Chargers sign Roscoe Parrish

Hearing supposed Bills fans hating on Roscoe is really pretty sad. The guy gave his all and made a hell of a lot of plays. It's really his fault he was injury prone, and misused by an ignorant coaching staff.

Good luck Roscoe.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised at the "you were a player, we will miss you" comments. Not that he didn't have potential, but he did very very little for this team. I am glad to see the Bills move on from players like this. We give guys like Roscoe way too long to contribute. He will most likely get injured again this year.

um this.

Thank god he's gone. The scrub couldn't play more than 4 freaking games a year. I'm all for boating the scrubs. Especially ones that weight 170lbs and play pro football.

Maybe the warm weather will help him stay healthy.

Good luck in SD, Roscoe. I'll never forget the opening offensive play of the Jets' game at Rich when you housed an Edwards' swing pass. That was awesome.

I'll never forget opening day vs. Seahawks. Camera angle from above the scoreboard. He fields a punt and goes left. After a few steps, he cuts on a dime and goes right. Cue 11 Seahawk players running straight to Southwestern & Abbott while Roscoe is on his way to Big Tree.

I had that play in my VCR until I switched carriers.

I liked watching Roscoe, and every so often he'd make your jaw drop when he'd do something spectacular on the football field.

youtube.com/watch?v=BShhY9fZuD8

Go to 1:40

man thats sucked to watch :wallbash: lets hope those days are gone and how many td plays did u see whitner in? glad he is gone and SF is hoping they get that r. moss

Good luck in SD, Roscoe. I'll never forget the opening offensive play of the Jets' game at Rich when you housed an Edwards' swing pass. That was awesome.

here is a great pic on him laying out to catch a bomb that was over thrown, i hope for the best for him

post-14566-068132000 1333520277_thumb.jpg

I'm glad he is gone, but I have plenty of respect for his play. He was a disappointment, but it was never for a lack of trying. Unfortunately, he is the kind of guy that plays bigger than his body will allow, but to blame him seems a bit callous.

Rivers might maximize his potential, and hopefully he is able to remain healthy. The warmer weather could help.

I liked watching Roscoe, and every so often he'd make your jaw drop when he'd do something spectacular on the football field.

youtube.com/watch?v=BShhY9fZuD8

Go to 1:40

Brutal!

That brang back way too many memories of a stagnant offense and a defense that couldn't stop much.

I'm surprised at the "you were a player, we will miss you" comments. Not that he didn't have potential, but he did very very little for this team. I am glad to see the Bills move on from players like this. We give guys like Roscoe way too long to contribute. He will most likely get injured again this year.

He owns several franchise records as a punt returner actually...

Parrish Stats

CAREER:

Ranks fourth on the NFL’s all-time punt return average list – 12.25

First NFL player to lead the league in punt return average in consecutive seasons – 2007 (16.3) & 2008 (15.3)

Holds the following Bills punt return records

Punt return average – career: 12.25

Punt return average – season: 16.3 (2007)

Most punt return yards – career: 1,445

Most punt return yards – season: 440 (2007)

Most punt return yards – game: 120 (vs. Seattle, 9/7/08)

Since entering the NFL in 2005, he has 27 punt returns of 20-plus yards. Only Chicago’s Devin Hester has produced more in that time span.

In 2007, was the only player in the NFL with a touchdown rush, reception and return that season and became the second Bill (XXXXXX) in team history to achieve the feat.

First player in NFL history to post punt return touchdowns in back-to-back Kickoff Weekend games – 63-yard punt return vs. Seattle (9/7/08); 74-yard punt return touchdown vs. Denver (9/9/07).

The above quote doesn't mention that he's also tied with Keith Moody for most punt return TDs in Bills history (both have 3 TDs)..

He was a very good punt returner whose career as a WR was essentially ruined by the laughably bad coaching, OLine, and QB play that has been so much a part of this team for so very long. I'm not sure there's a WR that could overcome Dick Jauron/Trent Edwards/JP Losman/Tom Clement/Steve Fairchild. Saying Roscoe "didn't contribute" is actually pretty funny when all the factors are considered.

Just because you have a ton of posts doesn't make you right. Roscoe wasn't that good. I find it funny you cling to what could have been as if it were.

IIRC - Or the muff / fumble on a kickoff that allowed the Putrids to score late in the 4th QTR to come from behind to beat the Bills in Foxboro!

Yes, Roscoe has done some good, but he has had too many ups and downs to go with his injuries. Only 10 games in the last 2 seasons!!!! ???

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8469/roscoe-parrish

I repeat what some others have said - Good Luck in SD.