Groomsmen gift ideas..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Interested to know the outcome of this post. What did you go with? I'm going the personal route myself and am going to buy each of them something a little different.

*Jack feel free to merge if necessary but if you could leave my thread title it would be appreciated as I'd appreciate some help with song ideas

• 8 months later...

I figured I'd bump this one since I'm looking for these gifts right now. I'm trying to do a Red Sox game a couple days before the wedding (which is in NH) and I wonder if that is enough. We've got a bunch of golfers too, so I was thinking about some Titleist hats with team logos on them specific to each person. They only to MLB and college hats though, which might cause some trouble.

Also, if I do decide to go with the tickets as gifts, I was planning on inviting a few other people to that game as well. Would it look cheesey if I pay for my groomsmen, but then ask the others to pay?

Red Sox game? You need to know how many? If only 4 or 5 more people then buy tickets. If more then let them buy.

That would be good.

When you doing this?

It's August. I've got a decent connection for tickets, so I don't picture that being too much of a problem. There will probably be 4 people who wouldn't be a part my gift portion of the tickets.

I got one (as a gift) it's glass with a plastic cap in a leather case. Zero metal.

Oh nice. I need to find one of these. Would make flying & court a lot more fun. I got the idea when I hopped on a cruise ship last week. When I got my luggage it was a box of wine & liter of rum lighter. Luckily they missed my bottle of Beam. :devil:

Oh nice. I need to find one of these. Would make flying & court a lot more fun. I got the idea when I hopped on a cruise ship last week. When I got my luggage it was a box of wine & liter of rum lighter. Luckily they missed my bottle of Beam. :devil:

The downside with flying is the flask is over 4oz. (around 6oz) So you have to check it.

I recently had a bag trashed at PDX. I called TSA and amazingly they "investigated". They found film of me

walking in the terminal, checking the bag, and the TSA screwing up a TSA lock and the bag in an inspection. The problem is

the paperwork on trying to get reimbursed. It as long as a FBI application. I gave up. I think they film luggage

movement right until it's in the airlplane hold. Next time complain. They might catch the thief.

The downside with flying is the flask is over 4oz. (around 6oz) So you have to check it.

I recently had a bag trashed at PDX. I called TSA and amazingly they "investigated". They found film of me

walking in the terminal, checking the bag, and the TSA screwing up a TSA lock and the bag in an inspection. The problem is

the paperwork on trying to get reimbursed. It as long as a FBI application. I gave up. I think they film luggage

movement right until it's in the airlplane hold. Next time complain. They might catch the thief.

It wasn't TSA. Norwegian confiscated it & gave it back when we left. They wanted to make sure I paid $7.50/drink on the boat. Fortunately I had enough Beam to get me through to the next port where I could re-up.

Edit: So as to not totally hijack the thread, might I suggest pints of high-end Bourbon; or if you're well within the resources & have friends that would appreciate the gesture, matching engraved revolvers.

Edited by Rob's House

Alcohol is an issue for one person in my party, so that idea is out. That's part of the hassle with thinking up ideas for this stuff. Flasks are just about the only suggestion that ever comes up.

I figured I'd bump this one since I'm looking for these gifts right now. I'm trying to do a Red Sox game a couple days before the wedding (which is in NH) and I wonder if that is enough. We've got a bunch of golfers too, so I was thinking about some Titleist hats with team logos on them specific to each person. They only to MLB and college hats though, which might cause some trouble.

Also, if I do decide to go with the tickets as gifts, I was planning on inviting a few other people to that game as well. Would it look cheesey if I pay for my groomsmen, but then ask the others to pay?

Get them something useful... Sporting events are so fleeting.

Red Sox... That is so brutal... You knew that was coming. ;-) ;-)

Anyway... Yes, it would look cheesy. Especially if the attending party is sitting all over the place! You know how trendy those Red Sox games get... :-P

I say Gerber Multi-Tools or Leathermans... Have them engraved... They can throw them in the car, tackle box, or what not. They can think of you when they break down or have an emergency or catch that big fish... OR get arrested because they accidentally carried it through the airport metal detector!

My groomsmen and I are now spread from Chicago to Boston to Jersey, Philadelphia and back to Western PA--but we still share golf in common (first annual destination trip upcoming).

So I got them all golf implements monogrammed repair tools, towels and personalized tees + a bottle of booze from the distillery we toured for my bachelor weekend. Good times.

On a related note, I tied the knot back in October, shortly before I took a brief hike from TBD, never really mentioned it around here, here's me and the lucky lady:

http://i.imgur.com/HkV3cTLl.jpg