. It's worth a 5th round pick or whatever. Nix is a bit too passive for me. I know he loves his draft picks, but for chrissakes, making sure you get a left freakin' tackle is more important than drafting Danny Batten's replacement on special teams.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

It would be cool if we draft Glenn, Martin, or Adams in Rd 2.

What I'm concerned about is this:

"Among the more notable offensive tackles still on the board are Ohio State’s Mike Adams, Troy’s James Brown, Georgia’s Cordy Glenn and Stanford’s Jonathan Martin."

Why are we talking about Troy's James Brown in the same sentence with Glenn, Martin, and Adams?

Brown is listed as the #6 GUARD prospect on CBS Sports, with a projected Rd 3-4 grade.

The others are listed as #3, #4, #5 OT prospects with round 1 or 1-2 grades.

I hope they aren't going to do their "we're so much smarter than everyone else to draft a sleeper high" BS

My concern is that the rest of the league knows (i) the Bills need an OT, and (ii) Buddy won't trade up. So anyone who needs an OT will trade ahead of the Bills.

I agree that it's fanastic that there are at least 2 starter-caliber OTs sitting there in Round 2. But the Bills need to be aggressive and make sure they go get one of them. It's worth a 5th round pick or whatever. Nix is a bit too passive for me. I know he loves his draft picks, but for chrissakes, making sure you get a left freakin' tackle is more important than drafting Danny Batten's replacement on special teams.

Keep in mind everyone has to give up draft picks to trade up. That's why you usually don't see too much of it in the 2nd. A 5th round pick or whatever? Ah, we are talking high 2nd round here.

Why is it that people still imply (if not stating it directly) Buddy Nix is an idiot? I just don't get it.

With so many OL and WR still left on the board, I presume at least a couple will be available when we pick. I will be HIGHLY disappointed if we don't pick one of these positions with #41. Pretty much indifferent between WR and OT but lean more towards OT. For an equivalent grade, Nix may also prefer OT over WR (based on his interview this week "no point having a WR if the QB is on his back").

+1 on Bobby Massie -- He is the guy, but I am not sure he will be available at #41.

Yup, massive Bobbie Massie does fit the profile. Californians, midwesterners and guards need not apply.

In Chris Brown's live chat last night, he was asked about Massie, and said that the Bills' top scout considered him a RT only. I doubt they would feed misinformation to their own reporter, so I'd be pretty surprised to see Massie drafted. Always could be a situation where the scout's opinion differs from the GM's, but it seems like the Bills are pretty much on the same page usually.

It would be cool if we draft Glenn, Martin, or Adams in Rd 2.

What I'm concerned about is this:

"Among the more notable offensive tackles still on the board are Ohio State’s Mike Adams, Troy’s James Brown, Georgia’s Cordy Glenn and Stanford’s Jonathan Martin."

Why are we talking about Troy's James Brown in the same sentence with Glenn, Martin, and Adams?

Brown is listed as the #6 GUARD prospect on CBS Sports, with a projected Rd 3-4 grade.

The others are listed as #3, #4, #5 OT prospects with round 1 or 1-2 grades.

I hope they aren't going to do their "we're so much smarter than everyone else to draft a sleeper high" BS

Keep in mind everyone has to give up draft picks to trade up. That's why you usually don't see too much of it in the 2nd. A 5th round pick or whatever? Ah, we are talking high 2nd round here.

I'm hoping they trade up. It shouldn't take more than one of their 4th rounders, assuming someone's willing to move back. The main reason I'm hoping they trade up is that it means that one of the guys still available has a much higher grade on their board than the others at his position. (My guess is it would be Glenn, but what do I know?) The amateur draftniks tend to be happiest when you get the last prospect in a tier, because they consider them all pretty much equal and whoever drafts last gets the best "value." But I'm not in love with the idea of the Bills seeing essentially no difference between 3-5 very different prospects in Glenn/Martin/Adams/maybe Massie and/or Brown, and just settling for whichever falls to them. I feel like that's not a recipe for success. I'd much prefer that they have a specific one they really like, because they see how his skill set fits into their system in a way that the other players' skill sets don't. A trade up would signify that they see a big difference in fit.

Of course, a similar situation happened when the Bills traded up in round 2 to draft Poz over David Harris, but that was a different scouting staff. They also way overpaid, giving up a high 3 to move up a few spots in the 2nd. (Which would've been fine if Poz had turned out as good as David Harris.)