CJ and Choice in, Fred out...?

Have you lost your mind? Look at how many games we won when Freddie was on the field and then count the games we won after he got hurt. Fred J is way better than Spiller or Choice.

Our W/L is not all attributed to the loss of Freddie. Jackson went down in game 9. We were already 5-4 by then.The loss of Wood, Kyle Williams, Jackson and Bell together was far more damaging than anything else.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see Buddy dealing the 10th and Fred to move up..Go Bills.

If I could....the bounty thing: I get/know it's politically incorrect but where any penalties called on any of the hits? I'm thinking to myself, wasn't it great when Bruce would knock out Marino or Elway or Ryan, we all cheered, isn't that still part of the game. What about Philly fans cheering the Irvin hit, how about Jack Tatum, Rod Woodson helmet to helmet on Kelly? "Bounty" makes it sound like Tony Soprano was coaching.

I don't see this happening by any means, it wouldn't benefit the Bills in any way.

Fred is not going anywhere. I am thankful that he is worth more to the Bills than anyone else. The man brings his A game every Sunday and has significantly played better year after year. What amuses me the most is that the fans that think he has peaked are not basing it at all on his seasonal progress but on assumptions and cliches. All the cool things he brings to the table right now were absent just a few years ago. When he first came to the team he had but one attribute, physical downhill running. His blitz pickup was garbage and he had inconsistent hands receiving out of the backfield. Look at him now. That's just straight up hard work. If someone could show me how he has not been significantly better from year to year I would appreciate it. Maybe I'm just crazy. :beer:

I agree that he's improved quite a bit in some of those areas but he wasn't just a downhill guy. He could get to the corner and turn it upfield pretty well even when he was first on the team. And for the record, I know anything is possible with NFL roster moves, but Nix is not Tom Donahoe. Buddy understands team chemistry and leadership and the value that hardworking productive team-players bring to a squad.

Letting Fred Jackson go would crush this team in so many ways. It's the last thing in the world we will do and it's not just because it takes two good running backs to be a great team.

There is no market for Freddie. His value to us is much higher than it is to anyone else. I was trying to figure out what team would need an older RB that had a win now mentality. Baltimore to compliment Ray Rice? Arizona? I doubt they would give anything more than a fourth round pick for him. In the end hopefully Nix extends him for another three years at a reasonable cost. However if it truly made a difference in their ability to resign Wood, Levitre, and Byrd I would make Freddie play out his last year and let him walk. The other three are much more important to the long term future of the franchise.

Green Bay would love to have Freddy. That offense would be unreal with a good healthy back that can do everything

I agree that he's improved quite a bit in some of those areas but he wasn't just a downhill guy. He could get to the corner and turn it upfield pretty well even when he was first on the team. And for the record, I know anything is possible with NFL roster moves, but Nix is not Tom Donahoe. Buddy understands team chemistry and leadership and the value that hardworking productive team-players bring to a squad.

Letting Fred Jackson go would crush this team in so many ways. It's the last thing in the world we will do and it's not just because it takes two good running backs to be a great team.

I believe the same comments where made about Lee last year. I hope your right and Freddy brings more to the team than Evans did, but there are some similarities, a productive aging vet with a promising youngster in the wake.

IMHO if we don't retain Freddy then all of our new acquisitions are for nothing, our defense gets that much better and our offense just took a huge blow. With an entire off season there is so much more we can install into our offense with Fred, a wildcat like Miami had with Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown, Formations with Freddy and CJ in the Backfield, motion plays, miss directions etc....I believe not having an entire off season last year limited some of the packages we could through in during the season.

You could? Why is that? Bc buddy has a history of trading up? I'm amazed at how many people continue to think Buddy might trade up when he has repeatedly said he doesn't like to do that

What's wrong with having 3 capable backs on the roster? why do people think there is always an agenda for every move the Bills make.

It would be awesome if the Bills had three capable backs on the roster. They don't (unless you count McIntyre, which is possible). Jackson and Spiller are capable. A Tashard Choice is no choice at all.