Eight reasons why Mario was a bad signing

After intense jubilation due to our epic signing of Mario Williams, I think sober analysis is needed here.

Hence, eight reasons why Mario was a bad signing:

8. He's not THE answer. I'm just as excited as anyone that a lowly city like Buffalo got someone as dynamic as Mario, but he alone isn't going to win games for us. Can he throw the ball? Or catch it? What about playing guard? Can he cover wide receivers? Nope, didn't think so.

7. His work ethic is lacking. Last year, after wimping out due to a sore chest muscle, Mario got only five sacks in the five games he played in. Really?! He couldn't get more sacks than Dareus--a rookie--who got 5.5 in 16 games? And how much more is Mario getting paid than Dareus?

6. He won't gel with other players. Chemistry wins titles, not individuals. Mario, I hear, is a Republican. Dareus is a staunch Democrat. K. Williams, a Libertarian. I don't see these political odd couples gelling here, Bills fans.

5. He's not nasty enough. All the great DEs have criminal records or personal demons. Alonzo Spellman. Lawrence Taylor. Leonard Little. Ray Lewis. Even Bruce Smith struggled a little with the bottle. Apparently, Mario has no run-ins with the law or any vices. Sorry, I want a barbarian rushing Tom Brady, not a teetotaling choir boy.

4. He has no social life. I just read a story in the Houston Chron and the reporter said Mario never even went to an Astros or Rockets game! Seriously?! Maybe that's why, when asked why he chose Buffalo, he said "I don't care about extracurricular crap." Great, now we have a football player who only likes to play football, think about playing football and kill deer. Doesn't seem like a very balanced individual if you ask me.

3. He likes to shoot animals. Speaking of killing deer, my NPR-listening, Volvo-driving friend tells me anyone who hunts for sport is lacking in IQ and has latent homicidal feelings. Does that sound like the kind of DE we want in Buffalo?

2. He raised the salary bar too high. Everyone is saying junk like "Now free agents are going to WANT to come to Buffalo." OK, fine. But they're also going to want like $100 million. So we probably won't EVER sign a free agent again. Great.

And the No. 1 reason why Mario was a bad signing...

1. He just bankrupted Mr. Wilson. Remember that vision of free agent wide receivers jumping in our heads? Nix just called Alvin Harper, according to this report. Couldn't even afford him. Thanks, Mario!

Edited by JustinAtlanta

After intense jubilation due to our epic signing of Mario Williams, I think sober analysis is needed here.

8. He's not THE answer. I'm just as excited as anyone that a lowly city like Buffalo got someone as dynamic as Mario, but he alone isn't going to win games for us. Can he throw the ball? Or catch it? What about playing guard? Can he cover wide receivers? Nope, didn't think so.

7. His work ethic is lacking. Last year, after wimping out due to a sore chest muscle, Mario got only five sacks in the five games he played in. Really?! He couldn't get more sacks than Dareus--a rookie--who got 5.5 in 16 games? And how much more is Mario getting paid than Dareus?

6. He won't gel with other players. Chemistry wins titles, not individuals. Mario, I hear, is a Republican. Dareus is a staunch Democrat. K. Williams, a Libertarian. I don't see these political odd couples gelling here, Bills fans.

5. He's not nasty enough. All the great DEs have criminal records or personal demons. Alonzo Spellman. Lawrence Taylor. Leonard Little. Ray Lewis. Even Bruce Smith struggled a little with the bottle. Apparently, Mario has no run-ins with the law or any vices. Sorry, I want a barbarian rushing Tom Brady, not a teetotaling choir boy.

4. He has no social life. I just read a story in the Houston Chron and the reporter said Mario never even went to an Astros or Rockets game! Seriously?! Maybe that's why, when asked why he chose Buffalo, he said "I don't care about extracurricular crap." Great, now we have a football player who only likes to play football, think about playing football and kill deer. Doesn't seem like a very balanced individual if you ask me.

3. He likes to shoot animals. Speaking of killing deer, my NPR-listening, Volvo-driving friend tells me anyone who hunts for sport is lacking in IQ and has latent homicidal feelings. Does that sound like the kind of DE we want in Buffalo?

2. He raised the salary bar too high. Everyone is saying junk like "Now free agents are going to WANT to come to Buffalo." OK, fine. But they're also going to want like $100 million. So we probably won't EVER sign a free agent again. Great.

1. He just bankrupted Mr. Wilson. Remember that vision of free agent wide receivers jumping in our heads? Nix just called Alvin Harper, according to this report. Couldn't even afford him. Thanks, Mario!

In #5 you call Mario a tea-totalling choir boy, and then pine for a barbarian. Yet in point 3 you bemoan his hunting and latent homicidal feelings. There is a disconnect here.

BTW, doesn't Kyle Williams fill the barbarian role?

Edited by jjmac

Aren't these two things mutually exclusive? Also, he is apparently a demon behind the wheel and ran into the law because of it. Thank goodness marshawn didn't drive that fast.

In #5 you call Mario a tea-totalling choir boy, and then pine for a barbarian. Yet in point 3 you bemoan his hunting and latent homicidal feelings. There is a disconnect here.

BTW, doesn't Kyle Williams fill the barbarian role?

I know many church folk who don't drink but like to shoot the living **** out of animals in the woods. I wouldn't call them barbarians at all.

I personally prefer a barbarian who likes to tear it up on a Saturday night, not make deer jerky in his dehydrator.

"5. He's not nasty enough. All the great DEs have criminal records or personal demons. Alonzo Spellman. Lawrence Taylor. Leonard Little. Ray Lewis. Even Bruce Smith struggled a little with the bottle. Apparently, Mario has no run-ins with the law or any vices. Sorry, I want a barbarian rushing Tom Brady, not a teetotaling choir boy."

-Actually the rumor was that Bruce was struggling with coke. So basically all we as Bills Fans have to do is to introduce Mario to homicidal maniacs, drug dealers, and maybe a pimp or two. Now that I think about it though, we should just probably hook him up with Taylor. Mario would learn everything he needed to know in one night.

Who's got Taylor's cell phone number?

"5. He's not nasty enough. All the great DEs have criminal records or personal demons. Alonzo Spellman. Lawrence Taylor. Leonard Little. Ray Lewis. Even Bruce Smith struggled a little with the bottle. Apparently, Mario has no run-ins with the law or any vices. Sorry, I want a barbarian rushing Tom Brady, not a teetotaling choir boy."

-Actually the rumor was that Bruce was struggling with coke. So basically all we as Bills Fans have to do is to introduce Mario to homicidal maniacs, drug dealers, and maybe a pimp or two. Now that I think about it though, we should just probably hook him up with Taylor. Mario would learn everything he needed to know in one night.

Who's got Taylor's cell phone number?

Bruce Sniff didn't struggle with coke. He dominated it.

I know many church folk who don't drink but like to shoot the living **** out of animals in the woods. I wouldn't call them barbarians at all.

I personally prefer a barbarian who likes to tear it up on a Saturday night, not make deer jerky in his dehydrator.

Your ungreatfull. Mario was a great signing Im getting sick of negative things said about our team. I bet a hot stripper wouldnt get you hard....

HELL I BET IF WE SIGNED PEYTON MANNING YOU WOULD FIND SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT. Shut up!!!!!

Your ungreatfull. Mario was a great signing Im getting sick of negative things said about our team. I bet a hot stripper wouldnt get you hard....

HELL I BET IF WE SIGNED PEYTON MANNING YOU WOULD FIND SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT. Shut up!!!!!

Easy , easy....sarcasm. It happens a lot here and not always easy to catch.

BREAKING NEWS: PFT reports that the Buffalo Bills are having second thoughts about the Mario Williams signing.

And regards #2...five sacks in five games is only marginally worse than the Bills' entire defense last year.

I was refering to the very 1st post (8 reasons)

No ****, really?

Maybe you're not cut out for this whole social interaction thingy. Ever consider becoming a hermit?

But what about those "latent homicidal feelings?"

BREAKING NEWS: PFT reports that the Buffalo Bills are having second thoughts about the Mario Williams signing.

And regards #2...five sacks in five games is only marginally worse than the Bills' entire defense last year.

No ****, really?

Maybe you're not cut out for this whole social interaction thingy. Ever consider becoming a hermit?

Easy Tom. He is still a probationary poster. He hasn't earned his wings yet.

Hey, take that **** to PPP. That is if you have the balls.

What a JACKASS !!!! I STRONGLY DISAGREE !!!! :thumbdown::censored::wallbash:

Mario Williams and this D-Line ARE GONNA BE BEAST !!! :thumbsup::beer:

Edited by T Flynn

Should this thread be pinned...???

I am shocked there are apparently a few people that thought the original post was serious.. :rolleyes: LOL.. :flirt:

(ok.. I'm not all that shocked since sarcasm is like a foreign language to many)

Edited by markinsd

Should this thread be pinned...???

I am shocked there are apparently a few people that thought the original post was serious.. :rolleyes: LOL.. :flirt:

(ok.. I'm not all that shocked since sarcasm is like a foreign language to many)

It should be pinned!

As we are WNY regardless of nationality, when we see someone pissing in our bowl of Cheerios we immediately become the Fighting Irish. Facts be damned!