Buffalo @ San Francisco Sunday October 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Anyone in town for this? I live here, and have been to every Raiders/49ers game hosting the Bills since 1980.

I'm planning on buying tickets soon. Want to find other Bills fans in the area to hook up with at the Game.

I wanted to add it to the Tailgate section, but does not allow me to add the sub-topic.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone in town for this? I live here, and have been to every Raiders/49ers game hosting the Bills since 1980.

I'm planning on buying tickets soon. Want to find other Bills fans in the area to hook up with at the Game.

I wanted to add it to the Tailgate section, but does not allow me to add the sub-topic.

I'll be ther, if you can put me up for a few days! :P

Seriously, would love to go...used to love pioking out a Bills road game to go to every year, one in a city I wouldn't necessarily go to otherwise, you know, no relatives or friends. But, it is just getting too damn expensive to do that kind of thing anymore...I live in Austin, so I will be going to the Houston game (could do that in one day), and then, maybe the opener in New Jersey, as I have family in NYC. Would love to go to San Fran though...haven't been there in about 15 years, and never for a Bills game...only a Giants/Astros game. Have fun! Be careful...San Francisco fans are getting a nasty reputation.

Try Buffalo bosters (OC wings and things)

North Star is an awesome spot....They will have a bus trip. Went with the guys to Raiders game twice, and one SF game, very cool dudes. Someone mentioned some Niners fans being a holes...It is true so be aware. Our group got into a fight. You would think they would be a wine and cheese crowd, but more like a Raiders crowd....All teams have their punk fans though right?

I'm in Vegas and we have 7 people coming out for the game were satying in freemont and going to drive into the game early for tailgating. I would gladlly hoast a TBD tailgate party!!! How can we get this together? I think this will be a great time!! This will be my wifes first pro game and my first game at the Stick. We need to represent for the Bills fans who cant make it. I'll bring the Chiavettas and Sahlen's!!!

I plan on being there. I've never been to the stick, and I'd like to take a few photos. Unfortunately my wife hates the Bay area, so I'll be going by myself. Like Bart Scott said, CAN'T WAIT!

WHAT? the bay is awesome! sucks to drive but it it great weather 24-7

I will be flying up from Hawaii for my first Bills game! count me in!

Hope we win so your experience doesnt suck and you wont have to learn the pain of traveling home after a loss.

I would email the San Diego Bills Backers, they might be organizing something for the game as well. They put on a great weekend down here last season FWIW.

San Diego Bills Backers

I joined the San Diego Bills Backers a few years ago down there for a game that featured Flutie as the QB for the Chargers. We lost that game, but it was a great weekend, we met Steve Christie and Andre Reed at the Tailgate.

I will be going with the Bills Backers group out of the North Star. We'll have a bus, tickets and party of some sort. I'll actually be planning it with Mark, the bar owner. We will have a good group and we always get big crowds for the Bills and Sabres. I have a feeling this year might be the biggest one yet since the Niners and Bills should both be good. Lets keep in touch as the game gets closer and the plans become more clear.

Looks like I should contact Northstar as they would probably already have something set up. I have been looking at tickets in StubHub and SeatHound. Looking for the best I can get on the visitors side. Seems like tickets are ranging between $120-200. If you already have tickets, let us know where your sitting!

I will be going with the Bills Backers group out of the North Star. We'll have a bus, tickets and party of some sort. I'll actually be planning it with Mark, the bar owner. We will have a good group and we always get big crowds for the Bills and Sabres. I have a feeling this year might be the biggest one yet since the Niners and Bills should both be good. Lets keep in touch as the game gets closer and the plans become more clear.

And the tickets are still cheap!

Do you guys have seats in a common area? If so, what section?

We haven't got seats yet, but we will get a block as we get closer. Mark (North star owner) has good connections and our other avenue is to contact the Bills and get the tickets through them. They have given us seats out of their reserved block in the past. I need to speak with Mark. We will have a package for everything included. We just did the Sabres bus to San Jose and it was $100 with ticket, bus and beer. I expect a similar package for this.

I have coordinated with several fans on this board in the past. I am sure many of you will plan to be go again. I definitely expect bigger numbers this year.

I plan on flying in on Sunday morning. The North Star option seems like a good one.

I will keep checking for updates :thumbsup:

the Stick is only about 15 mins. north of the airport, but be careful as SFO can have delays if the fog is around

There have been some problems at 49er games in the past year or 2, primarily when the play the Raiders, but also other teams. They have increased police presence including undercover cops. The Stick is an old stadium, which means narrow concourses, long concession lines, etc. October generally means good weather, but it can be windy, foggy, and cool. Come on out & enjoy the game

Last game I attended at Candlestick was the "No Punt Game" where the Bills beat the niners. Jerry Rice was knocked out of the game with a concussion.

http://www.buffaloru...-revisiting-the

We'll be at this game.

Last Bills-Niners game I went to was in 2004 in "The Stick."

Bledsoe led the team to a 41-7 win, our sixth win in a row which set up the season ending "win and you're in" match against the Pittsburgh Steelers reserves…

Ouch!

So, so, SO psyched for this game. I live in Los Altos and have several friends coming in from out of town. I'll prob be getting synched up w the North Star crew but am open to other plans if others are thinking of something different. The only thing I know is that we will absolutely, positively be tailgating Buffalo style!

Let's show Stevie some hometown love!!

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP

Are there any other fans interested in going to this game?

Also, if anyone has any information on tickets, please post here.

Any interest in having a Bills fan gathering the day before the game?

I know we can't match the effort that the San Diego group put together, but we can always try.

Putting together a tailgate for everyone should be easy.

Mods, can we please get this thread pinned to the Tailgate Central section? Thanks.

BUMP

Are there any other fans interested in going to this game?

Also, if anyone has any information on tickets, please post here.

Any interest in having a Bills fan gathering the day before the game?

I know we can't match the effort that the San Diego group put together, but we can always try.

Putting together a tailgate for everyone should be easy.

Mods, can we please get this thread pinned to the Tailgate Central section? Thanks.

It seemed to me that there was a thought that we would contact the North Star in North Beach and buy a ticket package through them… I thought they always do something when the Bills are in the Bay Area… a bus and tailgate package.

I assumed they would be the main hosts of any Bills fans exodus.

Because they have done it before and more than likely will do it again, it makes sense to follow their lead.

I got about 6 friends flying up with me from Hawaii for this game... all of us are psyched and ready to tailgate HARD for this game :thumbsup:

does the northstar option bus us to the game early to tailgate also? If two of my friends are die hard 9ers fans, can they still come or is that blasphemy?

I got about 6 friends flying up with me from Hawaii for this game... all of us are psyched and ready to tailgate HARD for this game :thumbsup:

does the northstar option bus us to the game early to tailgate also? If two of my friends are die hard 9ers fans, can they still come or is that blasphemy?

From my extensive experience with North Star Bills excursions, you will be tired of alcohol by the time the bus arrives on Candlestick Point - and probably even before it leaves the North Star!!!

There will be plenty of Bills revelry going on at Powell & Green before the bus leaves, and continuing until kickoff :beer:

From my extensive experience with North Star Bills excursions, you will be tired of alcohol by the time the bus arrives on Candlestick Point - and probably even before it leaves the North Star!!!

There will be plenty of Bills revelry going on at Powell & Green before the bus leaves, and continuing until kickoff :beer:

I'm not particularly interested in getting drunk to see the game. However, I want to be with other Bills fans, enjoy a tailgate experience, and sit among other Bills fans to watch the game. Is that even possible with the North Star crowd? Or should I consider an alternative?

I'm not particularly interested in getting drunk to see the game. However, I want to be with other Bills fans, enjoy a tailgate experience, and sit among other Bills fans to watch the game. Is that even possible with the North Star crowd? Or should I consider an alternative?

Not sure about the tailgating thing as 'The Star' usually runs some sort of all-inclusive deal with food & beer on the bus, but you should be just fine regarding the drinking. The North Star crowd is a very typical Buffalo crowd, meaning there WILL be some heavy drinkers - but there will also be many light-to-moderate drinkers as well, and it's a well-behaved group. The big thing is that they're all displaced WNYers, 2500 miles from home, and all share a rabid passion for the Bills. (A couple of friends and I actually started the whole Bills/North Star thing about 20 years ago with its original owners.)

If it's traditional tailgating you want ( i.e., drive to the stadium several hours early, park, grill, etc., etc.), this would probably be a slightly different type of experience - but I'm not sure you'd find a large concentration of fellow Bills fans to tailgate with in whatever area of the Candlestick lots you park. Your call.

post-2970-085790300 1337625887_thumb.jpg

post-2970-051804600 1337625901_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Last game I attended at Candlestick was the "No Punt Game" where the Bills beat the niners. Jerry Rice was knocked out of the game with a concussion.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/5/23/884459/youtube-saturday-revisiting-the

That was a great game for Bills fans in attendance. I remember the crowd shouting BRuuuuce during pre-game warmups and Bruce doing a quick run around the field with his helmet held high before hitting the tunnel. The scene at the Bills buses was pandemonium with several thousand Bills fans sending them off back to B-LO.

Edited by Best Player Available

Live an hour and change from the bay would love to come to this game any info on tailgating/meeting would be awesome :thumbsup: