Dog names

For mine, the runner-up was Parker (as in, Nosy Parker).

Once when I was younger and we got a brother-sister German shorthaired pointers, my dad joked that he was going to call them Spot and Stain. Then, when he called out to them, he could bellow "Come spot, come stain!" :rolleyes::blush:

My current dogs name is Alabama. I picked that name because my favorite movie "True Romance" stars Patricia Arquette playing Alabama Whirly.

My last dog, Guinness was chosen because I drink too much.

For my future fury friend

Ezio

Sprite

Altair

Or my personal Favorite :Socrates

Anyone else got some gems?

If my dog was a little dog, the name would be Tasker. Named for the amazing Buffalo Bills player, not the douchbag announcer.

I always liked the names of my two most recent dogs: Obi and Fozzie.

My uncle had a dog named Thor, and I grew up with a grandfather who named his dogs Shorty I and Shorty II.

When I was a kid we raised standard poodles. My favorite one was about 85lb when he was grown and just huge...I named him "Brute", and the name was very fitting. Dogs are cool.

Edited by ajzepp

Deacon...... because of the great support our pets give in so many ways

Will........ because we need a great Will to get by as we proceed in life

Hachi...... name of loyal who was great example of loyalty and does have a statue at train station he waited many years for his master, so precious and a privilege the loyalty of a pet

farm story:

My grandpa never really named his dogs. It was always the old speckled dog, the puppy, merle, the 3 legged, etc. etc. You didn't call them by name, you whistled. A few whistles a few times for different things, they would fetch, get the cattle, etc. They were Australian Shepherds, blue merle usually.

We have a lot of stray puppies left out here in the country and I have gave a few away. Charlie, Ellie, Alpo, Dixie and Whisper were a few dogs names I had come up with.

Deacon...... because of the great support our pets give in so many ways

Will........ because we need a great Will to get by as we proceed in life

Hachi...... name of loyal who was great example of loyalty and does have a statue at train station he waited many years for his master, so precious and a privilege the loyalty of a pet

That dog is adorable!

My family used to raise Guide dogs for the blind when I was growing up. Some of them had cool names. Let's see if I can remember all of their names:

Elvis (A lab)

Harmony (A lab)

Luca (German Shepherd)

Baxter (German Shepherd)

Ramos (Golden Retriever)

Some of our own dogs growing up, all of them German shepherds:

Hanna

Fritzi

Grindle

Sophie (my parents current dog) Awesome dog!

My own dog that I currently have: Bella a mini poodle.

A long time ago, my family adopted a new dog - husky shepherd mix. I named him Fred after Fred Smerlas, who had just blocked that field goal against the Jets in the division - clinching win.

Best dog we ever had.

I was always afraid of my friend's bloodthirsty black doberman named Nippur. The dog was trained to defened the owners and the house, it was literaly a puppy with the owner and a serial killer with everyone else.

Nippur de Lagash was a comic book character created here in Argentina. The character was a nomad and vicious killer. That name is awesome if your dog isn't a chihuahua or some other small breed.

My friends named their rat terrier Skateboard. Very fitting name for the little guy.

I like to name my dogs people names. Sam, Grace, Penny, Eddie, Kevin... next one is going to be Gary.

I'm with you on this. If I'm ever talked into getting a dog, its name will be George.

I was always afraid of my friend's bloodthirsty black doberman named Nippur. The dog was trained to defened the owners and the house, it was literaly a puppy with the owner and a serial killer with everyone else.

Nippur de Lagash was a comic book character created here in Argentina. The character was a nomad and vicious killer. That name is awesome if your dog isn't a chihuahua or some other small breed.

And your neighbors aren't Asian.

We've had a few:

My dad's:

Pud (yes, seriously)

Shasta

Digger

Bella

Walker

Peanut

Mine:

Bosley

Jessie

Ashley

Auslese (Owsh-Lay-sa), which means "Selection" in German.

Dante (appropriate, because he was the freakin' devil)

Diesel

Molly

Bosley is the only one we actually named and the only one we got as a puppy. The rest were rescues and we didn't want to add to the trauma in their lives by changing their names. Diesel is the only one whose name doesn't fit him at all. He's a complete goofball.

We named our dog Buzzy -- after Buzzy's in Niagara Falls, NY. :D

Good choice!

I had a dog, aptly named Talley ... hyper and was all over the place. Moved into an apartment and had to give her away.