Sign Roscoe Parrish, he is still looking

You guys make it sound like he was completely worthless.

Am I the only one who remembers how insanely clutch he was in 2010--up until his injury?

Yeah, I get that he's tiny and got hurt a few times (though never because he was hit hard--his two worst injuries were to his wrist and ankle, completely unrelated to his size), but he was one of Fitz's favorite targets up until he went down, and he caught EVERYTHING that was thrown his way...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys make it sound like he was completely worthless.

Am I the only one who remembers how insanely clutch he was in 2010--up until his injury?

Yeah, I get that he's tiny and got hurt a few times (though never because he was hit hard--his two worst injuries were to his wrist and ankle, completely unrelated to his size), but he was one of Fitz's favorite targets up until he went down, and he caught EVERYTHING that was thrown his way...

:thumbsup: Amen!

Add to that his punt return records and he's a good signing for reasonable money:

buffalobills.com link

CAREER:

-Ranks fourth on the NFL’s all-time punt return average list – 12.25

-First NFL player to lead the league in punt return average in consecutive seasons – 2007 (16.3) & 2008 (15.3)

-Holds the following Bills punt return records

*Punt return average – career: 12.25

*Punt return average – season: 16.3 (2007)

*Most punt return yards – career: 1,445

*Most punt return yards – season: 440 (2007)

*Most punt return yards – game: 120 (vs. Seattle, 9/7/08)

-Since entering the NFL in 2005, he has 27 punt returns of 20-plus yards. Only Chicago’s Devin Hester has produced more in that time span.

-In 2007, was the only player in the NFL with a touchdown rush, reception and return that season and became the second Bill (XXXXXX) in team history to achieve the feat.

-First player in NFL history to post punt return touchdowns in back-to-back Kickoff Weekend games – 63-yard punt return vs. Seattle (9/7/08); 74-yard punt return touchdown vs. Denver (9/9/07).

You and I clearly disagree.

I follow this board plenty and find quite the opposite; there seems to be a vocal contingent of people who always look for a reason to excuse Parrish's mediocrity. After seven years, the proof is in the pudding and at 30, he's not getting any better. I guess some people like to cling to players they know; I'd prefer to take a chance on someone else who might turn out to be good.

Sign him to a fair deal, he will help this team win a few games. If he get hurt, so what. He will help win a few games and create match up problems. He knows the offense and would be another good weapon.

He didn't play last season and we lost every game he appeared in the season before that.

So, no.

This team needs more WRs with size and skill. Roscoe has never had size and he is not going to get faster at 30 years old. He had his chance and could not stay off the IR. Best to reserve his spot for someone who has upside. I am fully comfortable with Nelson in the slot in the meantime, and Roscoe isn't going to make a contribution worth $1MM+ as a #4-5.

Sign him to a fair deal, he will help this team win a few games. If he get hurt, so what. He will help win a few games and create match up problems. He knows the offense and would be another good weapon.

Instead of a QB controversy we would then have a WR slot controversy . Parrish was the slot receiver for Gaileys O when he got hurt , in stepped D . Nelson BOTH times & took over for Roscoe & is now entrenched as a starter ..

I agree Roscoe could help the team but would he be happy being thrust back into a ST role as a punt returner again ? I don't think so , but if Chix can get him for the right price you never know !!

I really like Roscoe and Bell they both were really stepping up until the middle of last season, that said.

I think in the Nix after the season presser, he stated that one thing they wanted to change was having "injury prone guys". Bell and Scoe both fit the description. The only other one I would put in their boat is Merriman but he is still under contract and it is a reasonable one, he may never get back but still worth the risk (plus they are still going to work on adding guys i.e. Anderson as depth which I love).

I doubt we will see either Roscoe or Bell back. It makes perfect sense too, you don't want the money tied up in them and you don't want the time and reps taken away from others who may be (but you don't know it because they don't get chances until later) better. Chemistry improves with practice. They would not have signed Hagen back if they had any intention of bringing Roscoe back.

I think they draft WR and LT fairly high and add depth the way they have in the last couple of years (waivers and PS steals), why change what has worked in the past.

I don't think Parrish will make a roster this season. He is done. He had some nice skills, and made some great plays, but this team is trying to move forward, and his injuries are too disruptive. Like others have said, he takes reps and playing time away from other guys that need experience.

I don't think Parrish will make a roster this season. He is done. He had some nice skills, and made some great plays, but this team is trying to move forward, and his injuries are too disruptive. Like others have said, he takes reps and playing time away from other guys that need experience.

+1

I like the guy, I just think we need to move on.

I have always liked Roscoe: Speed, willingness to go over the middle, good hands (mostly!), and several touchdowns on returns (3).

BUT: only 2 games last year and 8 the year before. Someone mentioned David Nelson taking over his spot. 6'5" target coming across the middle, and listed at 215 lbs. There is a bigger younger option. He already has more receiving touchdowns in his 2 years in the league than Roscoe and in 2010 had 353 receiving yards and 2011 had 658. 2010, Roscoe's best year he had 400 yards before being hurt. Like I said I like Roscoe, but since we have plenty of return options, and a proven replacement I'm ok seeing him go. Signing Roscoe as depth??? Maybe, but the Bills could use that roster spot to give someone like Kamir Aiken or Marcus Easley some experience.

there are only so many roster spots on this team, and you have to take that into consideration when extending an offer to a guy that simply hasn't been healthy his entire career. that alone is why I would pass on him, and try to get players that can play out a season.

Time to part ways with the IR list players.