TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

I dont get why people seem to hate Tebow the person. I mean calling him Tebag and all- why? Its not like he is out murdering, beating dogs, dealing drugs, raping, or having 10 kids with 8 woman like so many other athletes.

Instead this guy is super nice and starts orphanages. but I mean he throws kinda funny and talks about Jesus, what a total A hole....

Edited by Thoner7

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get why people seem to hate Tebow the person. I mean calling him Tebag and all- why? Its not like he is out murdering, beating dogs, dealing drugs, raping, or having 10 kids with 8 woman like so many other athletes.

Instead this guy is super nice and starts orphanages. but I mean he throws kinda funny and talks about Jesus, what a total A hole....

Now you got it!

yeah because Tebow sucked at running the spread in college :oops::thumbdown::doh:

Key words in your response "in college' The NFL ain't College Teblow head!!! :wallbash: The NFL landscape is littered with college QBs that won the Heisman and had crap professional careers....Teblow will be next......He's a great guy with outstanding intangibles....but he will never ever be a quality QB on the NFL level!!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Then why do players get drafted?

Teblow's college game doesn't project to a successful NFL career and because Josh McDaniels was an idiot that was somehow smitten....He messed the Broncos up for years with his alienation/trading of established players like Cutler and Marshall. Then he compounded that by drafting Teblow with a 1st round pick.

Maybe Teblow should have been drafted, but certainly not that high....He's a project QB and the Broncos reached big time for him.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Key words in your response "in college' The NFL ain't College Teblow head!!! :wallbash: The NFL landscape is littered with college QBs that won the Heisman and had crap professional careers....Teblow will be next......He's a great guy with outstanding intangibles....but he will never ever be a quality QB on the NFL level!!

The NFL is also littered with guys that had great college careers and went on to become stars. So what?

You can predict what you want, but only time will tell. And so far, in his very limited play, Tebow looks good enough. Much better at least than when all his detractors were saying "He's a part time H-back, at best!". He has already proven you guys wrong once. Let's see what else the kid can do...

Tebow's college game doesn't project to a successful NFL career

That's your "expert" opinion. I also edited out the grade school level cheap shots on his name.

Good luck in your hopes for the failure of others!

And 26Corner, you better start cheering for him. It looks like he's going to get his first start after the bye against the DOLPHINS!! Go Tim!!

Edited by DrDareustein

I couldn't agree with you more. By all accounts, he's a good guy and I hope he does well in the NFL.

However, I'm really glad he's not a Bill. For whatever reason, Tebow is just a very polarizing individual. Look at this thread - and he's not even on our team. That's the last thing this team needed or needs is more polarizing players that divide the team and fan base, intentionally or not. I lived through the Flutie years and Tebow has the potential to be twice the lightning rod he ever was! Who needs it?

I hate scrambling QB's so aggravating to watch, think your D has them and woops their he goes grrr.

Tebow is not a scrambler. Most of his runs are by design. He is a running quarterback. And his passing issues are dramatically overstated. He was precise and methodical in the passing game at Florida. There is NO reason to think he won't still be that.

He was precise and methodical in the passing game at Florida. There is NO reason to think he won't still be that.

If you think that you have zero idea what the issue is with him, and why his serious critics think he will have a tough time in the NFL. There is a ton of reason why he won't still be like that. It has nothing to do with his accuracy in college. His senior year he was extremely accurate.

The NFL is not college...But we are talking about the most prolific PASSER in NCAA HISTORY, and by a very wide margin. I'm sick of all the Tebow hate, and I am thoroughly looking forward to rubbing everyone's face who jumped on the anti-Tebow bandwagon in it for a long long time.

Look up Tebow's passing statistics...even Peyton Manning, even Andrew Luck have to bow down to him. Was his college career a function of the system he played in? Perhaps in part. But you simply cannot ignore the fact that even against the greatest collegiate spread passers of all time, Tebow stands as a giant among them.

If you think that you have zero idea what the issue is with him, and why his serious critics think he will have a tough time in the NFL. There is a ton of reason why he won't still be like that. It has nothing to do with his accuracy in college. His senior year he was extremely accurate.

Such as?

Or do you just want to post a bunch of garbage and not even offer any kind of supporting statement?

Such as?

Or do you just want to post a bunch of garbage and not even offer any kind of supporting statement?

I have posted it here on this board at least a dozen times already. It has to do with his throwing motion. If you watched the game yesterday, the game announcers even said it about five times. He cannot throw the way he did in college and get away with it in the NFL because of the speed of the defensive players. That is why they have tried (in vain) to change his throwing motion twice already since he was drafted, and it's not working. He's actually become less accurate since college because he's trying to learn a new way to throw, but then when he gets in the games he reverts back to his instincts and it screws him up, because it's neither his old effective college way, nor the new pro way. He was horribly inaccurate in training camp, pre-season, and yesterday. I saw the entire game.

The NFL is not college...But we are talking about the most prolific PASSER in NCAA HISTORY, and by a very wide margin. I'm sick of all the Tebow hate, and I am thoroughly looking forward to rubbing everyone's face who jumped on the anti-Tebow bandwagon in it for a long long time.

Look up Tebow's passing statistics...even Peyton Manning, even Andrew Luck have to bow down to him. Was his college career a function of the system he played in? Perhaps in part. But you simply cannot ignore the fact that even against the greatest collegiate spread passers of all time, Tebow stands as a giant among them.

Such as?

Stop quoting his college statistics...They are meaningless!!! I repeat meaningless!!! Ty Detmer was a prolific record setting Heisman award winning college QB too...didn't mean didly poo!!! He was an NFL journeyman. You Teblow heads keep quoting his college accomplishments because that's all you have....Give a compelling argument and line of reasoning why his skill set translates to that of a successful NFL QB...bet none of you can w/o quoting meaningless college stats!!! I'll be waiting.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32644346

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Tebow already Better than Rodgers

Under the Total QBR, Tim Tebow performed better on Sunday than Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers, whose Packers won at the Georgia Dome, completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns. His Total QBR was 82.1.

Tebow, whose Broncos lost at home to the Chargers, completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown. And he ran the ball six times for 38 yards and a touchdown. And his Total QBR was 83.2.

Yawn, Fitz throws suck too, I guess we should cut him now.

I have posted it here on this board at least a dozen times already. It has to do with his throwing motion. If you watched the game yesterday, the game announcers even said it about five times. He cannot throw the way he did in college and get away with it in the NFL because of the speed of the defensive players. That is why they have tried (in vain) to change his throwing motion twice already since he was drafted, and it's not working. He's actually become less accurate since college because he's trying to learn a new way to throw, but then when he gets in the games he reverts back to his instincts and it screws him up, because it's neither his old effective college way, nor the new pro way. He was horribly inaccurate in training camp, pre-season, and yesterday. I saw the entire game.

They need to leave his throwing motion alone that is why he is having some accuracy issues at this level. You ever see Vick's throwing motion he whips that thing like a baseball. The only thing Tebow needs to change is lowering the ball too much before he throws. Other than that the way he throws it is the way he throws and tampering with it will just stunt his growth more.