TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

This is what annoys me; Good on Tebow for that final drive, but the Broncos' defense should be getting 95% of the credit. And yet, you don't hear a peep about them. From an objective standpoint, they saved Tebow's bacon. That winning drive could have very well been meaningless. And no, I'm not being anti-Tebow here. It's just that the Denver offense did NOTHING with the ball all game, so to be in a position where the lead was even attainable was a near miracle given how often they punted away to the Jets.

Look at the way the Broncos have been winning. Why aren't people saying "The Denver defense just wins games"?

This.

The guy sucks **** all game long and does his job on the final drive and he's God? whatever. The D kicked ass and almost scored as many points as O. The Denver Broncos won this game, lead by their D.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from ProFootballtalk and I agree completely

Von Miller had 10 tackles, four quarterback hits, three tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks, and a pass defensed on Thursday night. He did not let the Jets passing game operate, and he was disruptive in the run game.

We’d call this a breakout game, but Miller has been a star from day one. He has 9.5 sacks on the season. He has been a consistent force and continues to get better.

The Broncos defense started the season out as a terrible group, but they have allowed only 30 points in the last ten quarters. That’s why the Broncos season has turned around, and Miller is the key.

Just give the guy the Defensive Rookie of the Year award now. Aldon Smith has been great, but he’s not nearly as complete as Miller. (He also doesn’t play as much.) J.J. Watt is solid, but not as spectacular. Patrick Peterson may one day be a true shutdown cornerback; Miller is one of the very best pass rushers in football.

Tebow is a great story. Miller is already a great player.

The comments on this ESPN board on the Legend of Tebow are hilarious.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/35668/the-legend-of-tim-tebow-grows

One commenter noted that Elway looked pissed when Tebow won the game. I was thinking the exact same thing.

He looked happy to me clapping his butt off :rolleyes:

Tim Tebow’s number is 15 because that’s how many players it takes to tackle him.

they should change his number to 51.

Tebow has desire.... but he sucks so bad. Mommentum will catch up to him

or

Tebow wins this years superbowl

the latter in a repeat of the 97 superbowl

This is what annoys me; Good on Tebow for that final drive, but the Broncos' defense should be getting 95% of the credit. And yet, you don't hear a peep about them. From an objective standpoint, they saved Tebow's bacon. That winning drive could have very well been meaningless. And no, I'm not being anti-Tebow here. It's just that the Denver offense did NOTHING with the ball all game, so to be in a position where the lead was even attainable was a near miracle given how often they punted away to the Jets.

Look at the way the Broncos have been winning. Why aren't people saying "The Denver defense just wins games"?

true but Tebow wars are more fun.

If at first you don’t succeed, you’re not Tim Tebow.

dude you crack me up :thumbsup:

This is probably somewhere on these 23 pages, but I have to say Tebow, love him or hate him, is exactly what the league loves, especially in light of his horrendous-I-can't-hit-an-open-receiver-if-my-life-depends-on-it-but-dammit-I-win-games-and-love-Jesus persona.

Hats off to the Denver D for consistently putting him in the position to win the past few weeks. Wish ours would do the same.

Denver Broncos wide receiver Eddie Royal, fresh off Thursday's 17-13 victory over the New York Jets, looked at me in all seriousness and said, "I don't know what it is about that guy, but he makes it happen. I love that guy." That guy, of course, is quarterback Tim Tebow.

I love Tim Tebow," said rookie linebacker Von Miller, whose emphatically making his case for defensive rookie of the year. "You'll never get a bad comment out of me -- ever. No matter how many interceptions he throws, no matter how many touchdowns he scores, he's the man. He's a great quarterback. The definition of a quarterback doesn't mean you have to throw for 400 yards a game. "Just manage the game. Tim Tebow manages the game well and puts us in great situations to win."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82440faa/article/winning-is-the-only-reason-broncos-need-to-believe-in-tebow?module=HP11_cp

Here is what I dont get - why do people care if the QB runs teh ball instead of passing it? Its not like he isnt gaining yards when he runs. So what if Tebow would be skrewed in a 'normal NFL offense' Tom Brady would be Skrewed in 'Tim Tebow's offence'

Combine his passing stats with his running stats (and attempts) and you get 17-28 for 172 and a TD. Not spectacular but good enough to win a game. Plus, I counted 4-5 passes that were very good throws that his WRs just didnt catch. Give him those and he is well over 65% completion, relative to a QB who never runs.

I also think they need to loose up with Tebow. When he is in the 2 minute O he marchs right down the field every time. Let him free already, he is handcuffed for the first 55 mins.

Combine his passing stats with his running stats (and attempts) and you get 17-28 for 172 and a TD. Not spectacular but good enough to win a game. Plus, I counted 4-5 passes that were very good throws that his WRs just didnt catch. Give him those and he is well over 65% completion, relative to a QB who never runs.

Yeah, Tim Tebow is very accurate if you include all of his rushes as completed passes. :unsure:

Point is, for the offense he runs, he doesnt need to be Brady-accurate. They get yards other ways.

Tebow is a nice story but it's still early and he has yet to beat a good team. If he is still pulling games out his butt next season then you might have something.

PTR

and Yards do not equal Points. only stat that matters is the score at the end of the game.

They do correlate very closely. You don't move the ball, you don't score. Denver's defense has been winning them games, and Tebow has chipped in with timely plays. Good for him. Any young QB who shows that sort of poise can't be written off. I still need proof that he can move the ball consistently.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

They do correlate very closely. You don't move the ball, you don't score. Denver's defense has been winning them games, and Tebow has chipped in with timely plays.

I'm on record as a Tebow fan. I think he's a great guy. But you can't deny that the story SHOULD be Von Miller and the Broncos D. They've stepped up their game. I give credit to Tebow for not making mistakes and messing it all up, but the Denver offense has been stagnant with Tebow under center.

I can agree with that. Im not giving Tebow all (or even most) of the credit for the wins. But he does bring something to the field that gives them an extra spark that they just didnt have under Orton. Teams need that.

Similarly, I believe it's what Merriman brought to our team that we have been missing for the past few weeks. Even if he wasn't putting up numbers, he brought an intensity that caused our other players to step up. Since he's been out, we've been pretty flat.

I can agree with that. Im not giving Tebow all (or even most) of the credit for the wins. But he does bring something to the field that gives them an extra spark that they just didnt have under Orton. Teams need that.

Similarly, I believe it's what Merriman brought to our team that we have been missing for the past few weeks. Even if he wasn't putting up numbers, he brought an intensity that caused our other players to step up. Since he's been out, we've been pretty flat.

+1

I believe in intangibles. I don't weight them as heavily as some, but I think a winning attitude, the spark, plays a role. The only thing I've ever objected to is that the media tends to forget Tebow's teammates (and that includes all the other impressive young men at UF).

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

+1

I believe in intangibles. I don't weight them as heavily as some, but I think a winning attitude, the spark, plays a role. The only thing I've ever objected to is that the media tends to forget Tebow's teammates (and that includes all the other impressive young men at UF).

+2

Also motivation and a belief that you can win no matter what the odds or the score. Something the team had early in the season but has disappeared. Dropped passes, dropped interceptions, bone headed penalties, missed tackles and on and on and on.

They do correlate very closely. You don't move the ball, you don't score. Denver's defense has been winning them games, and Tebow has chipped in with timely plays. Good for him. Any young QB who shows that sort of poise can't be written off. I still need proof that he can move the ball consistently.

Hasn't he led them on game winning drives in several of these past 5 wins?