NFL Sunday Ticket cost reduced by 40%

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be a case of "be careful what you wish for". Sure, the NFL ticket was $349 or something in the range last year, but with minimal negotiating, subscribers could work a substantially better deal with a cooperative customer service rep.

Last year I paid $0.00 for the NFL Sunday Ticket, and to sweeten the deal, I received a $30/month credit for 6 months.

They don't want to lose subscribers.

With lowered NFL Ticket renewal prices, they may not be as willing to come off the advertised price.

Edited by DML2005

Sunday Ticket is still subject to blackouts though, just like cable or over-the-air TV.

But 40% is a sweet deal. Imagine how much money they have made on the ticket in the past if they can afford to give an across the board 40% discount to everyone.

This may be a case of "be careful what you wish for". Sure, the NFL ticket was $349 or something in the range last year, but with minimal negotiating, subscribers could work a substantially better deal with a cooperative customer service rep.

Last year I paid $0.00 for the NFL Sunday Ticket, and to sweeten the deal, I received a $30/month credit for 6 months.

They don't want to lose subscribers.

With lowered NFL Ticket renewal prices, they may not be as willing to come off the advertised price.

Yep I was thinking the same thing. I have not paid a dime for NFL Ticket for the last 4 years. My guess is now that they will be tougher to negotiate with. People make fun of Scooby around here but he was the one that first told me what to do 4 years ago & it worked. For that I will always be gratefull to him & never say a bad word about him. The man knows his direct tv. It has worked the last 3 years also. I don't understand you people that have paid for it. The steps have been laid out time & time again how to get it free yet there are still people on this board that don't get it. I will make my usual call in August & hopefully they won't be too strict on the negotiation.

Awesome news! I've been subscribing to the NFL Sunday Ticket for 16 years and the price had gotten ridiculous. I've been negotiating with them on discounts for 3-4 seasons now and its become more of a hassle each year. Good stuff! $200 is quite reasonable... I wonder how long it'll last..?

Awesome news! I've been subscribing to the NFL Sunday Ticket for 16 years and the price had gotten ridiculous. I've been negotiating with them on discounts for 3-4 seasons now and its become more of a hassle each year. Good stuff! $200 is quite reasonable... I wonder how long it'll last..?

Will definitely negotiate up to get the extras ( Especially RedZone Channel and Shortcuts) in the $299 package for free,. Since my contract is up with them in August, they'll hopefully be amenable to that.

Should I go with Direct TV?

Someone make the decision for me.

At least call them. They will send a tech over with a device that will tell you if you can even get a signal. Trees, other buildings, etc. may be blocking you.

PTR

Sunday Ticket is still subject to blackouts though, just like cable or over-the-air TV.

But 40% is a sweet deal. Imagine how much money they have made on the ticket in the past if they can afford to give an across the board 40% discount to everyone.

That's not the genious. The smart thing is they report adding 327,000 new subscribers to their services by offering the NFL ticket free. Lowering the rate is to appease existing customers who would complain new subscribers got it for free. They want us to say what you said "How much were they making if they can lower it 40%, but 40% is sweet".

It's not sweet, it's BS. I should get it free not some new comer that hasn't supported you for the last 20 years. I'm the one that has allowed them to give all the free stuff to new customers. That's BS.

This is my argument when I call. I tell them look I've been with you when I had to buy the system from Radio Shack and call a guy from the newspaper to come out and install, you then installed and gave the systems to new customers free. I could only watch directv on one tv, I paid to buy the dual LNB so I could watch tv on two tv's and different channels, then you started giving the dual LNB to new customers free. .......... paid for HD DVR receiver, then you gave it free and so on.

I'm calling and getting it free.