One player is not going to change a thing for the Bills

I am just as excited as anyone that we got Mario! Who would ever think we had a chance to land him here.

But come on guys, Mario is great, and will be great for us but we need more help and the draft alone is NOT going to do it.

Im not a GM or a football expert. I enjoy the game but have some street smarts too.

We dont have to break the bank on another FA but what Buddy should do is bring in some above average talent. There are plenty of players out there looking to prove something.

One thing is a fact is this guys. You have have all the talent in the world, but chemistry wins championships!

On a good note guys, please be safe this weekend! Its a drinking weekend and the weather will be nice. Keep you and your families safe from the drunk drivers!

Go Bills!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your post is out of place and uneededly negative

the bills have excellent chemsitry already, they have a front 4 with three real deal stars and merriman adds a possible 4rth impact player which means we will have 4 guys who require double teams rushing at once, its like 8 guys!! with added pressure we will get more picks along w sacks.

Mario was the second biggest addition btw...the first? cutting george edwards! that alone will equal wins.

I am just as excited as anyone that we got Mario! Who would ever think we had a chance to land him here.

But come on guys, Mario is great, and will be great for us but we need more help and the draft alone is NOT going to do it.

Im not a GM or a football expert. I enjoy the game but have some street smarts too.

We dont have to break the bank on another FA but what Buddy should do is bring in some above average talent. There are plenty of players out there looking to prove something.

One thing is a fact is this guys. You have have all the talent in the world, but chemistry wins championships!

On a good note guys, please be safe this weekend! Its a drinking weekend and the weather will be nice. Keep you and your families safe from the drunk drivers!

Go Bills!

It is a good thing your not and we can tell you are not a football expert.

This is exactly what Buffalo needed, a pass rusher.

And as far as chemistry goes, so bring in more guys with less talent? How does more outsiders help w chemistry?

With this signing you get one player, with proven talent, who by all rights is a good guy.

Will Mario Williams get Buffalo to the SB? Probably not. But are the Bills better with him then with out him? YES!!!

And if you argue that point, forget an expert, you are a moron. Sorry.

I hope you and yours have a safe and happy weekend too!!!!

1331929019[/url]' post='2411719']

Go Bills!

You are wrong.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is SO MUCH MORE than 1 player. This is a change in culture, a change in perspective, and most importantly a change in the way OTHER PLAYERS will look at Buffalo. Having Mario is amazing. Having him say 50% of the reason he signed here was the organization/community is so very, very important to this organization.

Go Bills!

Wrong--Mario will be a good guy to confront "Mega Mind" on the sidelines with "man, why u passing on 3rd and short again???"

Edited by Mr. WEO

Go Bills!

The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Don't just think of the sacks, pressures and run stops Mario will bring. Think of how it impacts KW and Dareus who also merit double teams. Think opposing QBs getting rid of the ball quickly instead of eating lunch back there waiting for a WR to get open because no secondary in the NFL can cover for 8 seconds.

Be positive man. Ride the wave. Enjoy it!

Edited by PDaDdy

One thing we have clearly lacked for the last 2 years, to the major detriment of our D and our team, is any kind of respectable pass rush.

If Mario stays healthy and does what he did in Texas, the sacks are the least of it - the QB in his neighborhood lived in fear.

One player, in concert with players we already have, can give us a pass rush and yes, that can be a big time change for us. Our DB will look better. Our field position will be better. Etc. Etc.

Is it really so bad to continue to support the team through continued additions? I have seen lots of posts asking for specific guys and we all hoped to get the twofer on Tuesday of Meachem and Williams. To be more specific, who wouldn't like to add Kamerion Wimbley to the defense? Or, Mario Mannigham to improve the WR core?

I certainly agree that chemistry is important to championship teams and I don't see why it is to be derided. Mario Williams talking about the chemistry in the defensive film rooms; the reference to the wives making dinner together in a family atmosphere was a particular favorite of mine.

Why then is this thread taking such a pounding? There are more people on TBD then there used to be and the Mario signing makes this site even more legit. I was glued to TBD for three days and had a great time talking Free Agency. We should work to maintain an atmosphere of bills camaraderie and mutual respect because God knows we don't get respect anywhere else.

A call to decency on the interweb? What was I thinking?

Edited by poo