Brandon Weeden?

mrags

Ok. I don't watch a much if any college ball but I have seen a few games that Weeden played. Including his bowl game where he and Blackmon came back and beat Luck and the Stanford favorites.

I knew Weeden was in his mid to late 20s and I understand that he's not a favorite for a really early pick in the draft and by no means am I advocating taking ANY QB at 10 that's not named Luck or RG3. After watching Weeden on Grudens little camp on ESPN I'm an even bigger fan than I was when I wartched him defeat the unbeatable.

Now, I'll say that I'm a firm believer that Blackmon was more responsible for winning that game than Weedon was but I love his attitude. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder about his age and seems like a good guy. Very intelligent and a true athlete. He reminds me of Elway as he played baseball at a high level as well. I know it's a huge difference and not much of a comparison but this guy is a QB and was a pitcher. It's obvious he can sling it like nobodys business.

I wouldn't take him too early because of his age and lack of future possibilities but I'd defenately take this kid starting in the 3rd or 4th round.

Maybe we get our WR, LT, and OLB in the first 3 rounds and trade both 4ths to get back into the 3rd for him. I don't know. My question to those draft gurus is.....

Where is this kid projected on draft day?

How would you rate him?

What are his flaws? In the field or off.

Would you pull the trigger in him and when?

Looking forward to your opinions and info on this kid.

Where is this kid projected on draft day? I would guess early 4th round

How would you rate him? Ryan Mallet type arm but Chris Weinke type style

What are his flaws? In the field or off. - off the field is obviously the age factor, and on the field would be speed/mobility issues

Would you pull the trigger in him and when? I would take Russell over him, but if it were our second 4th pick, and he was still around, AND we addressed our major needs I would not mind rolling the dice on him

I don't know why, but I just have a feeling about Nick Foles. I think it's almost a guarantee we're going to take a QB this draft, so it'll be interesting to see which way they go. There are some interesting QBs this year. I hope we find a good one, even though the chances are slim.

I think he's rated as a possible late first rd (doubtful, but possible) talent that could fall to round 3. I think he comes off the board in rd 2 and in the right situation, can pull off an Andy dalton type rookie year. I think his ceiling is a little higher than fitz's in the league, but I don't think we should draft him him rd 2. If he's there in 3, I think he would be good value (and I'm not a fan of drafting qbs after rd 1). He was impressive in grudens special as was russell Wilson. The only other one I've caught so far was kellen Moore. I really don't want that guy as our qb.

I think he's rated as a possible late first rd (doubtful, but possible) talent that could fall to round 3. I think he comes off the board in rd 2 and in the right situation, can pull off an Andy dalton type rookie year. I think his ceiling is a little higher than fitz's in the league, but I don't think we should draft him him rd 2. If he's there in 3, I think he would be good value (and I'm not a fan of drafting qbs after rd 1). He was impressive in grudens special as was russell Wilson. The only other one I've caught so far was kellen Moore. I really don't want that guy as our qb.

As many QB's as there are this year that could get drafted, I think what many of us here say are 3rd or 4th round picks are going to end up going earlier - with guys like Weeden, Osweiler, and Cousins going by the end of the second round, even.

Ok. I don't watch a much if any college ball but I have seen a few games that Weeden played. Including his bowl game where he and Blackmon came back and beat Luck and the Stanford favorites.

I knew Weeden was in his mid to late 20s and I understand that he's not a favorite for a really early pick in the draft and by no means am I advocating taking ANY QB at 10 that's not named Luck or RG3. After watching Weeden on Grudens little camp on ESPN I'm an even bigger fan than I was when I wartched him defeat the unbeatable.

Now, I'll say that I'm a firm believer that Blackmon was more responsible for winning that game than Weedon was but I love his attitude. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder about his age and seems like a good guy. Very intelligent and a true athlete. He reminds me of Elway as he played baseball at a high level as well. I know it's a huge difference and not much of a comparison but this guy is a QB and was a pitcher. It's obvious he can sling it like nobodys business.

I wouldn't take him too early because of his age and lack of future possibilities but I'd defenately take this kid starting in the 3rd or 4th round.

Maybe we get our WR, LT, and OLB in the first 3 rounds and trade both 4ths to get back into the 3rd for him. I don't know. My question to those draft gurus is.....

How would you rate him?

Looking forward to your opinions and info on this kid.

Didn't come a pro system and is old so by the time he is ready to go he's 32 so not going to work but Miami likes him as they think his age will be an asset.

What are his flaws? In the field or off. - off the field is obviously the age factor, and on the field would be speed/mobility issues

Would you pull the trigger in him and when? I would take Russell over him, but if it were our second 4th pick, and he was still around, AND we addressed our major needs I would not mind rolling the dice on him

Seriously? he's going late first early second, DOES NOT have Mallets arm and is more athletic than Weinke.

Weeden won't be around in the third. It comes down to age with him. If you think he can make it on the field the first year or two he would be a great pick up. If you think it will take him 3 or 4 it probably won't be worth it. Weeden can really sling it. I'm paraphrasing but Gruden said something to the effect if you took Weeden's top 20 throws, and compared them to Lucks, RGIIIs and Tannehill's, Weeden's were more impressive.

Weeden can really, really play. Some team's probably won't touch him but if he goes to the right situation he could be very good. I think the Weinke's comparisons are way off base. If Weeden was 22 he would be a top 10 pick, IMO. But of course the age thing is a huge factor.

Not that it has much to do with the draft but Weeden beat Luck, RGII, Tannehill and Foles all this year.

i think it would take a 2nd round pick to get him, cuz he's not really a developmental guy.. he's a guy that could play his first or 2nd year. probably not what the Bills are looking for.

if they take anyone that high, that's that old, it's to play sooner rather than later. would be interesting though.

Somewhere between picks 30 and 45

How would you rate him?

3rd round talent

Nothing off-field other than he's already 27 years old. On the field, he needs to improve his footwork and delivery.

Sure, if he made it to the 4th round...too many needs to do it earlier.

He is 29 in October. So that puts him a year younger than Fitz, and at best a 10 year NFLer. I would not take him unless you are desperate for a QB which we are not.

He's 28, and will be 29 once the season starts.

Sorry about that...thanks for the correction.

I don't want to see any qb taken in rounds 2-5. Lets see if Fitz is truly the answer. If not, do what it takes next year to draft a top qb prospect in the first round.

I do agree with this. I was simply looking for a career backup type of guy that potentially could start if needed in injury time with potential to be a steal and starter in the future if he impresses. Personally I think Fitz was this guy just a few years ago and personally I think he's good enough to win with the right pieces in place.

I don't want to see any qb taken in rounds 2-5. Lets see if Fitz is truly the answer. If not, do what it takes next year to draft a top qb prospect in the first round.

I think the question comes down to this: do you want to give your team every chance to win this year? Sure, I don't think Fitz is going to end up proving that he has it, and I do think the Bills will want to replace him, but, if I'm wrong - or, even if I'm right - and he gets hurt this year, we have NO ONE the Bills trust to throw in there in his place right now.

So, I'd like to have a developmental QB, exactly the 2-5 round type, one who has some interesting physical abilities but who for some reason or another has fallen a little - we could use a QB who can step in as a backup and give us at the least the HOPE of winning. And, as it is now, we need to add that type of QB to the roster. If we can't go out and get the sure-fire best QB in the draft, or one of those, then we need someone with promise.

Remember what Gailey did with an average Fitz. Think of what he could do with more talent.

I believe at least one well known mock has him going to the Dolphins in Rd #2 - just after we pick... His age is a big minus though....

I do agree with this. I was simply looking for a career backup type of guy that potentially could start if needed in injury time with potential to be a steal and starter in the future if he impresses. Personally I think Fitz was this guy just a few years ago and personally I think he's good enough to win with the right pieces in place.

When you describe him and how he could best fit into the Bills jigsaw i have to agree with you. I cant get past Thigpens poor limited showings. Maybe he can be a better back up with some Bills exp under his belt this year?

This is almost a Fred Jackson type of discuss. But not exactly. The guy is young to the brutality of the NFL so his mileage is low and his experience is high. He might be a backup who could step into a season if Fitz was down and succeed.

I am still intrigued about Wilson though. the guy can play and he is too short to see over his lineman. I think Chan runs those kinds of pass plays already. Be at a spot. I think Chan and the OC really work on throwing lanes a lot more than most excepting maybe the Saints.

i think your boy would be a good career backup + for us.

100% agree....put it all on Fitz....anything less than playoffs, then the Bills should make a skins like move and draft the best QB they can next year.

I believe at least one well known mock has him going to the Dolphins in Rd #2 - just after we pick... His age is a big minus though....

I understand the thing about his age.

IMO, he has to go to a team where he'll start immediately. You mention Miami and that kinda makes sense.

You hope that his maturity means that he'll be solid immediately a la Andy Dalton and that he'll continue to improve for the next 4-5 years before his play declines and he retires.

If he gives a team 5-6 years of good starting QBing, he should be worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

But probably you wouldn't want to draft him as a developmental QB.