Demetrius Bell - Now an Eagle

Who is Bell's agent? Is it an experienced guy, or a noob trying to make a name for himself? That could reveal a lot.

This might be the source of the problem. The agent. good eye e!

But for us, our whole landscape would change if we brought back Bell. Give us alot of freedom and a reasonable amount of security heading into the draft.

Demetrius could still be a long term starter for us. maybe. and someone should tell his agent that we are his best opportunity for that right now. Buddy is fair guy, so take our short term incentive laden contract and get to down work Mr. Bell. If you can play football you will have an opportunity here.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what Gailey said last Tuesday at the owners meetings

Yeah, when he said the 'we've been talkin gto him all along' i kinda inferred he meant Nix. that is my bad.

And yes i do think it helps the Bills the longer he sits there unsigned.

I was worried that some team was going to offer him a huge deal because of his age and potential. But it looks like teams have gotten smarter and not willing to throw a ton of money at an oft injured Olineman. Especially when the latest injury directly correlates with him being not the strongest guy.

Bell will probably sign a one or two year deal, heavy on incentives for staying active on the roster. If he does so then he gets his big payday after that one.

The only other thing they, him and his agent, could be thinking is lets see who gets injured. If he is unsigned by draft maybe he decides to see what happens with ota and mini camps.

Wanna bet if bell doesn't get a deal before the draft he comes back to buffalo with a counter offer?

He'd be a fool to wait until after the draft. His decision will likely come in the next few days.

Thought I saw Jason Peters tore an ACH today. I would think the Eagles are on the phone with Bells agent and while he may have overvalued himself, that may be a team he has some leverage on now as a result.

Edited by beerme1

Thought I saw Jason Peters tore an ACH today. I would think the Eagles are on the phone with Bells agent and while he may have overvalued himself, that may be a team he has some leverage on now as a result.

Um, yup. They were more than on the phone with him, they flew him out over the weekend. BUT, he left town today/yesterday(?) without a deal. Rumor is that they only offered a 1 year deal.

Dude, that's so 5 days ago.

Wanna bet if bell doesn't get a deal before the draft he comes back to buffalo with a counter offer?

Not a very risky bet, since his agent said two days ago (after Philly sent him away w/out a deal) that they'd try to get a contract done with some team this week

What a whiny article. The writer will be unemployed long before Bell is. Bell clearly has a standing offer from the Bills (Nix is pretty blunt when he's moved on from someone), and is trying to get either more money or a promise to start/show-case himself.

We need to draft a OT not Bell he sucks and gets hurt every year

Like 2010 when he started all 16 games? ;)

It's football...It's a tough sport...His injuries are bringing his market value down...Not the quality of his play, or lack thereof...If he stayed healthy there's no way the Bills could afford to re-sign him...He's not a Pro Bowl LT...But he does not suck...He's relatively young, and definitely a good enough athlete to start for a few Teams at LT...

Just saying... B-)

What a whiny article. The writer will be unemployed long before Bell is. Bell clearly has a standing offer from the Bills (Nix is pretty blunt when he's moved on from someone), and is trying to get either more money or a promise to start/show-case himself.

I must be missing the 'whiny' part of that article. It sounds pretty straight up to me. If Bell was worth what he was asking, he'd have signed a contract by now.

If Bell wants to wait it out and hope one of those teams decides to pay his price, that's his business. But I agree that he will find his opportunities limited even further after teams address the position in the draft.

I must be missing the 'whiny' part of that article. It sounds pretty straight up to me. If Bell was worth what he was asking, he'd have signed a contract by now.

If Bell wants to wait it out and hope one of those teams decides to pay his price, that's his business. But I agree that he will find his opportunities limited even further after teams address the position in the draft.

Sounds like sour grapes that Bell isn't taking the Cardinals' offer. The writer says Bell would be an upgrade over the guy who signed a $30m contract then whines that Bell is asking for too much. Bell is in a unique situation. If he could stay healthy, he'd be a wealthy man who'd never have to worry about money again. I don't be-grudge him for trying to find a team whose gonna over-look the injuries and pay him.

Sounds like sour grapes that Bell isn't taking the Cardinals' offer. The writer says Bell would be an upgrade over the guy who signed a $30m contract then whines that Bell is asking for too much. Bell is in a unique situation. If he could stay healthy, he'd be a wealthy man who'd never have to worry about money again. I don't be-grudge him for trying to find a team whose gonna over-look the injuries and pay him.

I really don't either - but if Dan Snyder's not gonna overpay, who the heck is? (Do Bell and his agent realize that Al Davis died last year?)

I also thought the writer comes off a bit snotty about Bell. While it's not clear, I think the writer is inferring Bell would be moved to right tackle (over Brandon Keith). From the article:

"Bell would be an upgrade over the Levi Brown/Brandon Keith tackle combo."

So the writer probably feels Bell should be asking for starting RT money instead of starting LT.

Edited by GaryPinC

So the writer probably feels Bell should be asking for starting RT money instead of starting LT.

That's what other articles stated as well, apparently teams are offering him RT starter money with the idea of having a solid backup at LT. Surprises me somewhat unless RT is a position that is less injury prone. He clearly has shown last year that he can be a starter caliber LT; 0.5 sack allowed in what was it 6 games?