My take on the 2012-2013 Chris Kelsay

Living here in the Pittsburgh area, Kelsay is in the situation to become the Steelers Gregg LLoyd back in the 90's

He never had big numbers until Kirkland and Kevin Greene arrived in Pittsburgh.

Kelsay can make a play here and there, I think the guy could become a Bryce Paup type player with the people around him

Living here in the Pittsburgh area, Kelsay is in the situation to become the Steelers Gregg LLoyd back in the 90's

Kelsay can make a play here and there, I think the guy could become a Bryce Paup type player with the people around him

It's a little late for him to develop into that type of player considering he is 32 years old and in his 10th season.

It's a little late for him to develop into that type of player considering he is 32 years old and in his 10th season.

Thats true man, I met Chris and he is a really nice guy. Spent time with my kids throwing ball and we didnt even ask him to. I would like to see great things from him and there is a chance here he can shine. Even if its comming off the bench.

He our best all around DE outside of Mario Williams. Anderson is a pass rush guy, and Merriman is a big question mark. Playing with a healthy Kyle and Mario on the other side is just going to make opportunities for him.

I predict he'll have a good year if he gets a lot of snaps, if not he'll make good plays as part of a talented rotation of players. :)

This is going to be tough for me to say. And, if you look at any of my previous posts, you'll see that I am as big a Kelsay basher as they come. When he signed that extension, I nearly lost it.

However, down the stretch last year, Kelsay was one of the best defensive players we had on the field. I'm swallowing a huge bitter pill saying this, but it's true.

I actually am on board for the Bills keeping him to see what he does on that line. When playing his natural position, with those guys to take up coverage, I'm hoping to see Kelsay perform in a way that validates the FO faith in him.

And one thing I think everyone can agree on. People don't like Kelsay because he gets paid well and we feel we don't see the performance. Clearly his teammates and the FO love him, so it's not personal. We, as fans, just want to see on the field.

I think we might this year

He our best all around DE outside of Mario Williams. Anderson is a pass rush guy, and Merriman is a big question mark. Playing with a healthy Kyle and Mario on the other side is just going to make opportunities for him.

I predict he'll have a good year if he gets a lot of snaps, if not he'll make good plays as part of a talented rotation of players. :)

Kelsay has always performed better when he is surrounded by talent. I agree I think he is actually going to have a breakout year providing he gets the snaps of course.

My crystal ball says, Kelsey will see time on first downs and situations were they think the other team will run. The over/under on his sack totals are at 3. He will first have to beat out Kyle Moore, which might be more difficult than first thought.

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

This is funny!!! Bryce Paup!!!

Go Bills!!!!

Think of Ronnie Harmon against the Browns in the 1989 playoffs..

Then think of Lee Evans against the Patriots in last year's AFC Championship game.

Now think of Chris Kelsay on the Bills in a playoff game.

Bad things, man.... bad things.

Totally agree. He will have at least 6 sacks this year while being solid against he run.

Bryce Paup was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

C'mon, please.....

such a kidder...

Kelsay's saving grace is his durability and his consistency. He is a guy who gets 3-6 sacks per year and 30-40 tackles. He's 1/2 the player of an All-Pro making him a dependable bookend on our dline. Kelsay should rebound returning to the 4-3.

Think of Ronnie Harmon against the Browns in the 1989 playoffs..

Then think of Lee Evans against the Patriots in last year's AFC Championship game.

Now think of Chris Kelsay on the Bills in a playoff game.

Bad things, man.... bad things.

As good as this offseason has looked so far, I will have lost faith in this organization long before he has a chance to drop a pass in the playoffs if the Bills move Kelsay to receiver.