Where is Braylon Edwards??!!!

I know that the guy comes with baggage but I'm a sucker for a feel good story. If he were to buy in with what they are doing up there in Buffalo then he could be a real diamond because the guy has the physical attributes and measurables that we're looking for. Of course a short term, incentive laden contract would be benefitful to both parties.

I think he's done as a player. Prepare for the onslaught just btw

Lol! Thanks, I thought the same thing. Believe it or not I was reading his bio and if this guy were to buy into a team and it's concept then I believe that he could be one heck of a steal.

Lol! Thanks, I thought the same thing. Believe it or not I was reading his bio and if this guy were to buy into a team and it's concept then I believe that he could be one heck of a steal.

Maybe. Ive heard a lot about knee injuries. The fact he was cut in SF near the end of the season and no one put in a claim said a lot. I think he really wants to be a jet again but thats not going to happen

The problem is 'if' he buys into a team and then 'can' he perform at an adequate level. He had one really great season and the rest have been middle of the pack. He wasn't able to do much of anything in San Francisco and his last season with the Jets never made it into the end zone. On top of that, he's still on probation. I don't think it is beneficial to bring in a guy who doesn't fit your mold and is on his last legs to see if he has one passable season left in him.

If he were to buy in with what they are doing up there in Buffalo then he could be a real diamond

With emphasis on two words... "IF" and "THEN", your statement can be used as the basis in any "I've heard of him" bum that's out there that any fan wants as a Bill. What does Edwards bring to this team, besides slacker work ethic and locker room cancer? Great example for the younger guys on the team.

I know that the guy comes with baggage but I'm a sucker for a feel good story. If he were to buy in with what they are doing up there in Buffalo then he could be a real diamond because the guy has the physical attributes and measurables that we're looking for. Of course a short term, incentive laden contract would be benefitful to both parties.

He's not worth vets minimum.

1334011598[/url]' post='2433408']

He has inconsistent hands and his route running has become lazy. I don't think it has to do with buying into a system. He's made millions and now he's content. He'll probably file for bankruptcy in 7 years cuz I can't him ever getting more than the minimum again.

The problem is 'if' he buys into a team and then 'can' he perform at an adequate level. He had one really great season and the rest have been middle of the pack. He wasn't able to do much of anything in San Francisco and his last season with the Jets never made it into the end zone. On top of that, he's still on probation. I don't think it is beneficial to bring in a guy who doesn't fit your mold and is on his last legs to see if he has one passable season left in him.

I agree with all of this at this point.

What about Jerome Simpson? I know it sounds crazy at first blush but the guy only got 15 days and 3 years probation: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/05/jerome-simpson-jail-sentence-15-days_n_1407400.html At the end of the day, he's apparently not gonna be suspended for as long as you'd think because he was conviucted of drug possession not distribution. Found one source who claims it might only be 4 game suspension. Simpson is a quality, YOUNG, player who might be forced to sign an incentive-laden contract witgh plenty of protections for the team who signs him. Is he a bonehead, sure. However, with probation he's gotta be a good boy or else. Imagine Smpsdon coming in as our number 3 WR behind Stevie and Floyd in week 8 (gotta give him time to get into plying safe). Some might argue that he's a safer signing than taking a player who is coming off of serious injures... Now take your shots!

There is nothing about the thought of Braylon Edwards that makes me "feel good". First and foremost, the guy is not a good football player. He was cocky and overrated coming out of college, and has exactly 1 serviceable year of football in the NFL IMO. He may have the worst hands of any WR in the NFL. The fact that the 49ers let him go when they were absolutely desperate for WR's says it all...

Hopefully the Bills can land a much better WR in the draft.

one good year...ONE

Exactly. And that was in 2007. He's had a couple decent years mixed in as well - in 2010 he was an effective redzone guy for the Jets with 7 TDs. But nothing suggests he has the will or desire to be a top flight receiver again. Even in that 2010 Jet season he slept through games. He's still on probation for the fight with Lebron's crew and is one DUI away from a lengthy suspension and possibly prison time.

I'm not in the "character is everything" camp like others here but guys like Simpson and Edwards don't pass my personal risk/reward analysis. Especially Edwards, who looks like a bum inside and out at this point in his career.

What about Jerome Simpson? I know it sounds crazy at first blush but the guy only got 15 days and 3 years probation: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/05/jerome-simpson-jail-sentence-15-days_n_1407400.html At the end of the day, he's apparently not gonna be suspended for as long as you'd think because he was conviucted of drug possession not distribution. Found one source who claims it might only be 4 game suspension. Simpson is a quality, YOUNG, player who might be forced to sign an incentive-laden contract witgh plenty of protections for the team who signs him. Is he a bonehead, sure. However, with probation he's gotta be a good boy or else. Imagine Smpsdon coming in as our number 3 WR behind Stevie and Floyd in week 8 (gotta give him time to get into plying safe). Some might argue that he's a safer signing than taking a player who is coming off of serious injures... Now take your shots!

And the Buffalo area could always use another quality chronic distributor.

He has inconsistent hands and his route running has become lazy. I don't think it has to do with buying into a system. He's made millions and now he's content. He'll probably file for bankruptcy in 7 years cuz I can't him ever getting more than the minimum again.

Inconsistent hands? There are offensive linemen with better hands......

We can sign Braylon Edwards to be our head cheerleader. Everyone remembers his backflips against the pats in the playoffs, right?

Speaking of cheerleader, when the hell are we gonna get some hot Jills? There's maybe 2 or 3 that make you go wow...

I used to laugh at the Jets for not even having cheerleaders now their girls are hotter than ours.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz