Tebow vs Brad Smith. Who's a better Wildcat QB?

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a better QB in Wildcat formation?

• Tim Tebow
    • Brad Smith

So Rex Ryan is talking about using Wildcat 20x per game with Tebow. Not sure if I'll get attacked for this but here goes: I think Brad Smith has proven to be a more successful Wildcat QB in the NFL. Last year Brad was used 20 times at QB, he had 7 1st downs and 1 TD and he showed an excellent ability to find a softspot in the D-line and pick up crucial short yardage. Tebows stats are harder to decipher, since he was a starting QB, and not usually in Wildcat, but he had 6 fumbles and his biggest run of the year (against the Jets) was blatant holding in the End Zone. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything so great out of Tebow that would warrant using him 20 times per game. Although, I would love to see Brad Smith used about 3-5 times per game for short yardage and goalline situations. Perhaps Tebow will have some success, but not against the Bills. If he couldn't get by Kelsay, he'll have a heck of a time going against Mario. Thoughts?

I got to go with Tebow.

If he is used like he was his freshman year at Fla when Leak was there, he could be a game changer. It will be up to the Jets O Cord to figure out when/how to use him. Sanchez will also have to be 'babied' in this process. Not something i see Rex doing well. I mean i see him trying at first, then getting pissed if Sanchez pouts.

Should make for a very intersting year for the Jets fans. And if it doesn't go smoothly, which i do not think it will in the long run, fun for us Bills fans to watch.

I don't like Tebow as a QB in general, but running the "wildcat" is exactly what he is made for. He doesn't have enough accuracy or the good decision making of a starting QB, but he can throw plenty well enough out of that formation. He can obviously run.

Smith is fast, and a threat out of that formation. But my grandmother could throw better left handed than Smith, and she's dead...

IMO, that formation is far more dangerous when you keep some sort of passing threat alive.

Smith won't throw it based on what I've seen so there's only one answer.

More like Smith can't throw, so he's not allowed to throw it.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Smith won't throw it based on what I've seen so there's only one answer.

Well, he did throw that nice INT. Sure, it was a pick, but it was also a nice spiral. I think Tebow might actually be better if he gave up on throwing.

My biggest concern is that Chan won't allow the Wildcat anymore, because it was too successful. (gotta keep it under wraps) Though, it would be really smart to at least PRACTICE it, since they'll face it 40 TIMES per year, based on Rex's comments.

Which one has National Championships, Heisman trophy/nominations, and has won an NFL playoff game at QB?

I'll go with that one.

Since when do collegiate titles and Heisman trophies even remotely predict future NFL success?

Since Smith has become a Bill. I don't know if he's good at anything. He showed zero last year. As a kick returner he was terrible.

One thing for sure he could not have lead a team to the playoffs and a playoff win.

We need to trade this guy before his value is 0 b/c there isn't a spot on this team for him.

Tebow is gonna be a better wildcat.....but won necessarily be better for his team

It will be interesting to see how all of this affects Mark Sanchez.....and its not like Bills fans will be changing for Smith to go to QB if Fitz has a bad game....:)

Smith needs to run some wildcat and play wide out.....let Justin Rogers handle the return duties please