Sign Roscoe Parrish, he is still looking

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted him to be great.. but no.. I'd move on and wish him well. Losing starters every year to injuries is killing this team. I'd rather they give a guy like Roosevelt a shot instead.

If Roscoe doesn't stick with another team why not bring him back? He has experience in the system, a rapport with Fitzgibbons and some nice inside speed. If he can be had for the right price, at least bring him back to compete during the preseason.

I like Roscoe. He is an exciting player. He also is not afraid to run routes over the middle.

There are some people on this board who always have despised for whatever reason (where he was drafted, "gadget" player, etc).

I fully appreciate that he has gotten hurt in the past. Nevertheless, I would have no problem whatsoever with the Bills bringing him back at the right price. At the right price, there is little risk. There is no doubt that he has skills as both a slot receiver and punt returner.

I will defer to Buddy and Chan on this. Right now, it looks like they either have little intention of signing him or are just waiting for the market to settle and sign him at the right price.

Just my two cents.

I like Roscoe. He is an exciting player. He also is not afraid to run routes over the middle.

There are some people on this board who always have despised for whatever reason (where he was drafted, "gadget" player, etc).

I fully appreciate that he has gotten hurt in the past. Nevertheless, I would have no problem whatsoever with the Bills bringing him back at the right price. At the right price, there is little risk. There is no doubt that he has skills as both a slot receiver and punt returner.

I will defer to Buddy and Chan on this. Right now, it looks like they either have little intention of signing him or are just waiting for the market to settle and sign him at the right price.

Just my two cents.

at the right price, the benefit is he doesnt demand as many touches, and hopefully stays healthier.

i think he will get an ok deal somewhere though. not huge, but more than we will pay for a guy in his mold.

Yes, it's hard to understand how some people don't continue to indulge in the fantasy that Roscoe Parrish is a quality WR after 7 glorious years of averaging 200 receiving yards per season.

As for the "little risk" nonsense, there is little risk in any cheap FA. The issue is that Parrish also offers little reward, which is kinda the point. Personally I'd rather give that roster slot to a young guy who has a chance to develop into something, or at least a vet that is a solid ST contributor. I would think fans of a team whose best offensive players were 7th round picks and NFL Europe castoffs would understand that mentality.

Edited by KD in CT

The kid is one hell of a punt returner... and based off of Gailey's offense, he could definitely be in on particular scenarios..

If he's signed at a decent price, he's worth it in my opinion.. 4 yr $15 million w/$2million signing bonus for gadget player Brad Smith, but we can't sign someone like Parrish to a low risk contract..?

If you follow this board at all, you know that it is more than just people thinking he gets hurt etc. There appears to be a personal animosity toward the guy. All I know is that the guys plays hard and has the ability to cut as few people do.

I will leave it to Buddy and Chad to decide what if anything they want to do with Roscoe. If they decide to sign him to return kicks and be a slot receiver, I will have no issue with it.

Yes, it's hard to understand how some people don't continue to indulge in the fantasy that Roscoe Parrish is a quality WR after 7 glorious years of averaging 200 receiving yards per season.

If you follow this board at all, you know that it is more than just people thinking he gets hurt etc. There appears to be a personal animosity toward the guy. All I know is that the guys plays hard and has the ability to cut as few people do.

I follow this board plenty and find quite the opposite; there seems to be a vocal contingent of people who always look for a reason to excuse Parrish's mediocrity. After seven years, the proof is in the pudding and at 30, he's not getting any better. I guess some people like to cling to players they know; I'd prefer to take a chance on someone else who might turn out to be good.

I will leave it to Buddy and Chad to decide what if anything they want to do with Roscoe. If they decide to sign him to return kicks and be a slot receiver, I will have no issue with it.

Exactly. We have no idea what Roscoe and his agent are looking for. If they want three million a year, I'd say pass. If they want one million a year with incentives, I would probably do it. Sure, you cannot count on him making it through the season, but that doesn't mean he can't, it's a bet. He doesn't get hurt because he's small, he gets hurt on fluke plays, falls, and injuries players of all sizes get, it's not as though his bones are brittle. The Bills use a spread offense which is inarguably more effective when there are numerous options, of disparate players with varying strengths, all of which are capable of making plays. Parrish is a nightmare for defenses, and was hugely effective early in the season even without putting up huge numerous. He knows the offense and Fitz knows him.

It could easily be that the team has a specific plan in mind for the offense this year, trying to get Freddy and CJ on the field at the same time, so the defenses do not know if we are in a run or pass offense, and that those two will take the role and routes that Roscoe usually ran out of the slot. But I still think he is a dangerous weapon and much better than someone like Naaman or even Hagan, who I like, as a #5 or #6 WR.