All Peyton Manning, all the time!

Off the top of my head... The AFC East is a much tougher division. He'd be fighting for 2nd place in Miami, whereas in Denver, he'd be killing the division. Denver has a better D, and Elway running the show who would be willing to get Manning what he needed/wanted. Denver has already proven they are flexible in their Offense, and Im sure Fox would let Manning come in and run the offense so Fox could focus on the D. Denver has a better OLine (?). While Fox has only been there a year, he is a more established coach. Elway will give into demands if it means bringing Manning in, and allowing him a valid excuse to get rid of Tebow.

The only thing Miami has going for it is the weather. And that is assuming he wants to overheat and sweat his balls off for the first 2 months of the season.

this may come as a shock to many - but being a good QB does not make one a good football executive

As evidenced by the way Manning is using Elway to drive up his price for Arizona and Miami

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this may come as a shock to many - but being a good QB does not make one a good football executive

As evidenced by the way Manning is using Elway to drive up his price for Arizona and Miami

Oh I didn't know you had a direct line to Manning's camp and know exactly what he's doing and why he's doing it. Why don't you spare us the suspense and just tell us where Peyton's going to sign?

Peyton Manning is using John Elway because Elway is stupid because Elway doesn't like Tim Tebow. You heard it here first.

...and how many of those games did they win?

Just for fun, but how long until the NFL picks up onto the spread and begins to start 6 DBs? It's already started. NE is already ahead of it by going with two TEs. There will always be fads in the NFL, it's just that those who recognize these first that are successful.

The spread that the Packers, patriots, Steelers all run? Ya that sucks

The Bills picked Tebow off 3 times and forced him to stay in the pocket and that killed him. How long can he last like that? I think Tebow is a great person and he brings a ton of energy to his team, but the reason his team ever had a chance was when Tebow wasn't throwing it and the defense was bringing heat

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/03/09/peyton-manning-arrives-in-denver-for-meeting-with-broncos/

If things go the way they want, Manning will be playing for the Denver Broncos and Tim Tebow will be playing elsewhere. The Broncos are determined that Peyton Manning is the man they want to be their quarterback.

I'd dump Fitz in a heartbeat for the Mile High Messiah :worthy:

And that my friend is why you shouldn;t be GMing any NFl teams any time soon bud.

Is this the "alternate universe" TBD bulletin board or what?

A vocal segment of this bulletin board disses on Fitz because he's "inaccurate" and "cant throw the long bomb", now we can't wait to dump him in favor of a guy who's thrown a total of 167 completions in 23 games (14 starts)

That's a whopping ~12 completions per start, with a groovy 47.3% completion percentage.

Stop making sense.

This IS the same board that complains about whether Fitz's completion percentage is 62% (this year) and might improve 2-3% to a top 10 64-65%, or whether it's really 58% (his career average), right?

And we want to dump him for a guy that can't hit the broad side of a barn until the last half of the 4th quarter, wins virtue of a killer defense, and has a lifetime completion percentage of 47.3%?

Right, Tebow's completion percentage and low number of completions (less than 10 completions per game, for the 23 games he's played), would have nothing to do with it.

It's all about John Elway being a douche.

"Douche" must have been redefined recently as "person with a head on his shoulders and visible to daylight when evaluating football personnel"

Either that or we've moved out of the universe where it's a passing game and one needs an elite QB to win playoffs.

Memes and media narratives-generated are worth touchdowns in the NFL.

Now Tenn owner Bud Adams wants Manning badly, willing to pay whatever it takes :P

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/bud-adams-wants-peyton-manning-in-tennessee/

curse the mods for killing my poll, Tennessee was in that poll and nobody took them

So now Denver, KC, Arizona, Tenn and Miami will all pay whatever it takes to sign Manning:w00t: This is gonna be a fun week

Interesting how most posts so far assume Tebow would be the backup to Fitz.

I do not make that assumption. And at least publicly, I suspect Gailey would say it is a open competition (as it should be for all positions).

Though that might be tough to do given the size of Fitz's new contract. Nix might fear how that makes him look.

Code, why does having a guy with <50% completion rate and less than 10 passes per game "open competition" with a guy whose completion percentage went up from 58% to 62% and who racked up >3000 yds the last 2 years, make sense to you?

Especially on a "pass first" team in a pass-happy league?

I don't think it's the size of Fitzcontract that should make Chix and Nailey fear how that makes them look

Code, why does having a guy with <50% completion rate and less than 10 passes per game "open competition" with a guy whose completion percentage went up from 58% to 62% and who racked up >3000 yds the last 2 years, make sense to you?

Especially on a "pass first" team in a pass-happy league?

I don't think it's the size of Fitzcontract that should make Chix and Nailey fear how that makes them look

Never said it made sense to bring Tebow to Buffalo.

But if for some reason he does end up there (the Smithers factor maybe) don't be surprised if he gets a chance to start.

He can run well and forces defenses to account for that. He should be able to throw short about as well as Fitz (neither can throw deep). He can sell tickets. And most important, he has a knack for finding a way to win as shown in college and Denver.

I think he would end up in Jacksonville, but I can see Smithers drooling over the potential ticket and merchandise sales.

I have one son who absolutely would want a Tebow Bills jersey if that came to be.

I think the Fitzcontract and the "Fitz is our guy" statements followed up by bringing in Tebow the next season would make Nix look like he doesn't know what he is doing. Which is one reason I don't see Nix doing it unless he gets overruled from above (Smithers above, not Jesus ;) ).

Edited by CodeMonkey

Never said it made sense to bring Tebow to Buffalo.

But if for some reason he does end up there (the Smithers factor maybe) don't be surprised if he gets a chance to start.

He can run well and forces defenses to account for that. He should be able to throw short about as well as Fitz (neither can throw deep). He can sell tickets. And most important, he has a knack for finding a way to win as shown in college and Denver.

I think he would end up in Jacksonville, but I can see Smithers drooling over the potential ticket and merchandise sales.

I have one son who absolutely would want a Tebow Bills jersey if that came to be.

The Bills didn't want him and still don't want him. If he's cut or traded, he'll go to Jax or Miami.

First, thanks. You come to the Hudson Grille for the games with the Backers? I owe you a beer. ha!

What you propose could very well happen. However, with the way Stevie and Fitz and Freddie talk publicly, this team/Offense is already very tight and level-headed without any egos. Woods is the blue-collar leader of the line. Even "1st round pick" Spiller has had to put his time in.

I think Tebow would fit right in with those guys due to everything he has been through. Yet he brings his positivity, and doesnt cause tension in the locker room.

Also, consider this... With a competent backup, Fitz knows that he can take 2-3 games off to heal. Tebow comes in and wins 1 or 2 of the 3 games, and Fitz comes back good as new. The entire season goes differently if Fitz isnt stuck carrying the team even when he cant throw.

I know it's easy to refer back to "Johnson/Flutie", but we all forget that Buffalo was home to 2 top QBs for years with Kelly and Reich, and it was never a problem. Largely due to the humble, religious Reich. Who does that sound like? :thumbsup:

Maybe not with the players, but there were several stretches where the fans would've voted Reich as the starter hands down, most notably after the Rams Monday Night game. It happened every single time Kelly got hurt and Reich came in and had a good game.

I am not sure if this was discussed or not, and I'm not keen on searching through 20+ pages of the thread to find out, but I am really surprised that SF is not in play here...

I'm in your boat. Alex Smith had a strong season last year, but that team is a definite contender with Peyton. I don't know why Harbaugh wouldn't be in the line-up of suitors. The one thing that I keep hearing is that Peyton won't go NFC as his goal remains to play his brother in the Super Bowl. I am thinking this is why he has ignored the Seahawks overtures to this point. Not that the Hawks are up to par with the 49ers at this point, but they sit as a possibility to do the Manning-Wayne package.

I'm in your boat. Alex Smith had a strong season last year, but that team is a definite contender with Peyton. I don't know why Harbaugh wouldn't be in the line-up of suitors. The one thing that I keep hearing is that Peyton won't go NFC as his goal remains to play his brother in the Super Bowl. I am thinking this is why he has ignored the Seahawks overtures to this point. Not that the Hawks are up to par with the 49ers at this point, but they sit as a possibility to do the Manning-Wayne package.

You just answered your own question when you referred to Harbaugh.

This is all about egos, and Harbaugh has one of the biggest in the NFL. He wants to run his offense and be the mastermind. Manning will want to run his offense, and basically be the OC, as he has been for over a decade.

Harbaugh would rather have someone like Smith who he can control and be in charge of. And I dont blame him, since it has worked so far.

That is why I see Manning as a good fit in Denver. Theyve already shown they are flexible on changing the offense, and since Fox is a Defensive coach, it would allow him more time to work on the Defense while you have the league's best OC playing QB.

I am not sure if this was discussed or not, and I'm not keen on searching through 20+ pages of the thread to find out, but I am really surprised that SF is not in play here...

Manning needs to go somewhere where he can be in charge on the field. No one in San Fran is in charge of anything other than Jim Harbaugh. Two chiefs is one too many.

Adam Shine of Sirius XM just reported Payton Manning has ruled out the Miami Dolphins as a possible landing spot. Glad we don't have to face him twice a year, regarless of his health.

I will exhale when his name is signed on a contract not offered by the Miami Dolphins. Until that point I'm still worried.