DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In keeping with my irrational and unhealthy desire to not only sweep NE* for the next 20 games - but to completely, utterly DOMINATE AND HUMILIATE them* - I give a resounding...

HELL YEAH!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Is anyone else starting to worry if there will be decent money left in the pot for FredEx?

There was an (unsubstantiated) report earlier today on another board with a poster who twice said he has very reliable info that Anderson checked into a Buffalo hotel this morning.

ESPN is reporting that he checked-out of that hotel at 2 PM. Luke Russert's mom retweeted it.

The Pats depth chart lists Anderson as the starting RDE on their Base 3-4 and the backup RDE in their base 4-3

He played back-up most of the year but was a situational pass rusher as a 4-3 DE. But since the Pats scored so many points and other teams had to pass to catch up or keep up, he was on the field a lot to rush the passer. Late in the season and in the playoffs the Pats switched to more of a base 3-4 and he started I think at OLB in the 3-4, but in the Merriman role of rushing most plays, and was very effective. I read some history on him where it says he's much better in the situational pass rusher role, which is likely how we would use him too.

The Pats depth chart lists Anderson as the starting RDE on their Base 3-4 and the backup RDE in their base 4-3

That's odd. You'd figure it would be the other way around.

;) I wonder what that was all about. A friend of mine from high school co-owns The Mansion and said Mario stayed there both nights.

Bad info. Some dude who posts here has a GF who works there and said he was there both nights and not to worry. I guess ESPN/PFT/Schefter/LaCanfora/etc. don't know your bud OR that dude's GF. ;)

He played back-up most of the year but was a situational pass rusher as a 4-3 DE. But since the Pats scored so many points and other teams had to pass to catch up or keep up, he was on the field a lot to rush the passer. Late in the season and in the playoffs the Pats switched to more of a base 3-4 and he started I think at OLB in the 3-4, but in the Merriman role of rushing most plays, and was very effective. I read some history on him where it says he's much better in the situational pass rusher role, which is likely how we would use him too.

If he were to sign with the Bills, sharing a DL with the Williams bros and Dareus would mean Anderson would see significantly less attention, which would make him more dangerous and keep him healthier. I'm thinking they should take the gamble and sign him.

Bad info. Some dude who posts here has a GF who works there and said he was there both nights and not to worry. I guess ESPN/PFT/Schefter/LaCanfora/etc. don't know your bud OR that dude's GF. ;)

Yeah but it was Russert's mother who was the one who said she was there and saw him checking out. It's possible that they moved him to a different room I guess. Not that it matters one bit.

Yeah but it was Russert's mother who was the one who said she was there and saw him checking out. It's possible that they moved him to a different room I guess. Not that it matters one bit.

I have no idea was Luke's mom was seeing. Although I suspect she was the informant for the "experts."

Here's an article on his free agency possibilities now that Wimbley is signed:

UPDATE: Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union reports the Jaguars also have interest in Anderson, but have yet to schedule a free agent visit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/interest-heats-up-in-free-agent-pass-rusher-mark-anderson/

Edited by Joe Miner