Sign Roscoe Parrish, he is still looking

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vet min plus incentives of pay for play.

Thing about Roscoe is i do not think he can pick up the play book.

Not only is he a small guy, who gets hurt easily due to his small in stature. But from reports, he just is not great at learning the plays. He cost the plays a scoring chance two years ago against the Saints at home, when he could not figure out where to line up. It was right before half. Bills where in the game the whole first half, and going down to take the lead. If i recall correctly.

Just do not think there is room for him, who do you cut???

I understand why not, but I definitely would sign him to a veteran minimum deal with incentives, which is all he is likely going to get, and then play him hard for as long as he goes. We will likely keep 6 WR. With the PS it's not like he's going to take the roster spot of a really valuable player. Aiken has another year or two left on the PS. Stevie is still young, as is Nelson, Easley and Jones. Even if we draft a guy high, I would love to go into the season with Stevie, High Pick, Roscoe, Nelson, Easley and Jones with Hagan if someone gets hurt.

vet min with an incentive. I still like the guy. He played very well when he was on the field. We could save some money if he survives camp as compared to some other slot receiver. They are using pads at camp this year right? just kidding Roscoe :)

i have thought this; Spiller, B.Smith, Parrish can give you some pretty cool play options in offence.

No thanks. I like Roscoe, but it's time to move on. The franchise has waited and waited for him to become the player they thought he could be. He never did become that player. Maybe a change of scenery will help him.

Roscoe was on his way to becoming a good contributor to the offense in 2010-2011. 33 receptions for 400 yards and he made some CLUTCH first downs. THEN....he got hurt. The knock on Roscoe is not his knowledge of the playbook. It's the fact that he's so small and can't stay healthy for an entire season

No thanks. I like Roscoe, but it's time to move on. The franchise has waited and waited for him to become the player they thought he could be. He never did become that player. Maybe a change of scenery will help him.

To be fair you could sub just about any DJ era player in that paragraph

I would sign Braylon Edwards before Parrish. We need some big receivers that are fast. I dont know if F$tz could hit them but that what we need.

But they also need to catch and protect the football. Edwards is horrible with the ball. Except for that one good season in Cleveland, he has sucked. Parrish has speed and makes good catches and thrived in Chan Gailey's offense and on pace for his best year before the injury. The problem may be is that Buddy likes big WRs and Parrish does not fit that mold. All indications point to that Buddy will get his WR in the draft.

As another poster said, he will try to figure out if he can sign Marcus McNeil to a decent contract (similar to what Gaither signed with the Chargers) after the emotions of Free Agency is taken out.