Gruden QB Camp

NewEra

I just watched the show and now see him in a different light. I'll save my thoughts on him and see if anyone here feels the same. For those that have seen it, what are your thoughts on Brock Osweiler?

I just watched the show and now see him in a different light. I'll save my thoughts on him and see if anyone here feels the same. For those that have seen it, what are your thoughts on Brock Osweiler?

I'll take the Weedeater or Kirk's cousin before this guy.

Did you guys all see the show? I saw a guy that was trying to put on a charisma show. To me, it looked fake, like he was acting. Never met the kid, so I have no idea how he is most of the time. Watching 20 minutes on an interview is hard to gauge how genuine someone is, but I sensed a guy 100% trying to sell himself. I can understand why, considering he could possibly sneak into the 1st round (doubtful, but maybe). I'm not sure how his personality would fit in with leading an nfl team. I could see him being the guy barking up a storm, while his teammates are looking at him thinking "what a clown". He could very well be a likable guy, but I saw him as putting on a show. Anyone else feel that way?

I wasn't a fan of Russell Wilson before I saw him on GQBC. After watching him, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. I didnt like osweiler before I saw the show and I don't think I like him after watching. He's certainly a different character than what I was expecting.

This could be a special QB class? - COULD BE? I'd say it's already set to feature 2 very elite QB's - and that isn't all that usual; after all, a class is lucky to see the likes of a LUCK once every 10 years, at least, that's what we're hearing. But, then you throw in a guy like Griffin III, who will no doubt spend his entire NFL career proving why Indy was wrong.

Then you've got guys like Osweiler, Cousins, Weeden, Foles, Keenum, Wilson, Tannehill, and Moore - 8 Qb's, of which, I'd guess at least 4 will end up playing in the NFL at one time or another in the next few years. If one or two of these QB's ends up being good, then this class will end up being one of the best in the last 30 years.

1334886516[/url]' post='2441376']

Did he have Kellen Moore on yet?

Yeah. Didn't like him before. Don't like him now. He looks like a little kid. I love what the kids done in his career, dont get me wrong, but I don't a little kid running my team

He showed nothing in this interview. All he showed me was he is full of cheezy lines and is all talk.

i think hes the cocky, premadonna second coming of JP Losman

PASS

:wallbash::thumbdown:

I didn't see it, but the best thing for Losman's career would have not to be drafted in the 1st. The pressure won't have been there for him to start right away. I watched about BO's games and I think he has big time ability. I don't put too much stock into a 21 yo kid filming a tv spot on ESPN. I'd be awful doing it. I think BO would be a great 3rd or later round pick.

i think hes the cocky, premadonna second coming of JP Losman

PASS

:wallbash::thumbdown:

I didn't see it, but the best thing for Losman's career would have not to be drafted in the 1st. The pressure won't have been there for him to start right away. I watched about BO's games and I think he has big time ability. I don't put too much stock into a 21 yo kid filming a tv spot on ESPN. I'd be awful doing it. I think BO would be a great 3rd or later round pick.

I thought he came across as fake. Not meaning to be too hard on the kid, but every year there are a couple of QBs whose parents and backers can afford a great PR machine to groom them and then to fluff them up.

Blaine Gabbert was 'that guy" last year. The year before it was Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy. This year I thought it was Tannehill but maybe it's Osweiler (or maybe it's both).

I wasn't a fan of Russell Wilson before I saw him on GQBC. After watching him, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. I didnt like osweiler before I saw the show and I don't think I like him after watching. He's certainly a different character than what I was expecting.

I know exactly what you mean about Wilson...he's got something to him that draws you in and I really loved how he handled himself during Gruden's Camp. Would love to get Russell Wilson!

1334891140[/url]' post='2441430']

I thought he came across as fake. Not meaning to be too hard on the kid, but every year there are a couple of QBs whose parents and backers can afford a great PR machine to groom them and then to fluff them up.

Blaine Gabbert was 'that guy" last year. The year before it was Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy. This year I thought it was Tannehill but maybe it's Osweiler (or maybe it's both).

Yep. That's what it looks like to me. He's trying to get drafted in the 1st rd, I don't really blame him. I just don't like him, although I do think he's got some ability and might pay dividends. I think he's worth a look in the 4th, but wouldn't wanna take him any higher (doubtful to be there in the 4th).

I think the kid telegraphs passes and has bad pocket awareness overall. Not at all impressed with this kid and honestly after the top 2 i think this class is pretty weak

Agreed. People forget that the top ten qbs any given year will have good arms, win games and be good at interviews and breaking down film. very few succeed. Griffins better than average #2 and then I think the talent behind is less than normal/average

Edited by NoSaint

I like Osweiler, he is def. A project player, but what he did in college and the similarities to chans system make him an interesting prospect. He has the measurables, and a yr or two on the bench may be exactly what he needs to develop into the QB of the future. I liken him to a big ben/Rivers mix.

3rd rd would be great value to snag Big Brock, IMO.

To me, Brock is probably the most intriguing QB after Luck and RGIII...he would have to sit and learn...wouldn't start right away, but will get taken early in the draft

:thumbsup:

Did you guys all see the show? I saw a guy that was trying to put on a charisma show. To me, it looked fake, like he was acting. Never met the kid, so I have no idea how he is most of the time. Watching 20 minutes on an interview is hard to gauge how genuine someone is, but I sensed a guy 100% trying to sell himself. I can understand why, considering he could possibly sneak into the 1st round (doubtful, but maybe). I'm not sure how his personality would fit in with leading an nfl team. I could see him being the guy barking up a storm, while his teammates are looking at him thinking "what a clown". He could very well be a likable guy, but I saw him as putting on a show. Anyone else feel that way?

:lol:

:P

I completely agree I felt the same way. Every answer felt either reversed or just retarded. I didnt like him before but I definitely don't like him now.